• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.65, (To The Past) Fairy Tale Power

Ok, so in the middle of an amazing Twins weekend, and after we had final proofed the Dark Melvain account, the Portal Beacon goes off... Cel (Princess Celestia) was calling us from the Past.

Both Raritys let out sort of a scream, and quickly scrambled away; the two of them were pretty much in the center of the eight orbs that made up the Beacon. The sound had woke them up right away. Well, it was really scary, if you have never seen it before.

And the Beacon quickly woke everypony else up too.

Shysage and I both sighed at the same time. Then Shysage got up and walked into the middle of the circle of orbs, and listened. The message was the same, Cel (Princess Celestia) saying "Shila, I need you..."

"Not again..." I said quietly, and then I ran over to Shysage, and we hugged tightly and cried softly. I think we both hoped we had seen the last of Dark Melvain...

Princess Twilight was crying too. She knew Fluttershy needed to go, and she really didn't like that. She desparately needed each of her girls...

We were soon all hugging tightly and crying. Some of us would go, but we were all in this together.

Except for crying, it was otherwise silent.

Shysage said quietly "Summer, we need to go, and we really won't know what we will face until we get there. And Princess, I would not be surprised if we came quickly back. But we will just need to wait and see."

I guessed we hoped that was the case, anyway.

...

We cried together and hugged tightly for a while.

But we really didn't want to put this off. Shysage and I changed into people, and held hands. Then Shysage grabbed Fluttershy's hoof, and helped her up as a people.

"Girls, make sure that your bands are visible" Shysage said quietly.

I sighed again as I stood in front of the Portal. I saw all my amazing friends in the dull reflection on the fluid Portal surface... I grabbed the edge of the Portal and squeezed. There was a bright flash, and Equestria Present faded from view.


When I could clearly see the Portal in the Past, I told Shysage to hold Fluttershy's hand, while I let his go, and he did that.

Still, it was dead silent as we came into the Past this time.

I spun up my Cutie Mark right away, and only then turned around. After the way Shysage had been treated on his last time here, I was taking no chances.

...

Still, there was only one pony in the room...

It was Cel (Princess Celestia).

She was curled up, asleep on the wood floor, some distance from the Portal.

Shysage and I... We love my girls...

And the moment I saw her, the music that usually wanders through our time with our Twins played softly in the background.

...

I unspun my Cutie Mark right away, but stayed a people, and walked quickly over, and sat down next to her. I gently moved her pony head into my lap, and lightly stroked her neck, just like I had so many times... She woke up immediately, and burst into tears. I quickly hugged her head, and cried with her.

Shysage warned Fluttershy, and put her back down as a pony, and he was quickly on Cel's other side. He also hugged her tightly, and was crying with us.

But when Cel saw Shyage, she sobbed heavily...

"I... I just had to know if dad was ok..." Cel kept saying this, over and over again.

...

Our precious girl called mom and dad here because she needed us.

...

Fluttershy walked over to us, also crying. Sis wanted to join us, but touching me would turn her into a people, and she wasn't sure what to do. I grabbed her hoof, and three people were hugging and crying with the Princess of Equestria.

Cel didn't move for hours, and we cried with her all that time. We weren't in a hurry. We would take as long as she needed.

Shysage was soon sobbing too. "Cel, I love you so much..." Shysage said this a bunch. I think Shysage felt Cel's pain more than I did. It showed. Well, it was tearing him up. Shysage cried, sobbed as long as Cel did.

Cel needed this. Cel needed us.

I honestly don't know how long we cried together, not that it mattered. It was a long time.

Like I have said in other places, our Princess girls couldn't let emotions out very often. And it just had to get bottled up inside. Ruling Equestria had to be their first priority.

And my last time here was painfully brief, and the last thing Cel saw was me dragging dad's almost dead body up to the Portal. And I really had no way of letting Cel know if everything was ok.

Our precious girl... Cel had waited as long as she could... She had reached her limit. She just had to know... We could all tell she hurt so bad inside...

But it was ok now, for her to cry that out. Mom and dad were here for her. Cel's family was at her side.

