• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,162 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,162

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifteen

“So you had said earlier that humans wear one layer of clothing all the time? That sounds rather disgusting. How can you live with yourself like that?”

“We don’t always wear the same exact set all the time; we mix and match a lot.”

“Oh I see!” Rarity had just finished measuring my arm length, and was now moving along to my chest. “Here in Equestria, Canterlot is our fashion capitol; everypony who is anypony wants their designs to be shown off there!”

“I’m not really in the know on much when it comes to fashion, but generally the latest and greatest fashions come from France, I think.”

“Is that the capitol of your homeland?”

“Oh no! It’s a country actually. Almost coincidentally, your style has a very French vibe to it.”

“Your world has a whole country dedicated to the latest fashions?” Rarity’s eyes sparkled. She swooned a little. “Oh, how I’d love to be in such a sophisticated place as that!”

“I’ve never been there myself. It’s on the other side of a very large ocean from where I lived.”

“Then how do their fashions make it to where you live?”

“We have ships that can cover the oceans in a couple weeks, and we also have these machines that can fly like birds that take our people all over the planet.”

Rarity’s eyes grew wider and wider. “Your world sounds truly amazing! What else is there?” She looked over at Lyra and quick spoke some measurements which Lyra took down to paper.

“Um, well, we have these things like wagons that can take you anywhere.”

“What are they drawn by? Large creatures?”

“No, they drive themselves. In the older days horses used to draw them, but they are now powered by..um, heat! And lightning!” Both Rarity and Lyra looked on me in awe.

“What are these horseless wagons called?” Lyra asked.

“They are officially known as ‘Automobiles’, but most just call them ‘cars’.”

“Car.” Lyra spoke the word like it was a food of which she had no idea of what it tasted like.

“And what do you call those mechanical birds that carry people anywhere?” enquired Rarity.

“Airplanes.”

“Oh, I’ve got a feeling Rainbow Dash will love to hear about those!” Rarity took her last measurements.

“Well, it sounds like your world is a fantastic place! So sophisticated and wonderful! Why, it almost sounds like a dream to live there!” My face fell. She noticed, and asked “What? What’s wrong?”

“I described only a few things; but please trust me Rarity when I say, you would never want to visit my world.”

“But what could possibly be wrong with it? You have your “airplanes” and your “cars”, surely you have other things we could never dream of?”

I looked at her and I realized how innocent her species must truly be. They may have heard of war, but it was probably in the distant past. They had plenty to eat every day, and a peaceful world full of friendly faces. Ours, meanwhile, rather than living in harmony, had been devising new ways to harm ourselves and one another since it seems our very beginnings. I also knew what might happen if other humans bridged the gap between our worlds, and that day I made a vow to myself, that if I could find a way home, I would make sure no one would harm this world.

“Yes Rarity. We’ve made and done things you could never imagine.”

PreviousChapters Next