• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty

I heard Lyra scream “Somebody help him! He’s slipping!” I could feel myself slowly falling towards the floor as Lyra’s magic began to fail. I assumed later on that some of the ponies were stunned because a large creature being held up by magic was now dangling from the ceiling; others were trying to avoid the now falling glass because of said creature. Whatever the case, I knew that Lyra and I had just lit a match in a room full of gunpowder, and we had just let go of that match. The ponies were on the verge of panicking, and from their point of view, they had all the reasons to.

The white unicorn jumped over her disk table and into the crowd, running near the spot I was now hovering over. “YOU ‘EARD ‘ER! HELP!” As she yelled into the crowd, her horn lit with blue light again, and I could feel a lifting force holding me up and allowing me to slowly descend. I felt other forces also helping to slow my now safe fall. I reached the floor, and landed on my hands and knees. The other unicorns who had helped me down slowly backed away now. I breathed in and out heavily, and it probably cemented in their minds that I was some ferocious beast. The white unicorn stepped up to me and examined me.

For now, I decided to play the safest route and pretend that I was a docile animal. I didn’t want to cause a bigger panic then I already had.

“Hmm. He seems alright. No blood or anything.” She then looked up to Lyra, “Oi! You! I’m takin’ your animal to my studio near the back! You can pick him up there! Just use the ladder to your right and the back door is right next to it.” She then yelled out to the crowd, “Sorry fillies and gentlecolts, but tonight’s festivities are ending a little early tonight! Get to yer homes safe, you lot!”

It seemed that those closest to the doors had not seen all of the fiasco, so they grumbled. Those who were closest couldn’t get out of there fast enough. As the floor began to clear, the white unicorn looked to me, and I looked at her. “Well, time to get you back to ya’ master. Come’on you! Let’s step into my office.”

She began to trot off without looking back, so I just decided to stand up and walk after her. As she opened up a door back behind the stage that led down a short hallway, I followed her through. As we approached the door to her studio, another door opened and closed around a bend in the hall, and Lyra came charging around the corner, invisibility cloak folded up on her back.

“Woah, hold on there, Mintyfresh!” exclaimed the white unicorn, “don’t get your knickers in a twist! Your pet’s right here!” She turned around and saw me standing up, and her jaw dropped a little “Oh Celestia.” Then she looked to Lyra, and then back to me, and then back to Lyra, and back to me again.

Then her face contorted to a smile of glee as she squealed a little and yelled “Buck yeah! I just got a close encounter!” She offered her hoof to me, and I instinctively reached for it too shake..uh..hooves, I guess. She shook her foreleg vigorously. “I’m Vinyl Scratch! But everypony calls me DJ PON-3.” She then reached for Lyra’s hoof and shook her hoof hard as well. “Oh my Celestia! You have an alien from another world! This is fan-tastic! You need to tell me everything!” And with that, Vinyl Scratch shoved us into her studio.

PreviousChapters Next