• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixty-Four

Princess Luna gasped once more. When she had made audience for the human she had met months ago she had entered his mind. He had been an open book to her, and while admittedly she had only skimmed him, his mind had not spoken of an invasion force. He had not been lying to her when he said he had simply wanted to walk her world in peace. “You spoke of having one in captivity?”

Bunsen Burner nodded, “We did have one of their scouts; the very one who tried to assassinate your sister. He’s gone now, though, rescued seemingly by his comrades. We believe their kind has strong telepathy, as they were aided by your sister’s current student and her five friends.”

Princess Celestia eye’s widened and her pupils dilated in numb fear,“Twilight?”

“I’m afraid so, your Majesty.”

“What was the name of your prisoner?” Luna’s eyes narrowed.

Bunsen Burner waved his front hoof in an offhanded manner, “What does it matter? He was an enemy combatant; we’re more concerned of his itinerary and targets than his name.”

“SPEAK TO US, BUNSEN BURNER,” Princess Luna had unconsciously switched into the Royal Canterlot Voice., “WHAT WAS THE HUMAN’S NAME?”

Bunsen Burner adjusted his spectacles, “If you really desire to know, his name was Adam; no last name.”

“WE DESIRE A PRIVATE AUDIENCE WITH OUR SISTER. IF YOU WOULD PLEASE LEAVE US—“

“Luna,” Princess Celestia asked, “what is the matter?”

“WE HAVE--”, Princess Luna realized she was yelling and lowered her voice accordingly, “I have information only your ears can know.”

Princess Celestia sighed, “Very well.” Princess Celestia turned to her Chief Science Officer, “Bunsen Burner?”

“At once, my Majesties.” Bunsen Burner bowed, and made his way back to the nearest doors through which he left.

“Celestia. Tia, there is something I must speak to you about, but it cannot be here. Come to my quarters immediately. We will discuss it there.”

The two of the Royal Sisters made for the nearest door, and passed through. At the nearest open space, they spread their wings and flew up into the air and the growing dusky twilight. Up, up, up they went. It had been over a millennium since they had shared the skies. They flew until they came to a tower in the shape of a crescent moon. The center of the crescent formed a pristine balcony, which the alicorns quickly alighted on. This was Princess Luna’s tower: her study, her quarters, her guard’s quarters, her home within the castle walls.

Princess Luna quickly turned to her sister, “How well do you know Bunsen Burner?”

“Luna, what does this have to do with anything?”

“Can you trust him? Because I cannot.”

Princess Celestia was startled, “Why would you say such a thing?”

“Because either he is gravely mistaken, and thus incompetent, or he is deliberately lying to us.”

“Luna!” Princess Celestia could not believe the words coming from her sister’s mouth. “You have no right to call my former student a liar. Bunsen Burner would never lie to me, he is loyal to us and to Equestria.”

“My evidence is thus; several nights ago, I met a human while performing my duties and it was the very same human Bunsen Burner claims to have made an attempt on your life.”

PreviousChapters Next