• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,457 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,457

PreviousChapters Next
happily reading and ice fox

Second part of the Spike arc, so let’s just start this chapter. But please note, if you didn’t like the last chapter, then please wait till this arc is done.


It was evening in Twilight’s home, Moltres was feeling a lot better since yesterday, though the sneezing and the flame escaping from her beak did cause some accidents. Accidents that made Twilight livid beyond belief,

Moltres was in bed, waiting for Spike to come back up with some medicine for her, getting comfy in the bed but not burning it somehow, even though the flames on her body were touching the covers.

Spike came back upstairs with a bottle of medicine, but Moltres hid under the covers, with Spike smiling at her. Moltres wasn’t scared, but all little pets and kids hated medicine, and Moltres was no exception.

“Come on Moltres, you have to take your medicine to get better.” Spike told Moltres, who was still hiding under the covers, poking her head out and shaking it disapprovingly before hiding under the covers again.

“Please Moltres, I’ll read you one of Twilights best books afterwards…” Spike said to the little bird like a father negotiating with his child. Moltres’ bed covers flew in the air as she beamed to Spike, opening her mouth as wide as possible to the concoction Spike had in his claw

“See.. that’s a good girl,” Spike smiled at her, giving Moltres a teaspoon of medicine. Though she coughed slightly at the disgusting aftertaste that roamed her mouth.

“Oh come on! You should be used to it by now, my little girl.” Spike said dismissively, though he had sudden flashbacks to when Twilight gave him medicine and he would show his disgust by coughing and gagging.

In his hand he held a new Daring Doo book for Moltres, “Twilight said I could read this to you, as long as it doesn’t get ripped on any pages.” Spike sat down next to Moltres, holding her with his arm around her in a father grip. Moltres looked excitedly at the book and some of the pictures that the book had to offer, pictures of Daring Doo rolling and leaping into dangerous areas and solving puzzles.

“Lets see, boring romance part, explaining, explaining, man this is a boring one… here we go!” Spike flicked through the pages to a action scene, but was disappointed when he saw it lasted only one sentence long. “I guess this will do” Spike began to read it out loud, with Moltres gladly hearing every word of it.

“Daring used her whip and whipped off the mask evil overlords mask, his face being just a dust as it all fell to the ground, covering the floor in gold and blue dust.” Spike said, trying to make this part sound decent, even though it was boring to him... almost on par with sorting out books.

Moltres clapped her wings in joy. She then sniffed a little and drew in some breath. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Spike asked her, looking down on his pet with worrisome eyes. “Are you ok-”

Moltres sneezed, releasing a jet of flame that scorched the book in Spike’s claws. Spike had a look of absolute terror on his face, if Twilight saw that her favourite book was now a pile of ash she would probably get rid of Moltres or worse!

“Spike I’m back, where's that Daring book you borrowed?” Spike was beyond stressed now, coming up with plans to avoid the repercussions as he bolted around the room panicking and scheming. Before he could even act upon a half-baked plan, Twilight entered the room he was in. “Now Spike, were is that bo-“ Twilight eyes popped out of her head when she saw the ashes on the floor. Like a match lighting a tinderbox, she exploded in flames of fury.

“Spike!!!”

Twilight slowly walked up to the terrified dragon, who was clutching his beloved pet in an attempt to protect her from the unicorn’s fire. “You burned my favourite book! How could you!?” Twilight's voice volume was on par with Luna’s, with her whole body in flames as it left burned hoof steps with each step she took closer to the baby dragon.

Spike was sweating bullets at the point. “Well... you see...” Spike looked up at Twilight, who was glaring daggers at him and he gulped softly. “I was reading it to Moltres and she sneezed an-“
Before he could finish his sentence, Twilight lifted Moltres up with her magic and headed for the door.

Spike was shocked for a second, before leaping into the air and catching Moltres. “Twilight, what are you doing?!” Spike said, grabbing Moltres from Twilight and holding her close. Moltres desperately held onto Spike with her eyes displaying fear at the enraged unicorn.

“That book was given to me by Princess Celestia, it means alot to me... or it did until your bird burned it to a crisp! I’m not having that bird burn anything else, so I’m throwing her out!” Twilight bellowed at Spike, using her magic to grasp Moltres. Though Spike was not willing to let his little friend be punished because of an accident, with him holding onto her firmly.

Suddenly, Twilight’s Eevee’s got in front of her, and used their cute bubbly eyes and paws to indicate to Twilight, “Give her another chance, pretty please?” Twilight anger began to dissipate, and her rationality was slowly returning.

“It was an accident Twilight, just an accident I promise.” Twilight, still a little angry at what transpired, put on her scarf and coat and opened the door.

“If she burns another book, she’s out of here.” Twilight delivered her final verdict before shutting the door, but the two Eevee’s got out through a window and followed her out.

Moltres was shedding tears at what happened and Spike cradled the poor pokemon in his arms. “There there Moltres, Twilight’s just being a mean grumpy pants,” Spike cooed to Twilight, stroking the frightened bird. “I’ll look after you, don’t you worry.” Spike hugged Moltres close again, making sure she would stop being scared.

Meanwhile with Twilight…

Twilight had gone to help Fluttershy, her two Eevee’s were playing in the snow with Absol, who playfully chased them like a rabid wolf all throughout the day. While Twilight was talking to Fluttershy about the incident back home.

“And that bird burned my favourite book! And Spike defended that bird, even my little Eevee’s did!” Twilight explained the whole situation, from yesterday to what had happened, and talking to Fluttershy about these problems was easier for her.

