• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,445 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,445

Chapters Next
Fluttershy's Wolf

It was night time over in Equestria. The stars were out, and where as bright as little Christmas lights, and were for some reason, multiple colours of green, blue, red and many other colours. It was an odd night indeed, especially for Princess Luna, who was looking at the sky, seeing if she could get any inspiration for a new constellation.

"No, that's been done, so has that, and that. Gah! I need a drink." Princess Luna was a bit stressed... okay very stressed.
She had set out a drink for the night, as usual on a Thursday night for Luna. It helped with naming, creating new stars and constellations.

Luna looked through her telescope and checked on the stars until she got bored.
"Let's see... I could make a few new stars? How does that sound?" Luna was talking to herself at this point, and had just realized that she was doing it. She face hoofed in embarrassment.
“I’ve got to get something to talk to... maybe a dog? Wait, no. Celestia says “no dogs allowed” or was it no cats? Meh, either way...” Luna sighed and continued to look through her telescope.

It was the same old, same stars, a few comets here and there, until she saw something new.
“Hmm... what’s that... a new comet? Interesting...” she zoomed in on the comet and found that it was a bunch of colors, a rainbow comet. She decided to name it.

As she watched, she saw it appear to get closer, before crashing into the Everfree Forest.
“Oh well. Nothing special I guess.” Luna went off to bed, disappointed to find nothing new in the nighttime sky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside her cosy cottage, Fluttershy woke up early, went downstairs then started preparing breakfast for all of her animal friends.

Once she was done, she made herself some breakfast. Some dandelion sandwiches and some coffee to wake her from her sleepy state. She yawned every now and then. She hadn’t gotten much sleep the previous night due to being awoken by the sound of an explosion somewhere in the forest.

The yellow pegasus trotted out of her cottage, stepping into the morning sun to stretch her legs. The air was warmer than usual, but with it being summer time, it was to be expected.

Fluttershy started watering her flower beds, taking her time with each one, being careful not to overwater the delicate plants.

As she watered the plants, she heard a howl coming from the forest but shook it off as nothing, seeing as it was common to hear howls from the forest at night. “It’s a little odd to hear howls in the daytime, though.” She thought. She dismissed the thought, until a movement in the bushes caught her eye.

She ran over to the bush to investigate and saw a creature lying in the grass. It looked a bit like a wolf, but it was unlike any wolf Fluttershy had ever seen before.

It had a black crescent shaped horn on the side of its head, though why it had that was anypony’s guess. Also, it’s white fur seemed rather clean and smooth, which was a bit surprising for a wild animal. Fluttershy noticed it had cuts all across its body, staining some of its fur red.

“Oh, you poor thing.” Fluttershy said in a concerned tone as she lifted the creature onto her back. The timid pony carried the creature back to her cottage as quickly as possible, whispering soothing words to it as she did so..

Once she got back to her cottage, she set the dog or wolf or whatever it was onto the sofa and went to get some bandages and medicine. Fluttershy became a little worried as she didn’t know how to care for a creature like this.

Fluttershy grabbed a bottle of medicine for dogs and wolves, along with some fruit in case the creature was hungry.
When she came back to it, she noticed that its eyes had opened. There was something kinda creepy about them though, like they could see into your soul, or into the future...

It didn’t matter now. Fluttershy smiled at the creature.
“Umm...hi.” She said in a shy, but happy tone. The creature turned its head away.
“You hurt yourself pretty bad, little guy. I’m just going to put some bandages on you, and then you’ll feel better in a few days.”
The creature nodded and let Fluttershy put the bandages on.

“Do you have a collar? Or an owner?” She asked. The creature shook its head in disagreement, and rather then howling and growling, it spoke. “Absol.” It said. Fluttershy fell back in surprise.

She quickly regained her composure. “I-is that you're name? Absol?” She asked quietly. It nodded. “Umm... Absol, can you walk yet?” Absol got up and its leg seemed to be stable enough to walk on, provided too much pressure wasn’t put on it. “I-I’ll look after you until you get better, okay?” Somehow the creature understood Fluttershy and nodded, looking at her curiously. Fluttershy decided to take Absol for a walk with her.

She brought some berries with her and gave one to Absol, who smiled after eating, and seemed to have recovered slightly. Fluttershy fed it more and it got better and better.
“Do you like them?” Fluttershy asked Absol and it nodded in reply.

Fluttershy smiled at the wolf creature, and gave it the rest of the berries. Soon after, its leg appeared to be fully healed. “Oh, you're all better now. So... that means that you don’t have to stay with me anymore... that is, if you don’t to...” She said uncertainly.
Absol looked confused but stayed next to Fluttershy, as if she was its owner, as if Absol wanted to stay with her...

Fluttershy smiled at the creature and thought of something.
“I need to get you a doggy bed though, can you wait here?” Absol nodded and went back into Fluttershy’s cottage and waited for his new-found friend to return.

Fluttershy went straight into the pet shop in Ponyville and bought the biggest dog bed she could find. It was so large that she almost had to drag it back to her home. Upon her return, she saw Absol waiting for her with a cheerful expression on it’s face.

“Here you go Absol, a nice big bed for you.” Absol looked the bed over, before climbing into it and falling asleep almost instantaneously. Fluttershy was puzzled.

She trotted over to a small book shelf and flipped through a couple of books on wolves, but didn't find anything that remotely resembled Absol. She was met with the same result when she looked through a book on dogs and a book on endangered animals. As she slid the books back onto the shelf, a wondrous thought popped into her head.

“This is a new discovery! I’ve found a whole new species of wolf!” Fluttershy squealed in delight at her discovery, and hurriedly wrote what she could about it.
“Let’s see..." She said as she held a pencil between her teeth, "It is about three feet tall and it has a curved horn on the side of it's head...”

Chapters Next