• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eighty

Princess Celestia found herself lying on a floor of white, from which she quickly rose. After ascertaining her surroundings and seeing no threats she was calmed, but only slightly.

Everywhere she looked about her she saw silvery white murkiness just a few feet away, and though the scene carried some intrinsic serenity to it, she felt uneasiness. Had it finally happened? After so many years of life and eternal vitality, had she died and passed on next to her sister? Was Equestria now doomed because of her impulsive vengefulness? With no one left to rule, the land would be utterly defenseless in the wake of the humans, or even worse, another ascension by Discord.

“Oh Luna,” she said out loud in quiet grief, “I’ve doomed them all.”

“Hope yet remains, little Dawn,” spoke a firm but loving voice from nowhere.

Princess Celestia looked around and readied herself for battle. Her wings flared, and her horn blazed with golden light, “Who’s there? Show yourself! Live or dead, I’m Princess Celestia, ruler of all equinity, and I demand to know the one who addresses me!”

“Oh, Dawn, but you do know me,” a pearlescent white alicorn stepped out of the mist. Her eyes were blue, a blue with brightness and intensity of unmatched beauty, and her mane and tail were a gorgeous red color. Adorning her flanks were an ink bottle and a quill. “How could you possibly forget me?”

“Mother!” Princess Celestia said in ecstatic delight, and she rushed over to give her mother a large and loving embrace.

“You’ve grown up so much my child, but how could you possibly have forgotten your real name?”

“No one has called me 'Dawn' in a very very long time Mother; I’d almost forgotten it.”

“Do you really even remember me?” asked the red maned alicorn with a trace of sadness in her voice.

Princess Celestia broke the hug she’d been giving to her mother, and looked at her with confusion, “Of course I remember you, Mother. Even if it’s been a literal eternity since you created the world and everything in it, I’ve never forgotten you.”

“Sweetheart,” the red maned alicorn smile lessened until it was a sad frown, “It hasn’t been an eternity, and though it has been a long time, I never had the honor of creating any world. It’s been around fourteen hundred years since I last saw you, and a little under that since I died.”

“But you gave your life to create the world,” Princess Celestia protested, “you created the world, and then you created Luna and I to fight Discord. That’s how I remember it!”

“But you’re wrong, bright little Dawn,” the red maned alicorn’s blue eyes began to form small tears, “and you’re wrong because the earliest memories I gave you were lies. I lied to you, and I’m sorry.”

Princess Celestia looked to her Mother imploringly, “Please Mother, I don’t understand.”

“That in and of itself is a lie. Dawn, I’m not your real mother, nor am I Dusk’s mother either.”

“That’s not true,” Princess Celestia said faintly.

“I’m so sorry.” The alicorn said, and as she finished, her form faded and was replaced by that of a human wearing a white lab coat. She also had red hair, pale skin, and blue eyes.

PreviousChapters Next