• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-Seven

“Lyra and Bon Bon?” Fluttershy gave a tiny gasp.

“I’m afraid so. They appeared to have had the longest exposure to the creature. Because of this, they’ve been under the subject’s telepathic will for quite some time, making our use of therapy quite delicate. They have recently been pacified."

“Pacefied? Whadja mean bah that?”

“When they are cognizant, they are extremely aggressive against any interaction or treatment. We can only hope they will be healthy again someday.”

“Princess Celestia said they would be released soon,” Twilight said.

“Pardon?” Bunsen Burner turned from the observation wall to face Twilight.

“Princess Celestia said you would be releasing them soon from the castle’s infirmary.”

Something flickered past Bunsen Burner’s face. Twilight saw at once that he did not like to be questioned. His stoic attitude returned almost immediately.

“I’m so sorry that misinformation was given; an oversight, I’m sure. Sadly, we may have to hold them indefinitely.”

“Indefinitely? Why?”

“As I stated before, these two are aggressive to any interaction; the subject appears to have weaponized them against other ponies. They hold a loving relationship to the subject, while animosity is held for anyone else. They have become a danger to other ponies and to themselves.”

Bunsen Burner trotted to a cell just across from the two cells to show the three ponies their next ‘guest’.

“This is Vinyl Scratch. A music entertainer of minor renown, she fell victim to the subject as well. It appears she had heard the rumors about the subject’s existence, and tried to prepare accordingly. She sacrificed herself to get the sonic technology to us.”

“What happened tah her?” Applejack asked.

“After providing us with the technology, she was taken by the creature. Rather than trying to enslave her, it destroyed her mind. She’s been in a catatonic state like this for several days now.” Bunsen Burner looked down at the form of the white unicorn, and shook his head. “It truly is a pity that it couldn’t have been stopped sooner.”

They walked further down the hallway, and they stopped at a secured door. Bunsen Burner approached the door, and lowered his half-moon spectacles for a light that scanned his eye. There was a decompression, and the sound of bolts retracting.

“This particular door only responds to my retinal patterns, so if you wish to do any research in the presence of the subject, you must have me to accompany you, otherwise you won’t get in. Understood?”

The girls nodded.

“Good. Now, be careful. The subject may attempt to telepathically seize you. Warn me if you begin to feel strange in any way, and I will take the according countermeasures.”

Applejack felt anger rise in her chest; to hear all of these lies about other ponies and her human friend was bad enough, but to actually cause harm to him? It was taking all of her self-control not to buck Bunsen Burner against the wall. The door swung open fully, and the three ponies filed in to get their first view of Adam in a while.

PreviousChapters Next