“Well I hope you don’t mind me saying but well… it’s just a book Twi-“

“It’s not just a book!” Twilight snapped at Fluttershy, who was now covering her eyes and shaking in fear. “Sorry Fluttershy, it’s just, the princess gave me that book and it was the first Daring Doo I ever got. The princess herself even read it to me.”

Fluttershy uncovered her face and smiled a little, “It’s just Spike is your friend, and yet you never do anything with him. You never take him hangout with us, you never take him with to anywhere, he’s just looking after his friend that’s all.” Fluttershy said, though afterwards she did become a bit shyer.

Twilight sighed, her ears drooping and looking down on the ground. “Yes I know, but I thought he would get bored of some of it and-“

“That is no excuse Twilight and you know it.” Fluttershy firmly interrupted Twilight, something she only does when she is very serious. “Why don’t I go over to the library and get Spike, we can all hang out together.” Fluttershy said in cheerfully, smiling happily as she walked over to Twilight’s home before Twilight could even say anything.

“But spike hates the snow, he’s not going to come outside.” Twilight thought to herself as she stood there.

In next to no time, Fluttershy had happily skipped her way over to Twilight’s library, knocking on the door softly and happily, with Spike opening it after a few seconds.

“Oh hey there Fluttershy,” spike said in a cheery tone, holding Moltres in his, with Fluttershy seeing the cute little bird.

“Aww she’s so cute!” Fluttershy exclaimed as she flew in closer, with Moltres hiding her face away from the pegasus’ presence.

“Sorry, she’s really shy today, mostly because of Twilight this morning.” Fluttershy looked at the sick little bird again.

“Oh okay, sorry for scaring her, I-I’ll just go for now.” Fluttershy said, becoming shy yet again before venturing off.

Spike still held Moltres lovingly and caringly, making sure she was warm and safe, “Come on Motley, let’s get you to beddy bye now” Spike cooed as he placed Moltres back in his bed and covering her in multiple covers. She fell asleep almost instantly with a genuine smile on her face, and Spike himself went to the couch and flopped onto it falling asleep too.


Okay now technically this is the end of this chapter however, I want to do this next short thing I really want to do, so consider this part a pause to rest your eyes a bit, then continue reading, so without further ado, let’s do this. Also, it focuses on twilights second Eevee, the one she found in the park. No ponies for this part, just Eevee and that’s all.


Eevee ran around in the snow, happily rolling around in the freezing cold snow, though keeping a far distance from twilight and the other Eevee, she didn’t know why, but she enjoyed being by herself in the snow.

She ran around In the snow, digging around in the snow, and finding a pretty looking shiny stone that made Eevee chew it out of curiosity, but moaned after wards after chipping a tooth, running around in the snow some more in great pain.

She looked around and saw that she was too far away to see where twilight was, and her smell was failing in the snow, making her worried and feeling alone in the pitch white snow, looking for twilight in the snow as it got worse and worse, thinking she was all alone in the snow, but she was wrong.

She ventured towards a frozen lake, looking around for Twilight while meowing loudly to find someone or anything to help her, she walked around a bit more, before hearing a weird noise in the distance, it didn’t sound natural or even magical, it sounded weird and cold, making Eevee see in the distance what appeared to be a block of ice with dots on its face.

She waved happily at the weird ice creature, meowing in surprise and happiness at seeing the weird creature, but the weird creature did not wave back or smile or even move, until it grabbed a large rock covered in freezing lce was thrown at Eevee, making her move out of the way and digging underground for protection from the rock.

She covered her head with her little fluffy paws as it landed, she was still underground, waiting for the mean block of ice to go away, sniffing the air for any danger and only smelling two things, her own smell which smelled like grapes for a odds reason, and the smell of Fluttershy’s Absol.

Suddenly, Eevee leapt out of the ground filled with new found energy, smelling Absol’s scent meant she could finally find her way back, but as she leapt out of the ground, she looked at the ice rock, it sparkled like a diamond in the snow, making her curious off the rock. She moved closer to it and raised one of her furry little paws and touched the icy rock.

Once she did, her body began to change, getting slightly longer, her fur becoming ice blue, gaining eyes that looked as cold as ice itself, and she felt much colder, as if her body had become ice itself, but she focused on finding twilight now, as she could suddenly smell twilights scent of lavender again, her nose seemed to have gotten stronger or maybe was now able to smell in the snow.

She ran in the direction of the smell of lavender, going surprisingly fast now, much faster than when she was a normal Eevee, and made it to twilight and the other Eevee, who looked worried and confused at seeing her.

The other Eevee ran up and hugged her tight, with herself hugging back also in a loving hug, but as she did, she felt a new power come forth from her body, and she fired a beam of ice at the other Eevee, freezing her in a block of ice, scaring herself at what she did, saying “Glaceon” in worry of what she had done.

“Eevee! Glaceon that’s very bad of you!” Twilight picked up her frozen Eevee and headed home, with Glaceon feeling sad and confused at why she did that, following behind her very slowly to keep her distance from twilight and Eevee.

Once the reached home, Glaceon leaped to the window of one of the rooms outside of the home and slept there instead of inside, feeling like the cold welcomed her for some reason, and thinking that Twilight didn’t like her anymore, breathing slowly as she fell asleep in the winter snow, feeling cold but relaxed in a way.


Hope you enjoyed both chapters my friends, hope you liked these as much as I did, and I did enjoy these a lot.

PreviousChapters Next