• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifty-Five

“You’re right; I do owe you all an explanation.” The Doctor walked over to the command chair near the console and sat down with sigh. “Alright, story-time with the Doctor; gather round everyone!”

He paused to collect his thoughts, and then he began. “I hail from your universe, Adam. I’ve been..‘involved’ with your world hundreds of times throughout the centuries—“

“Centuries?” I asked.

“I’m a time-traveler, and I’m a Time Lord. I’ve lived nine hundred and five years, and this is not my first face. You see, every time I die, I become a new man. I regenerate, almost like how a snake sheds its skin. But that’s not important to my story. You see, about a year ago, I was just traveling along in my Tardis, flying through time and space and what-not, when suddenly I fell out of the timestream and into the Void. It was bad, but not really bad; more like a minor nuisance. I would have just found my way out eventually and gone on my merry way. But then the Tardis and I fell through a rend; a wound in space and time. I’ve had to deal with these sorts of ‘holes in the universe’ before, but nothing like this. I got sucked in, and crashed through. I landed near Ponyville, where I had my first encounter with ponykind: Ditzy Doo here.”

He pointed to the blonde maned Pegasi who grinned lightly. “When I first found the Doctor, I had to admit, I was a little scared. But I also knew what it was like to be left lonely because no one would talk to you or take you seriously. I brought him back to my home, and he stayed with me there a while. He took an interest in the fact that I made so many different inventions, and one of the first things I made for him was his Pony Camouflage. I live modestly, but, again, no one would take me seriously because they all thought I was mentally handicapped, so I had to take several jobs to fund everything I wanted to create.”

Ditzy Doo looked over to the Doctor with both her eyes. “But then we got clever, and we hatched a plan. The Doctor would pay his keep by selling my inventions as his own; being the genius everyone wanted to see, and I could keep inventing. So for the plan to work, I had to act like I was stupid.” She crossed her eyes, wrinkled up her noise, and said “I just don’t know what went wrong!” She switched back to her normal speaking voice as she continued her story. “With enough money, we eventually got out of the small cottage we were in and we bought the large building by the library.”

“Dr. John Whooves Invention Emporium,” Twilight muttered aloud.

“So that was all an act?” Rainbow Dash asked, “Nearly destroying Town Hall and nearly killing me was an act?”

“It served its purpose!” Ditzy Doo shot back.

“Anyway,” the Doctor interrupted, “that was the situation. It wasn’t until shortly after we moved into the Emporium that I found out the rift in space and time was growing; the Void had been seeping in for weeks before I noticed. I immediately set all the Tardis’ power to mending the Void hole, but the damage was already done. I had managed to stop the growth of the hole, but even at full power the Tardis can’t fix it on its own. So I’ve been stuck here for all this time, hoping somehow to find a way to close the hole completely.” The Doctor sighed and then pointed to me, “And then you came along.”

PreviousChapters Next