• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixty-Seven

The Doctor brought the lot of us back to the control room, and we all gathered around the console quietly. I cleared my throat, and in the silence it startled me. It startled Fluttershy too, as she gave a tiny jump. “Before we do anything, I want to apologize for my outburst earlier. I’m sorry for my attitude, and I want to ask you all to forgive me.”

“I forgive you,” Lyra responded.

‘I..forgive you,” Bon Bon added soon after.

Ditzy Doo and Pinkie Pie smiled, “Of course we forgive you Adam!”

“Yeah! You aren’t really someone’s friend if you can’t forgive them!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

Vinyl Scratch was silent, as were the other five. I leaned down to Vinyl Scratch, “I’m so very sorry for generalizing about your work and you. Will you please forgive me?”

“..I still need some time to think on et,” Vinyl Scratch said hesitantly.

“I understand, but for now, can we just shake on it?” I offered up my whole right arm to her with an outstretched and open hand. She looked at it for a little while, and then she offered back her hoof. I made to clasp both of my hands around her hoof, but then I saw and remembered my lacking a left hand immediately after seeing the stump. “Oh. Guess I can’t complete the whole thing, can I?” I glumly muttered.

We finished the shake, the both of us with sobered looks on our faces. I looked to the others; Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. “Please, will you forgive me?”

Applejack stepped forward, “Adam, yah weren’t entirely honest with us when we all first met you, and tha’ has to be taken inta account,” she then looked over to her pink party pony friend, “but Pinkie Pie’s right: what kinda friends would we be if we wouldn’t forgive yah? We accept yer apology.”

“Thank you all for trying to understand,” I said, and I stood and looked to the Doctor, “Alright.”

“Ok, SO,” the Doctor shifted into high gear, “What do we all know about the situation?”

“Yah mean other than it’s the end of tha world?” Applejack pessimistically interjected.

“Yes, something a little more detailed than that.”

Pinkie Pie spoke up “I don’t think it’s time for an ‘It’s the End of the World’ Party. I never thought there’d be a party I’d want to avoid, but we can’t give up! No sirree!”

“Thoroughly enjoying that optimism, Pinkie Pie!” the Doctor pointed and smiled.

Rarity stroked her chin with her right hoof as she thought “Well Doctor, didn’t you ask that Bunsen Burner stallion about disturbances in the sky or something?”

“Quite right! Which leads me into some intriguing information!” The Doctor tapped on the keyboard near the console monitor, “Everyone who can, come around.”

Rainbow Dash and Ditzy Doo took to the air to make some extra room for us to gather around the console monitor. It showed ten concentric circles, with the fifth being made up of multiple randomly size objects.

“Is that what I think it is?” I looked to the Doctor.

He nodded. “This is a live observation of the Solar System. Your Solar System Adam. We’re on Earth.”

PreviousChapters Next