• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,457 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,457

PreviousChapters Next
a flower for rarity

Rarity awoke to the sunlight going through her window, though it was unusual as Rainbowdash had told her that it would rain today, so why was it sunny? it didn’t matter for now.

She went downstairs to gather any mail that she had received.

“Hmm.. a letter from canterlot?” She opened the letter and read it aloud to herself.

“Dear miss Rarity, i would like to ask that you design a dress or two for me, if you don’t mind of course, but if you do accept, i need a dress that fits with summer and one that fits with winter, yours sincerely, Sapphire Shores.” Rarity squeed in delight and quickly thought about what the designs might be.

She had thought of the winter one already, seeing as she had made a pre designed dress all ready, though the summer one would be more difficult. as she thought to herself, she noticed a small, unbloomed flower near her mail box.

“How peculiar. still.. it’s rather delicate.” Rarity picked up the plant with her magic and noticed that it had a face on it. “Hmm.. must be a rare species. maybe somepony left it here by accident or maybe-” She was cut off when she saw the plants face smile and squeak.

“What? The plant just squeaked?!” Rarity took the plant inside, and placed it on a table. She got two cups of water, one for herself to wake herself up and the other for the plant. She watered the plant and as expected, the plant enjoyed it.

Rarity had no idea what to do in this situation. The plant just looked at her and smiled rather cutely at Rarity, which Rarity couldn’t help but think it was cute. As rarity looked after the plant, she noticed that it looked hungry. Rarity got some berries and fed them to the plant, who happily ate them, and smiled at Rarity.

“Hmm... well you have the plant aspects but you're also part animal as well, and just like a plant, you enjoy water a great deal...” As Rarity said to herself, the plant said “Budew” to Rarity, making her fall back in shock, but quickly got up.

“You can talk?!” Budew nodded to Rarity, and smiled at Rarity with a cheerful look on its face.

Budew got up and jumped off the table and looked around rarity’s home. Budew saw some berries on the kitchen top but couldn’t reach them and fell on it’s back in an attempt to get the berrys.

Rarity walked over to Budew and helped it on to the kitchen top, lifting Budew with her magic. Budew happily ate the berries and jumped at rarity in an attempt to hug her, but just fell on the floor head first, and started to cry.

“Oh you poor thing, there there, hush little one, go to sleep.” Rarity said to Budew to calm her down, before taking her to the sofa to rest and placing Budew down, placing a pillow under her head and getting a blanket and covering Budew with it.

“Would you like a bedtime story Budew?” Rarity asked in a happy but sarcastic tone to Budew, who looked confused but got snuggled under the covers and started to relax and drift off to sleep, with Rarity smiling at how cute Budew was.

Rarity went off and started designing the summer dress, but nothing came to mind, so she started to make the winter dress instead, which was rather easy for her.

“Let’s see, that shall go there, a few jewels here, stich that part here” Rarity said to herself again, working her best on the dress, and finding it rather easy for a change, and she was having a great amount of fun. As she was making the dress, someone entered the room.

“Who is it?” Rarity asked, turning around to see Budew enter the room, looking awake and very cheerful. She ran up to Rarity to see what she was doing.

“I don’t know if you can understand me Budew, but i’m making a dress for a client of mine. Maybe you could help me a bit? Could you pass that fabric over there?” Budew nodded and picked up the thread with her mouth and passed it to Rarity.

“Thank you Budew, now if you would be so kind, would you just sit there for a minute? I’m almost done.” Budew nodded but looked out a window to see that it was raining. She frowned and a light appeared from the top of her head, which somehow made the sun come out.

Rarity was surprised to say the least seeing Budew have this kind of ability, but she quickly moved off it to finishing the dress.

“And the last finishing touch and... it is all done! I’m glad i had thought of the design so long ago. Thank you Budew for your assistance.” Rarity picked up Budew with her magic and showed her to where it would sleep for a while.

She lead Budew up stairs to her room and got out some little pillows for Budew, and placed Budew's bed near the window so she would get as much sun as possible as she could.

“Well budew, you should get some sleep. You're very tired aren’t you?” Budew shook her head but yawned loudly and started to fall asleep. “I think you are. Come on, go to bed.” Rarity picked up Budew and placed her in the bed, with Budew drifting off to sleep almost instantly in her little bed.

Rarity went down stairs and sat down to relax for a bit, making some herbal tea and relaxing and reading some books she had borrowed from Twilight.

Suddenly, Rarity remembered the other dress design she had to do, the summer themed dress.
She thought in her head what she might need in terms of gems. A few green and yellow gems would go well with the summer theme she thought, writing down on a note to gather some green and yellow gems on her next gem hunt.

“I should bring Budew with me also, might be a rainy day then, and i could use a bit of sunshine to help gather the gems. i should bring Spike as well, i’ll need someone to shovel the dirt away, though i should give Spickey wickey a few gems... any gems that aren’t green or yellow.” Rarity said aloud, while writing it down on a note for later in the week.

Rarity checked the time and saw that it was time to pick up Sweetie Belle, though she would have to explain Budew to her. Easy enough, Rarity thought. Still, she had made a new friend in any case.

PreviousChapters Next