• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.29, By The Moonlight

Summer and I cried together for a long time, and we soon fell asleep.

We both awoke together a few hours later, as a cool gust of wind blew through the jail cell.

It was night, and the soft glow of a full Moon bathed my now Blue Mare in a soft Blue... Wow...

"I love you Summer..." I said quietly.

Still, my mind was clearly elsewhere, and Summer quickly picked this up. I doubt I could keep anything from this Mare...

"Stallion, tell me what you are thinking about, please." Summer said this, still with a hint of distrust.

I answered immediately "Oh... Summer..." Of all the things...

I knew this would be amazing. I didn't know if it might cause her memory to reconnect; I knew just about anything could do that.

I was thinking of one of the most amazing nights we had shared together(1)...

And it was pretty bright in our jail cell now because of the moonlight pouring through the window. And this cell was pretty big; there was plenty of room for what I quickly planned. And we were both ponies, of course.

Instead of answering her question, I gently rubbed her nose, then said simply

"Watch... this..."

I got up, turned to face her, then bowed down on my knees (front legs) before her, like I did that night. I even closed my eyes, and tilted my head far downwards. Then, from that position, I looked up at her.

I was going to ask her to do the same as I did, then realized she was already copying me...

After she was looking up at me...

Trying not to cry...

I slowly extended my wings straight out, then rolled the tops as far forward towards her as I could.

She blushed brightly, then she said "Wow..."

Then she did the same thing...

She looked very... Wow...

Well, I knew I couldn't kneel very long on this stone floor, so I laid down on my belly, but left my wings out, and let them rest on the floor, and she did the same.

But I told her about that amazing night...

I started early in that evening, and explained exactly what happened, with as much detail as I could remember.

I included Princess Twilight and Camille, and told Summer just as it had happened.

Well, I told her she would learn about these other ponies soon enough.

And I included the part about watching her fly up the front of Princess Twilight's Castle, with the moonlight on her back...

Every time I got to a part where we faced each other with our wings out, she almost involuntarily pulled her wings back up.

She looked absolutely beautiful... Right now...

This wasn't easy at all...

And in the middle of telling her about this, she wanted me to lick her nose, just like we did that night.

Leaving my wings out, I crawled forward some so our noses could easily touch, and we rubbed noses a few minutes, then I gently licked her nose, slowly and softly.

Summer began to shiver.

(opt:btm8c)

I finished telling her what we did that night, and how we ended up at the lake...

My Blue mare... softly aglow by the moonlight...

I could never leave this Mare...

I made her feel like the Princess she is...

(/opt:btm8c)

We were soon laying on our bellies next to each other, crying softly together.

Maybe a half hour later, we were back in the corner, and she was under my front legs, up against my chest, calmly asleep.

I had to thank true friend a bunch more... I don't think anything had jogged Summer's memory, but she was rapidly learning about our past together, and was hungry for more.

Stumbling onto Pegasus Play was amazing, and I was glad she asked. I love her so, memory or no...

Still, it was scary... In the past, the Portal's timing had been impeccable, and I just felt in my gut that the Princess of Equestria probably needed the Phantom Alicorn sooner than later...

I had no idea what to do about that...



Author's Note:

1. Fury Run, Chapter 10, 'By the Moonlight'

PreviousChapters Next