• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,470 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,470

PreviousChapters Next
a very buggy day

Before you say this chapter is rushed, this Pokémon evolves as fast as hell in the game, so don’t complain.


Sweetie belle was a young little mare, she was happy at the moment, her friends were happy with their new pets, Appleblooms snake she found on the farm had gotten stronger and had learned some new tricks here and there, like making a small twister.

Scootaloo’s majestic and awesome warrior as she described it was the strongest in Ponyville, maybe in all of Equestia even, it’s kicks and flame attacks make it scary to a point, but Scootaloo always kept Blaziken calm and collected at all times.

Sweetie however didn’t have a pet of her own, but she was going to change that today, she pinkie promised herself, but she had to ask Pinkiepie if she could use her pinkie promise seeing as it was a big deal to Pinkiepie but she quickly focused on going into the Everfree forest, finding a cute little pet, and calling it a cute nickname.

She ventured into the forest, very scared of what was inside there, there could be monsters, beasts and evil creatures from another universe, but she knew the risks, so she stuck to the path that she took to get to Zecora’s, keeping her horn lit up with some magic in case of an evil creature appearing from out of nowhere and trying to eat her for a mid-day snack.

She started seeing a few creatures, some bugs most of the time, she saw a lot of big caterpillars, a lot of small pigeon creatures and a few really big praying mantis creatures with scythes for hands that made Sweetie belle nervous and scared, but it wouldn’t be that bad, it’s not like something was going to drop on her head and-

Suddenly, something dropped on Sweetie belles head, landing on her softly, but she started running around in a panic, trying to get the bug off her head “get off me!” Sweetie calmed down and breathed in and out to relieve some stress, but that quickly came back when another bug appeared before her, with a happy smile.

The bug appeared to have a coat on it, and had a lovely red coat with a white collar around its neck, it sort of looked like a suit really, but what surprised sweetie was that this weird cricket creature was walking on two legs, but the bug looked really nice looking and rather adorable to Sweetie, so with some new courage, and the fact that she had forgotten that something was on her back.

The cricket creature smiled happily, saying “Kricketot” in a cheerful tone, making noises from its antenna’s that sounded like a xylophone when they rubbed together with each other, which actually sounded really nice to Sweetie belle, it sounded nice a calming to her, like the Kricketot was trying to calm her down.

She remembered the thing that was on her back and levitated it off because somehow, it had gotten heavier somehow, but she levitated it off with her magic, and saw a weird looking cocoon. It had a green coating with two small eyes on it.

“So that’s who was on my back” Sweetie smiled, and thought to herself about what to do with the green cocoon. She could leave it in the forest but some creature may come along and hurt the poor thing, or she could sneak back in to her house, keeping it away from Rarity as she doesn’t like bugs a lot, ever since the incident with the moths and her summer season of dresses ruined, and the time with crickets and her hats…

In any case, she thought to herself and decided to take them home and look after them as her own little bug buddy’s “okay, you two can come with me, but you have to be really quiet, okay?” Kricketot nodded while the cocoon simply said “Metapod” in a happy voice, if not a creepy voice.

Sweetie carried Metapod with her magic, with Kricketot behind her, reaching her home quickly. She looked through the window and saw Rarity was asleep on the sofa, so sweetie went on her tippy toes and started to sneak in Metapod in first, seeing as it would be easier to levitate each creature into the house rather than risk making lots of hoof step noises.

She carried Metapod inside her house, being as quiet as a mouse or as a ninja as Scootaloo liked to say sometimes when they would try to be sneaky when getting there cutie marks, but she quickly focused on getting Metapod in her room.

Once she got to her room, she hid Metapod under her bed so rarity would not find him “sorry Metapod, I’ll move you to somewhere more comfortable in a minute, okay?” Sweetie said in a caring voice to Metapod, which made him look happy, though it was hard due to lacking a mouth.

Sweetie went back down stairs, but saw Rarity had woken up and was holding Kricketot with her magic “Now Sweetie you know I don’t allow bugs in this house” Rarity gently placed the large cricket down “now shoo little bug” Rarity kindly said, which surprised sweetie belle.

Kricketot was lead outside the door by rarity, with Rarity heading back inside and shutting the door gently. “Rarity, can’t he stay here? Please! I’ll be your best friend!” Sweetie belle puppy eyed Rarity, however, rarity was fairly used to puppy eyes by now “now sweetie, you know I don’t like bugs and-“

Sweetie belle cut off Rarity with rather than any anger, she said in a calm voice “what if he can do something that you like?” Rarity pondered this for a while, before smiling with a plan she thought was full proof “Okay, if your cricket can create music, not just bug noises mind you but musical ability’s” Rarity giggled at her plan, but Sweetie looked worried.

Sweetie went to Kricketot with a smile on her face “Okay, you can live here, but you have to do some music stuff!” Kricketot tilted its head happily, and started to rub its antenna’s together, creating a noise that sounded like xylophone, almost exactly like one. “Yes! Okay I think Rarity would like that!” Sweetie hugged Kricketot, but as she did, her little cricket friend started to get taller, it’s stubs for arms becoming long blade like arms, it’s face growing a moustache and it’s antenna’s becoming long, though not as unique looking as the original.

“Umm… okay then, can you still play an instrument?” Sweetie asked in a kind voice, with Kricketot, or the new version of him, rubbing his arms together which somehow made beautiful violin style music, which Sweetie belle found amazingly well.

Rarity came outside with her Roselia, both walking in a posh style but with smiles on their faces “Sweetie was that music from your bug friend?” Rarity asked in a surprised tone, seeing the large cricket in front of her, creating more music from its long arms that reminded Rarity of a bow used for violins.

“Fine he can stay, but if he eats even one sweater…” Rarity indicated with her hoofs that she would get rid of Kricketot, in a playful manor so Sweetie wouldn’t get too scared of the idea. Sweetie squeed loudly in joy, but was cut off by a massive butterfly flying out of her window and landing on her back.

“Hmm? Another bug Sweetie?” Rarity said in a happy voice, seeing the butterfly’s beautiful wings and how cute it was being by nibbling sweeties mane playfully “she can stay too darling, but you have to look after them both, feed them, give them water, clean up their business and such” rarity said in a calm but happy tone, but sweetie had run off to play with her new bug friends.

“Well, now that is over with.” Rarity yawned a bit, with Roselia yawning as well “I’m rather tired, shall we take a nap rosy?” Roselia liked the nickname and smiled brightly, going to the sofa and resting happily, snoozing away peacefully, while Rarity headed upstairs to her room for a quick nap as well.


Before you say that these Pokémon evolved so quickly, keep in mind both Metapod and Kricketot evolve at level ten in the games, and if you level them up right, you can probably evolve them in ten minutes tops.

PreviousChapters Next