• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy-Seven

Princess Celestia had heard Princess Luna call to her, but by the time she turned to speak to her, she had already gone. She had tried locating her sister with magic, but she couldn’t make out a definite reading, so obviously Luna had to be dimensionally phasing.

Then she sensed her in her Tower of the Crescent Moon, along with three other beings and what felt like a half being. Then the half a being was gone, and the other three were running down to the bottom of Princess Luna’s tower. They seemed to be running toward the place where the Elements of Harmony were stored, but then they became surrounded by multiple others. She decided she just might investigate. She spread her wings softly and flew up toward the roof which she teleported around.

The night air was definitely cooler than it had been, but that was to be expected. She glided serenely on the air currents towards the courtyard below, until she heard from below “BE SILENT IMPUDENT FOAL!” and lightning nearly scorched her wings. She deflected it easily enough with a shield of light, but she was most curious to note that it was her sister that had said it.

She slowly descended and saw that Princess Luna was talking to Bunsen Burner, and then she saw Princess Luna forcibly remove his glasses and placed her horn to his forehead.

“What are you doing?!” Princess Celestia asked in stunned disbelief as she landed, and then she noticed the two men and the mint green unicorn. The last two were new to her, but the first was her would-be assassin. “You,” she began angrily as she took a step forward.

“Do not harm him, he is more important than you know!” Princess Luna yelled to her.

“He is a human, and more importantly, my attempted murderer. His kind has no place in our world.” Princess Celestia stepped even closer to me.

I was frightened, as I was certain she meant to end me. Then Lyra nuzzled my leg, and I crouched down to give her a hug. She looked up to Princess Celestia and implored through both her eyes and her voice, “Please Princess Celestia. Please don’t do this.”

“Move aside child. This human is a danger to our world.”

“He’s not the one threatening us,” she said quietly.

“Step out of the way child!” Princess Celestia said with growing fury.

“I said do not harm him Tia!” Princess Luna yelled, her mind still attached to that of Bunsen Burner.

The Doctor stepped forward and in front of us, “Don’t do this Celestia. There is still time; we can save your world.”

“I am saving my world, from you and this wretch. Now stand aside or I might punish you as well!”

“No.”

“What did you say?”

“No. I’m saving your world with or without your help. Your sister is right; he’s key to your planet’s survival, and if you don’t stop right now, I will make sure you do.”

“I’d like to see you try it!”

“No, you really don’t.”

“I am the Ruler of Equestria and the avatar of the Sun. Just who do you think you are?” Princess Celestia’s eye glowed with light, white as the purest light imaginable. A wind of unnatural origin started to swirl in the courtyard, seemingly a prelude to an enormous maelstrom.

The Doctor began to walk toward her, and as he walked his voice boomed out to meet her challenge. “I am the last of my people; the last of the Gallifreyans.” As he approached her, his words seemed to carry a weight of their own, as if each was the heart of a black hole. “I am the Oncoming Storm,” the vast open skies seemed to shrink, and looked pale before this man, as if he were the only constant, real thing, and everything else was trivial and in flux. “I have seen universes blossom in life and in their last spasms of death. I know of then, now, and all that is to come! I am the Lord of Time victorious! I am the Doctor! And no one stands in my way for long.”

“Is that a threat?” Princess Celestia spread her wings to their full span; she did not give an inch of ground. The Doctor stood a mere three inches from her nose, both eyes glowed with ethereal energy; hers: the heart of a living sun, an inferno given life. His eyes were like stars as well; cauldrons of endless depth. These eyes had beheld everything that had ever existed, and were brimming with ancient but eternally young life. These were eyes like those of the ancient Greek gods. They carried finality with them, as if they alone granted life and death. “No, it’s a fact.”

PreviousChapters Next