• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-One

Twilight Sparkle packed her satchel in silence. So much was spinning through her head: Adam, Princess Celestia, that Science Officer Bunsen Burner, and whoever this ‘Doctor’ person was, so many new beings crashing into her already hectic life of trying to learn the values of friendship. Adam had pointed out that Bunsen Burner and his bunch had captured Lyra and Bon Bon; both of whom had no reason to be incarcerated other than the fact that they knew Adam. And it was true that the Royal Science Division had acted on false information: but were they innocent in the matter? Did they plant the false information so they could capture Adam more easily, or was this just undue paranoia? Then Dr. Whooves, or ‘The Doctor’, or whoever he was shows up, being a human or something like a human, and claims that she has to save Adam by betraying the trust of her first friend and mentor, Princess Celestia.

“Oh, this is too much!” She felt pulled in every single direction. But in the end, she had to trust her instincts, and they told her that Adam was unjustly imprisoned, and that he had to be saved. It was mid-afternoon now, and Twilight was going to meet the Doctor at his Invention Emporium. As she was bolting the door shut, she heard a small boom, and felt a rushing wind. As she turned around, Rainbow Dash stood before her, panting from the exertion of the past couple of hours.

“Twilight! We..have to..save Adam!”

“Wait, how did you know about that Rainbow Dash?”

“I was with him for Pete’s sake! We had just come from Spectre Howe, when we saw Lyra and Bon Bon being arrested by some special Royal guardspony team or something! Adam told me to run, and when I didn’t, he made me fly away. I had to spend a couple of hours evading that group of ponies from getting me too!” Twilight’s heart warmed a little, her instincts proved right it seemed; Adam had tried to protect Rainbow Dash rather than see her captured too.

“He did that for you to keep you safe?”

“Yeah, but that’s not important now! Where is he? We got to hide him somewhere!”

“It’s too late.”

Rainbow Dash looked at her in disbelief. “Too late? No. It can’t be! They’ll do something awful to him, and he doesn’t deserve it! He just wanted to be left in peace!”

“I know Rainbow. They’re taking him to Canterlot’s dungeons, but I’m going to The Doctor’s Invention Emporium; he says he has a plan.”

They came to the Emporium right as Twilight finished. Twilight knocked, even though the sign on the front window said 'Closed for Renovation'.

“Who is it?” called out the voice of Ditzy Doo.

Rainbow Dash blurted out “It’s Twilight and Rainbow Dash! Let us in!”

“Sorry, we’re closed for renovations!” she yelled out, but at the door they heard her whisper, “Come around the back by the blue shed!”

Twilight spoke up, “Ok, we’ll see you around then!”

“Twilight! Dashie! What’s going on? I heard Adam got nabbed!” Pinkie Pie bounced toward her friends, and Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity weren’t far behind.

“What happened is an absolute travesty, and I don’t think Adam is really like what everypony has been saying!” Rarity exclaimed.

“And we think yah have a plan to clear him of his guilt!” Applejack finished for Rarity. “You do have a plan, don’t yah sugarcube?”

Fluttershy demurely asked “Yes, do you?”

“I don’t, but supposedly Doctor Whooves wants to help. Oh, and apparently Ditzy Doo’s a genius, by the way. Go figure.” They began to round the Emporium to head for the back.

“Wait, the pegasus who screwed up leading the birds to the wrong place for Winter Wrap Up?” Rainbow asked. “Uh, I’m not convinced.”

PreviousChapters Next