• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,163 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,163

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy-Eight

“ENOUGH!!” Princess Luna roared. All became silent.

After disconnecting from Bunsen Burner’s thoughts, releasing a heavy breath, and seeing that all was quiet, she began to speak. “While we sit her fighting like quarrelsome foals, our world is nearing collapse! While Bunsen Burner has not known of it until recently, he has either ignored the warnings and signs, or has lied to you outright sister!”

“Why can’t you just trust him,” Princess Celestia spoke in frustration, “Why can’t you trust me Luna?”

“Because of what I have only just ascertained. Bunsen Burner has been betraying your trust for years now. Not only that, he has even devised plans to remove us from power or terminate us if necessary!”

“Lies,” muttered Bunsen Burner groggily. “All lies. Princess Celestia, your sister has been psychically taken by the subject. She is trying to destroy everything you’ve created.”

“Will your lies have no end, blackguard?” Princess Luna said furiously. She seized him telekinetically, and brought his face near hers. Princess Luna’s eyes glowed white with power, “Bunsen Burner, from this day onward, thou art hereby stripped of thy title as Chief Royal Science Officer, and thou art thusly banished from this capital of Equestria, and are to never return to it for the term of your natural life. May your name become a byword and be a shame to those called by it!”

Bunsen Burner was consumed in a large purple and blue flash, and he disappeared from us. Princess Luna turned to face her older sister, and started to canter away, “Now we must enact the plan that Mother instructed me in.”

Princess Celestia looked at the back of her sister’s head in shock, but tears slowly began to flow and her expression grew angry, “He was completely right! You’ve been driven insane.” Princess Celestia looked to me with a furious expression, and I could see the tips of her mane seemingly begin to smolder in consuming, otherworldly fire, “You’ve taken my students away from me. You will not have her! YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY SISTER FROM ME!” She drew from nowhere a sword made of golden light and brought it up to strike us down.

I saw what was coming, and I sprang to action. The Doctor had not processed precisely what was going on yet, but I knew Princess Celestia was half mad with grief over my supposed possession of her sister. I made a wild kick near the back of the Doctor’s left kneecap, and it connected. The Doctor began to fall to the left.

I then made to shove Lyra out of the way, and as I did, the Dominion Gauntlet came to life. I never connected with her body, but I found I had telekinetically shoved her fifteen feet away before I had even begun to bend over. I looked up in time to see the sword coming down, and a purple blur shouting “No,” arcing into its path.

I blinked. The sword had vanished, the Doctor was safe, Lyra was safe.

Then I saw the limp mass several feet away. Purple feathers were falling from the sky.

Princess Celestia’s eyes were wide with horror, and she sped over to the prone form of her sister's seemingly lifeless body. “LULU! Don’t do this to me! Why? Why? Why oh why oh why?! Don’t leave me! DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN LULU!”

PreviousChapters Next