• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.16, (to the Past) The Child / Terrible News

Well, the Portal Beacon was active for a little while, meaning that Cel (Princess Celestia), from the Past, needed us. We had to go, really.

We also knew that this could be a 'now or never' chance to take Equestria Girls Shyna back to the Past, to try and find her Twin, Equestria pony Shyna.

And all ten of us were here, in the Castle Library, next to the Portal, right now.

These few points pretty much dictated our next steps.

After the Portal Beacon quit, it was quiet for a minute, and Princess Twilight was thinking. She arrived at the same conclusion I had, and said simply "Girls, we need to go to the Equestria Girls world to get Shyna. And I think we should all go get her, but we probably won't stay that long."

We started going through the Portal right away. Summer and I went through last. We were all soon in the Equestria Girls world.


The clock in the School Lobby said 1:13, so we had a while to wait. We walked over to the bleachers, and most all the girls were in Twin Link range right away. I heard a flurry of explanations that we were here to get Shyna.

I didn't think this would make it easy on Equestria Girls Fluttershy, but it just happened that way.

My Twin was asleep, I realized that.

We had waited maybe ten minutes. What happened next really surprised me.

Principal and Vice-Principal walked quickly across the grass, towards the bleachers, with ALL the other nine Twins. I am guessing the Principal sisters just pulled all these girls out of class for this.

Once they were all to the bleachers, Princess Twilight said quietly "Ok girls, let's go home..." She really said that. And I was surprised that we were ALL going back to Equestria, including Principal and Vice-Principal, right now, but that's what happened.

Again, Summer and I went last, and we were all soon back in Equestria.


Once everypony was safely through and 'accounted for' (all 22 of us), Princess Twilight had Spike send a message to Princess Celestia.

Then Princess Twilight explained briefly to everypony present that the Portal Beacon had gone active, and Summer and I needed to go back to the Past.

She also explained briefly about the perception of the leadership of Equestria, that some sort of storm was 'looming'.

It was clear that she had intended to say more, as calmly as she could.

Instead she was quickly hugging and crying with both Fluttershys saying that she needed both of them to stay...

Equestria Girls Fluttershy eased Princess' head up gently, then spoke quietly...

"Princess, it's ok, we understand. We realized during our last time here, that we both needed to 'let go' of Shyna if she was to have a chance at finding her Twin.

"My Twin and I both decided together, that this had to be, even if it was difficult for us..."

Both Fluttershys began to cry at this point, but said together "Shyna needs to be with her Twin. Whether in the Past, or in the Present, Shyna needs to be with her Twin..."

Everypony gathered around, and just cried with them... Anypony that has had a Twin, knew this was true...

Still, the Fluttershys letting Shyna come back with us by herself; this was a major concern I carried, and I just sighed. Both Fluttershys were showing such amazing devotion and self-sacrifice right now. Summer and I were crying too.

Both Fluttershys hugged Shyna together, and the rest of us gathered around, weeping softly.

I think Summer and I both felt, without talking, that we needed to keep this part short for both Fluttershy's sake.

Ten minutes later, Summer, myself and Shyna were standing in front of the Portal, as people, holding hands.

Summer squeezed the edge of the Portal. There was a bright flash, and we were gone...


The three of us were quickly in the Past (1), standing together in front of the Portal, as people, on the same raised platform.

Like before, I said we should stay people, and so holding hands, until Cel came. It was difficult, but we all managed to turn around.

It looked like the exact same room. In fact, it looked like the exact same Unicorns, still in the room. It seemed that this wasn't too long after our last visit here.

One of the Unicorns asked us to stand still, and he would get Princess Celestia.

Cel came quickly in, and it was clear she had been crying.

As before, as soon as she came in, we all dropped hands, and the three of us changed back into ponies.

The Unicorns gasped immediately, and Cel burst into tears, and was soon hugging Shyna tightly. Summer and I just looked at each other. This would also be for me to deal with.

This was especially tough because Cel was saying over, and over "Child... I am so glad you are safe...", and her tears were clearly tears of joy...

And Shyna had a pretty mystified look on her face.

"Cel..." I said softly.

Cel froze, and looked up at me. "Yes, dad?"

I sighed, then said "Cel, this is Shyna's twin sister. We brought her here to help us find her sister. We--"

I got this far, then Cel burst into tears again. She stopped hugging Shyna, but began to dolefully morn 'the child' (Equestria pony Shyna) again... Cel was soon kneeling on the ground as she sobbed...

I had to interrupt. "Cel, do you know where the other Shyna is?

Still crying, Cel nodded yes. Then she said through her tears "Dark Melvain's Bastion..." Then she wept bitterly...

Author's Note:

1. The background music for time we spent in Equestria Past crept slowly louder soon after we arrived in the Past this second time as well. The tune is the BGM for the 'Outer Ra'Kaznar' level in Final Fantasy XI, and the music, the zone and the game are c2014 by Square Enix.

PreviousChapters Next