I honestly think we cried together for over 12 hours. Like I said, it just didn't matter.

After crying with us for a long time, Cel rolled over on her belly and tried to calm down.

"I hope it was ok that I called you both..." Cel said quietly, still wiping away tears.

Shysage was still having a hard time with this. All he could say was "daughter, I love you so much..." It was clear he was trying to calm down too. It wasn't working very well.

"Cel, we are here for you when you need us" I said softly.

Breathing haltingly, clearly holding back more tears, Cel said quietly "I know. I love you all so much."


The three of us changed back into ponies.

Then Cel led us all to the Audience Hall. Shysage and I both gasped. It wasn't near done, but the Audience Hall was being rebuilt in the White marble we knew from Equestria present.

And most of the fields we had seen previously up here were gone; there were a lot of buildings up here now too, easily straddling the large Commons lawn.

Shysage said later that he thought about asking Cel what YOE date this was, but decided against it. It really didn't matter.

Well, it looked like maybe noon now. And a cool, brisk wind blew across this top deck of the stepped mountain that was Canterlot. Cel mentioned it was late Spring in Equestria.

Well, a lot didn't matter. We were with our girl.

Lunch was good, and we went for a very long walk that afternoon.

I think it was during that walk, that an idea slowly grew into my thoughts. Maybe it was Equestria, maybe it wasn't. I would let Cel decide.

"Daughter, I am thinking that a Phantom Alicorn sighting might be a good idea for Equestria right now. What do you think about that?"

Our previous run-ins with Dark Melvain had usually kicked him into obscurity for hundreds of years, then he came back. After slapping him miles across the forest last time, I was sure it would take a while for him to recuperate.

I just wanted to leave some tangible evidence for him to see that this Phantom Alicorn was still on the job.

I proposed this with reservations. The old me would have loved this, but that was long gone. I needed no commendation, no glory or fame. That wasn't it at all, and this whole thing made me uncomfortable for that reason.

But I DID want this monster-bully to leave Cel alone until we killed him in the Present. That was my only goal.

Well, Cel loved the idea, mostly because she had wanted for years to acknowledge my role in repeatedly rescuing Equestria. I calmly explained that my only goal was to let Dark Melvain know I was still around, that he should stay away.

Well, we talked together, and we worked this out.

Our timing was good, tonight was actually a banquet for her ruling governors. Ponies from all over Equestria would pack the Audience Hall this evening.

After the meal, Cel would stand up and say a few words.

During that time, I would come in, as the Phantom Alicorn (meaning my Cutie Mark needed to be spun up). I would say a few words, leave, then change quickly back into a Blue pony, and wait outside a little while, then come back in quietly.

Well, I would make this work. I didn't want that horrible bully anywhere near my girl until we could kill him.

...

Well, the four of us walked together most of the afternoon. It was really amazing. We hugged and cried together more, but laughed some too.

As we headed back, our girl was smiling... As I have written before, my Twin's smile, Fluttershy's smile, her Twin's smile are all priceless to me. But for the ruler of Equestria to be smiling again...

As the Sun headed for the horizon, we followed Cel into the Audience Hall while she checked up on details for tonight.

Soon enough, leading ponies from all over Equestria began to arrive, and the Audience Hall was quickly packed.

Cel had provided a small table for Shysage, Fluttershy and I at the back near the door. That was fine.

I was just scared. I don't like showing off. But I thought maybe I needed to do that a little tonight, I don't know.

I also knew I needed help... Equestria, true friend... Of course, I asked...


Right before dinner, the Princess of Equestria welcomed everypony. Cel really appreciated her distributed leadership, and she told them so in her introductory words before dinner.

She went back down to her table up front, probably surrounded by visiting dignitaries.

Dinner was very good. I don't know how they do that, but I guess I want to learn at some point.

After most ponies were done eating, Princess Celestia of Equestria walked back up the stairs, to her Princess platform, and started to speak.

Well, that was my cue.

I got slowly up, walked over next to the big doors in the back of the Audience Hall, and sat down.

...

I couldn't move...

I clearly heard that Cel was having trouble even making sense, but I just couldn't move.

