• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy-One

It was hard to believe that only one day had passed since I was last here. So much had happened since then; so much so it was almost all a blur in my mind.

The Tardis touched down, and I found myself once again in Spectre Howe. The chilling silence was still here, but it was even more eerie now that it was the evening twilight rather than midafternoon.

As we exited the trusty blue police box, I felt my senses heighten once again, and the primeval shift that I had felt the last time I began to feel once more. “Do you feel that?”

Lyra looked at me quizzically, “Feel what?”

“Wait,” the Doctor eyes roved the landscape, though they were clouded. “Yes, I feel it. There’s a low band psychic frequency being transmitted from this site. Something somewhere is broadcasting information.”

“Why am I not able to pick it up?” Lyra asked.

“Perhaps it only works for humans and near humans” the Doctor postulated.

“She’s coming,” I announced as I began to sense the approach of the green spectral woman.

“I sense her too,” the Doctor commented.

Then we saw her; a green glowing sphere appeared from behind one of the mounds, but rather than dashing off as it had done previously, it slowly wondered away. “Come on, we need to keep up with it,” I spoke as I followed after it at a light trot. The Doctor and Lyra weren’t far behind.

The light of the sphere began to coalesce into the ethereal woman even before it reached the mound it had previously brought me to. “Hello again,” I said as she floated along and I walked. She nodded and smiled. “We need your help; this world is in danger from something I helped to create, and we need everything we can to fix this. Will you please help us?” She nodded in the affirmative.

The Doctor stepped forward, “Excuse me,” the woman turned to him, “If you wouldn’t mind, might I scan you? It should do nothing to harm you.” She nodded again. The Doctor took out his Sonic Screwdriver and probed the spectral woman. “Hold on, hold on. She’s a Nano-ghost!”

“Nano-ghost?” Lyra asked.

“The woman we see before us is actually a projection created by millions of tiny machines that have been embedded with her personality. The projection alone takes up quite a bit of her power, and simulating a voice takes even more power.”

He looked to us, “to make things easier for her to help us, one of us is going to have to be her interface.” I scoffed, and said with bewilderment, “You don’t mean one of us is going to have to be possessed by her, do you?” The woman had a regretful expression on her face as she nodded.

Lyra stepped forward, with the tiniest bit of trepidation in her hooves, “I’ll do it.”

PreviousChapters Next