• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-Two

They found Ditzy Doo just where she said she’d be: outside of the blue shed. As they neared, they got a closer look at the shed.

“Why does it have that light doo-hickey on the top?” commented Applejack.

“It looks really nice for a tool shed.” Fluttershy offered.

“I love the color! That royal blue is absolutely amazing.” Rarity stared up at it with a small sense of joy.

“You cain’t really help it Rarity; can you?” Applejack looked over to her.

“Not in the least, darling!”

Rainbow Dash looked around with an exasperated expression, “This is all wonderful, but I think everyone is missing the obvious question: What the hay is a ‘POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX’?”

“Hello Ditzy Doo.” Twilight offered as they stopped in front of the blue box.

“Hey Twilight! I see you brought some friends. That’s great! The Doctor’s waiting for us inside.”

“Inside the Emporium?” Twilight asked. Surely that could be the only large enough space for him?

“No, no. In there!” She pointed to the box.

Everypony looked at it, then back to Ditzy. Twilight chuckled a little, “You got us Ditzy, now where is he really?”

“Like I said, in there!”

Applejack tried to be honest without hurting Ditzy Doo’s feelings, “Um, no offense, hun, but that seems a bit..small. Especially for a stallion.”

Ditzy Doo bumped one of the doors to the blue box, and it opened slowly. “Come on everypony! Come on in.” Ditzy Doo walked in. None of the others followed; but they did hear Ditzy walk in. She called out loudly, “Doctor!”, and strangest of all, it echoed.

“What the-?” Rainbow Dash stuck her head around the corner into the blue box. When she brought her head back out, her face was frozen in stark disbelief. “Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!”

“What? It’s just a little shed!” Twilight said, though her voice conveyed that she was rapidly losing confidence in her own statement.

Applejack looked into the box as well, “Uh, Twilight. I think we’re in a bit over our heads.”

Pinkie Pie bounced around her friends and into the box, and they heard her exclaim, “Oooooh, I could have HeeUGE parties in here!”

Twilight couldn’t take it anymore, she lightly shoved past Rainbow Dash and into the box, and the sight she saw stopped her dead in her tracks. The vast chamber that stood before her could never have fit into the tiny blue box she just entered, and yet it did. She was standing on a slightly raised catwalk, looking into a chamber that had to be at least 75 feet long and wide. Large curving structures of stone appeared to support the domed structure’s ceiling, while large bulbs covered every couple square feet of the dome’s walls. The centerpiece was a mushroom shaped console with a large green glowing cylinder protruding up and out of it. The console seemed to have every conceivable lever, knob, and switch on its surface, along with a couple of other things Twilight had never seen before.

“This is just..impossible!”

“And yet here it is, right in front of your face.” The Doctor, without his pony disguise, came around to them from the other side of the console along with Ditzy Doo. “I told you Twilight Sparkle! I do the impossible; bigger on the inside then the outside? That’s easy.” He looked behind her to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash eyeing into the chamber. “Oh you brought some friends? And I thought only humans multiplied. Come on! Don’t be shy. It’s only a room that transcends normal spatial reality, that’s all!”

The girls slowly made their way in, just as awestruck as Twilight Sparkle.

Pinkie Pie bounced back around to meet with her friends. “This is fantastic! You have a dining room, a swimming pool, a dance hall, a library, and lots of other rooms I haven’t got to see all of yet! This place is pretty neat!” Pinkie Pie paused briefly. “Who are you anyway? I was told we were meeting Dr. Whooves.”

His face split into a wide grin. “Oh Pinkie Pie, I am Dr. Whooves! That’s just my disguise so I could get around easily. But that’s not really who I am.” He paused as he put his hands in his pockets. “I’m the Doctor. And this!” He raised his hands up, gesturing to the room as a whole while he spun in a circle, “Is my transport. Welcome to the Tardis!”

PreviousChapters Next