• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy-Five

Princess Celestia had been pondering in her Solarium for many hours since her talk with Princess Luna. The room was made mostly of crystal that channeled the Sun’s rays into glorious patterns on the walls, creating a natural and ornate tapestry of changing color and intensity depending on the weather and time of day. Now, however, it was nearly midnight, and the walls were creating a fresco composed of deep violet, royal blue, and the pale light of the full moon. Princess Celestia studied a large sundial that was the centerpiece of the Solarium. The sundial was of a magnificent size; the span of the it from its crowning point to its indicating point was a distance of twenty-five feet.

Time. Princess Celestia sighed as she continued to look down on her sundial. Time had never been on her side; it had stolen her friends, her students had been lost to its grasp, and her nieces and nephews had been consumed and ravaged by it. Now she feared it was coming for her kingdom; time was running out. In the deepest corners of her mind she could hear the voices of Nature, screaming in warning of its imminent demise. Humans were coming, and this was not only meant to be her destruction, but her children’s destruction as well. This she would not allow.

She closed her eyes, and then exhaled as she opened them again. Her eyes were filled with a cold wrath that only a mother’s mindset can bring; she would not stand idly by and see her children harmed. It was time to take pre-emptive action, before any human forces could cause her little ponies any harm, she would push them back and, if need be, destroy them. Her horn lit up with golden power. A sword made of magic and light arced forth from nowhere. Its blade was large, elegant, and designed with waving patterns. Her eyes glanced over her blade; it was beautiful and deadly, just as she had left it over a thousand years ago.


Princess Luna trotted with a determined pace. She needed to speak to her sister again; she needed some way to convince her that there was no human threat, some way of proving their innocence. She opened the doors softly with her magic and saw her sister, with her back to her, holding aloft a golden ethereal sword.

“You are a failure and a weakling, dear sister!” her lips parted as she spoke to reveal her newly pronounced incisors. Princess Celestia was before her, barely holding that very same blade high enough against her shadowy sword, “I will drown out your precious little Sun, and veil the land in my glorious unending darkness! All shall love me and despair! Tremble before the might of Nightmare Moon!” She laughed maniacally, and shadows fell.

Princess Luna shook her head, excising the awful memories from her mind; still she was haunted by years gone so long they were only remembered in the dust. Now was not the time to become distracted.

As soon as she had opened her mouth, and the word ‘Sister’ had past her lips, she felt it; the summons had come. Adam had called to her and worse yet, she knew by the sound of his summons that he was in dire peril; he and his friends were facing grim death unless she did not intervene immediately. Time seemed to slow down; she saw Princess Celestia turning, but she was already gone. Using her magic, she leapt into the air, her body crackling with strange energies as she vanished into the wind.

On that night, some claimed to have seen a new low flying comet that left purple and blue in its wake. Princess Luna gritted her teeth, her eyes filled with worry as she sped lightning fast toward Adam’s location, and in that moment she heard the same elegy of destruction her sister had heard as well. Though her sister was right in thinking time was running out, she was not as naturally attuned to the cosmos as Princess Luna was, and she had not received the whole of the message; time was running out for the entire world.

PreviousChapters Next