I couldn't do this...

I put my head down and wept softly.

...

From very close, I heard Shysage gently and quietly say my name. And that Twins music got noticeably louder.

I looked up and saw my Stallion... standing as a people... in his amazing Equestria Girls world clothes...

He is my Stallion. He is my world. All I could see was his amazing Blue eyes...

He quietly said "Summer, I love you" and held out his hand.

I put my closest front hoof in his hand, changed into a people and slowly stood up as he helped me. We were quickly hugging tightly, weeping softly together...

...

Princess Celestia stopped even trying to talk, and was, herself weeping softly.

She was watching her mom and dad...

...

Shysage whispered softly in my ear "I love my Phantom Alicorn."

I have never asked Shysage how he felt about my Phantom Alicorn form, but I guess he told me that evening.

I backed away from him a little, still looking deep into his eyes.

Right away, he held his hand out for me again, and I put my hand in his. I held on for dear life...

...

It was at that point that I spun up my Cutie Mark, then immediately opened my wings. I held my wings back some though, not straight out to the side; there wasn't enough room.

Still, everything about my Phantom Alicorn form is big. I knew I had that huge Pearl colored Unicorn horn on my head now; I could feel it. My wings were the same color and huge too.

The low rumble from my Phantom Alicorn form wasn't blazing loud, but it filled the Audience Hall immediately, and right then, everypony in the hall turned quickly around and looked.

They saw Shysage and the Phantom Alicorn, as people, holding hands... Most gasped... Some cried...

I was still looking into Shysage's eyes... I wanted to hug him again and never let go...

And Cel's crying got noticeably louder at this point; she was still watching us.

I had absolutely no idea what would happen from here...

...

...But Shysage did. My amazing Stallion clearly already had everything all figured out...

We were still holding hands, and Shysage turned me so we were both facing our amazing girl, Princess Celestia of Equestria, who was standing on her Princess platform, crying, watching our every move.

And I have to say, that, seeing Cel... Nopony else in this crowded hall even mattered any more...

...

Shysage led us slowly along that broad red carpet, towards the front of the Audience Hall.

We walked very slowly... It reminded me of walking to my Shysage the day we were married in the Euqestria Girls world. It was that slow.

And Fluttershy told me later that everypony was standing, and just turned slowly as they kept their eyes on us.

Well, everypony in the room got a good look at the Phantom Alicorn.

...

Shysage and I were both looking only at our daughter, as we walked slowly down that carpet.

When we were maybe half the distance to her, still walking forward, Cel realized we would soon be at her side, that we were coming to her.

Her crying stopped, abruptly, and she sat down.

Shysage and I just kept walking slowly towards our girl, Equestria's Princess.

...

Shysage stopped me at the bottom of the stairs.

Shysage bowed. He didn't get down on his knees, but he bent his top half pretty far forward.

Girls don't do that. I bowed my head, flexed my legs some and pulled my dress a little out to the side with my free hand.

For maybe a minute, Shysage and I bowed to Princess Celestia of Equestria. I only realized later; this was a sign of highest respect for the ruler of Equestria. We waited on her.

Cel, still on the top of the platform, started crying again, and said softly "Mom... dad..."

Shysage straightened back up and I followed.

Then we slowly climbed the stairs, kneeled at the top, and together, tightly hugged Cel.

The three of us burst into tears and began sobbing...

And I actually relaxed my wings at that point so they mostly rested on the steps behind me.

...

And thats what the ponies in the audience saw... The Phantom Alicorn was crying with the Princess of Equestria.

And maybe that meant power to them, I don't know.

But Cel and I both knew who the towering strength of our family was, and it was neither of us. It was Shysage. And I was only up here, as the Phantom Alicorn, at the front of the hall, hugging Cel, because Shysage knew I needed him to help me through this.

...

I think the three of us could have stayed there for hours...

And nopony else in this hall besides Flutterhshy knew it, but this really was family time for us.

Fluttershy told me later it was all she could do to keep herself from running up and crying with us. Well, she cried a lot where she was.

...

After maybe ten minutes, Shysage looked over at me. We kissed Cel at the same time, then we stood up. And as I stood up, I pulled my wings back up too.

