• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eighty-Three

We discussed with Princess Luna how we woul seal up the Void hole with just her and the Elements of Harmony. “Perhaps the solution can be that rather than two Princesses, we could try one Princess and many others,” Princess Luna murmured.

“What do you mean,” I asked.

“I could telepathically summon as many ponies as I could from the surrounding area, and with our combined magic, we could try to seal up the breach.”

The Doctor pondered on the thought for a second, “It could work, but we need to start immediately; organizing that many ponies is going to be a nightmare, and we have only two hours now.”

Princess Luna closed her eyes for several seconds. I felt a chill run through my body, and all the others did as well. The Princess opened her eyes, “It is done. They will answer the call; every Earth pony, Pegasus, and Unicorn, whether young or old. Now we must begin the task of positioning ourselves. The unicorns will bolster me with their offered magic. The Pegasi must clear away the weather disturbances that will appear due to the enormous amount of magic in use, and when either group becomes tired, the Earth ponies must tend to their needs with food, drink, and comfortable places to rest.”

She pointed her hoof to the six living Elements, “You must also bolster me with your power; I’m going to need everything that you can give me.”

“You’ve got it Princess,” Twilight confidently declared.

Princess Luna then pointed her hoof to the Doctor and myself, “You two will help to close the hole from the other side as you already planned.” The Doctor and I nodded our understanding to her. “Now, let us begin!”

The Doctor made his way back to the Tardis, and I began to say my farewells. I got a large group hug and melancholy smiles from the Elements, and Ditzy Doo gave me a large hug as well.

Vinyl Scratch came to me and gave me a hug as well, “And yes, I do forgive yeh.”

“Thank you, Vinyl. Good luck to you in finding a way to help others.”

“And you’d bettah stay out of trouble now”, she chuckled.

I made my way to Princess Luna, and I got down on my knee to bow to her, “Thank you for believing in my continued innocence, your Majesty. Thank you for almost laying down your life for me.”

“’Tis nothing in my eyes. I have learned much from you, Adam the Human, in the short time you found yourself in my domain. Without you, I might have never discovered my origins, and you played a part in helping me to forgive myself. For that, I thank you.” She placed her horn on my right shoulder first, and then placed it on my left. “By the powers in invested in me as Princess of Equestria, I knight thee Sir Adam Human, honorary Protector of Equestria. I present to you your badge of office.”

Her horn lit up with blue energy, and out of nothing she created a jewel. It was colored silver and sapphire , and it was in the shape of a crescent moon. It hung from a small chain made out of ebony. After telekinetically placing it around my neck, she placed her head on my right shoulder and embraced me with her front hooves and her wings, “Leave these lands in peace and with my blessing.”

“Thank you, your Majesty. I will constantly look at the night sky and think of you.” She blushed, and smiled.

Next I came to Bon Bon. I gave her a big hug, and I slyly asked, “I guess I’ve grown on you, haven’t I?”

“Like a canker sore,” she sarcastically jibed back. I gave a small laugh at that.

“Despite nearly killing me when I first got here, I really am going to miss you, Bon Bon.”

“I’ll miss you too, you great big oaf.”

I looked all around for Lyra, but I couldn’t see her. “Hey Bon Bon, have you seen Lyra?”

“Well, after bringing Princess Luna in, she ran off. I thought I heard her say she ‘had something she needed to do’, but I’m not sure.”

I waited for a little bit to see if Lyra would come back, and the Doctor came up to me, “Adam, we need to go now.”

“But I haven’t gotten to say all of my goodbyes yet!”

“Adam, we need to go. I’m sorry.”

I desperately looked around for Lyra, and while I could see many unicorns gathering outside, none of them had her distinctive lyre on their flank, or her minty complexion. Crestfallen, I followed the Doctor into the Tardis, and we began our flight into the now visible gray and white hole in the sky, never to see Equestria again.

PreviousChapters Next