• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty-Three

The doors to the blue box opened, and a man came forth. Bunsen Burner stood his ground, as did his forces. The man walked forward, and stopped directly in front of Bunsen Burner. He exuded an aura of confidence quite unlike Bunsen Burner had ever seen from any being he had met. Either he’s vain, bluffing, or both. Bunsen Burner couldn’t quite pick which one he favored as truth.

The man looked down at him, “I’m I to assume you are the pony in charge here?”

“That would be correct,” Bunsen Burner replied with a twinge of annoyance, as if it weren’t completely obvious who was in command.

“And what would your name be, Mister Pony-in-charge?”

Bunsen Burner was unsurprised to see the Elements of Harmony walking out of the blue box from the corner of his eye. “Bunsen Burner, the Royal Majesties’ Chief Science Officer, and Administrator of the Royal Science Division. State your name and intent, human.”

“Oooh,” the Doctor brought up his hand to his mouth, offering mock concern to the stallion, “like to get right down to business, don’t we, Science Officer Bunsen Burner? Well, I’m the Doctor.”

“That is a title, not a name; and practitioners of medicine are only needed in hospitals; not in my facility.”

“So stern! But whether you like it or not, I am the Doctor, and I’ve come for the human in your custody.”

“I don’t care if you’re one of the Royal Family; short of the Sisters themselves calling him forth, the subject stays under my control.”

“I must take him into my care; he is extremely important if this world is to be spared.”

“How dare you threaten my domain!”

“It’s not actually yours, but back to the matter at hand, have you noticed anything odd in the sky recently?” The question hung in the air, which was filled with an enormous intensity as the exchange of words grew more and more agitated.

“What are you blathering about?”

“You must have instruments pointed up at the sky. I mean, you said yourself you were the Royal Science Division; have you noticed anything odd? Atmospheric disturbances? Lightning without storm clouds?”

“I don’t know, but what I do know is that I can put you in a cell near the other human’s so you can throw your excrement in each other’s general direction like the apes you are.”

The Doctor gave Bunsen Burner a glare, which momentarily silenced him, “That was rude, but I’ll let it pass for their sake,” he pointed to the seven ponies behind him. The Doctor’s face lost any jollity it had before, and he spoke in a voice that matched his grave expression, “Your world is placed near an expanding spatial anomaly which will destroy your world completely. I am the only one who can help you stop it, but I need the human. Release him to me, and we can find a way to save your world together.”

Bunsen Burner glared back up at the Doctor, and as he spoke, every single word was laced with venom, “Why should I trust you, a human who threatens my world, and offers imaginary apocalypses? I will not release the human to you, and you will never leave this place. GUARDS! TAKE ARMS!” The ponies with sonic cannons took aim at the Doctor, the specially designed triggers for their cannons placed between their jaws. The unicorns lowered their horns, each aglow with its unique color. The Pegasi were poised in the air, ready for a strafing run or for any escape from the intruders.

The six Elements and Ditzy Doo were frightened, but they stood their ground as well.

“Doctor,” Fluttershy quietly asked, “what’s gonna happen?”

“Just stay close to the Tardis, and we’ll be fine,” he murmured to the group.

“AIM!”

“Ah don’t see how we’re gonna do this,” Applejack replied with growing worry.

“Do you trust me?”

“FIRE!” Sonic guns boomed, magic bolts flew, and Pegasi dove.

PreviousChapters Next