Cel suprised us... And I have to wonder if she had wanted to do this for some time, I don't know.

Cel jumped quickly up, landed both her front hooves on dad's upper chest, planted her pony head down right next to Shysage's neck and cried.

Shysage... melted...

And I knew what would happen next. Shysage burst into tears, wrapped his arms around Cel, and sobbed...

I put my closest arm around Shysage's neck, put my head up against Cel's head and cried with them...

Maybe I have written about this before, I can't remember. I heard a girl in the Equestria Girls world once say she was a 'Daddy's Girl'. At the time I heard this, I had no clue, but now...

Cel was daddy's girl. She loved us both dearly, there was no question about that.

But on only our second day together after we rescued these girls, Sue wanted Shysage... She was daddy's girl...

...

And I also think that up to this point, Shysage knew exactly what we needed to do. But right now he was so lost in his amazing devotion to Cel... He would have stayed there, crying with her all day. I knew for a fact he so deeply hurt with her, for all she had been though...

I whispered in his ear "Shysage, honey..."

Shysage and Cel both sighed at the same time, then Shysage opened his arms, and Cel jumped back down to the floor.

Shysage wiped away tears, as I whispered "I love you" in his ear.

Then I held out my hand to him so he could lead me.

Shysage just hugged me tightly, and started crying again.

He was mush.

I looked at him and said quietly "Shysage, we need to finish this."

He pulled himself away, then I held out my hand again.

Shysage took my hand, but it quickly became clear he needed me to help us finish this.

I knew what to do.

I quietly asked Cel to watch for my wings as I turned around. Cel just backed up some.

I turned us to face the doors for the Audience Hall, far away below us.

I was pretty sure the ponies present thought they were dreaming or something. That's what most faces showed anyway.

...

Well, maybe I am the Phantom Alicorn, but Shysage is MY Stallion.

Holding hands, we walked carefully down the steps to the bottom of the stairs.

Then I dropped his hand, and put my arm around behind his back, put my hand around his waist, and pulled him close.

Shysage did the same thing.

I also wrapped both of my wings forward. This wrapped the wing on Shysage's side largely around him. I could actually have pulled Shysage closer just using my wings.

Hugging tightly like that, we walked slowly away from the platform, towards the doors. Shysage and I love walking like that. It is hard because we need to take every step the same. We can pretty much do that without thinking now. We do that every chance we get.

It took a little while to get to the doors; we weren't walking very fast. We weren't in a hurry, we were simply enjoying being together.

Shysage kissed me on the cheek a few times too, and that melted me. And the first time he did that, Cel started crying again...

...

We slipped out the door, changed back into ponies (I was Blue), and walked quickly over to the corner of the Audience Hall, next to the covered up cornerstone with my Cutie Mark on it...

We sat down, right next to each other.

It was dark, and he and I stared off into the distance...

"I love you, Summer" Shysage said quietly, as he hugged me close.

I started crying quietly.

"Shysage, do we have to leave..."

We both knew the answer to that question.


Fluttershy told me what happened after we left.

For over five minutes, nopony moved, or even made a sound.

Probably as soon as she could even talk again, Princess Celestia of Equestria addressed the crowd. She was still crying softly, looking down. But she spoke so everypony could hear, even Fluttershy at the back. She made a few short statements with deep pauses between each one.

"Few have ever seen this Phantom Alicorn...

"A simple pegasus mare with magical power so great...

"The Phantom Alicorn has rescued Equestria from oblivion on numerous occasions, I just cannot...

"The Phantom Alicorn is my... mom..."

Cel could say no more, and just cried...

After crying a few minutes, Princess Celestia looked up and said "Thank you all for coming, you are dismissed."

The ponies went wild... They stomped, they made loud pony sounds, they yelled... They all ended up yelling "Long live Princess Celestia of Equestria" over and over...

Nopony could make any sense out of what they had just seen, even though it was really just the results of our family desparately needing each other.

But whatever it was that they saw, it looked insanely powerful, and had cried with their Princess.

That was enough.



PreviousChapters Next