• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

Chapters Next
Ch.1, Too Good to be True

Equestria Girls Fluttershy usually ate very well, and took care of herself, and so she didn't often get sick. But during the third week of School, she probably was around another girl at the School that was sick, and so she caught a nasty cold. Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle caught it too.

Still, Fluttershy's 'new sister' Shyna was usually always with Fluttershy, when she wasn't in her own classes, anyway. They lived together, they ate lunch together, they 'chilled' in the bleachers after school, and encouraged other girls together... Their few trips to the beach together had been so amazing. Shyna just couldn't remember having such... She had to try not to cry.

Fluttershy's 'real' sister, Equestria Girls Summer Rain (Shyna was not supposed to say 'real sister' any more; both Fluttershy and Summer loved Shyna immensely, and told Shyna she was family now); Summer was also amazing to be around. Summer was spending an increasing amount of time with her fiancee though, and so Shyna had just bonded a lot more closely with Fluttershy.

That, and Shyna and Fluttershy were painfully alike in so many ways.

Well, with Fluttershy at home in bed the following Monday, Shyna felt kind of 'out of sorts', and pretty much left to fend for herself. Shyna didn't mind too much, she had spent all of her life doing this. From one foster family to the next, and finally that terrible group home...

Fluttershy meant the world to Shyna. She was the first person to actually love Shyna since she could EVER remember. Fluttershy was an amazing sister, and maybe part mother too, even though she was only a couple years older. Shyna knew Fluttershy wouldn't be sick for a long time; this was just temporary.

Right before lunch, Shyna texted Filia about hanging with them during lunch, and quickly got the ok; she should meet them in the School Lobby.

The bell rang, and ten minutes later, Shyna joined Filia and Fiona leaning up against one of the long walls of the base of the statue in front of the School that also held the Portal wall.

Shyna asked Filia why they were sitting here.

"Shyna, it is night-time in Equestria, and sometimes we can talk to our Twins through the Portal. I think they are supposed to be in bed, but they wander into the Library, and we just talk" Filia said lovingly.

Shyna had talked quite a bit to Filia and Fiona, about Equestria, about Twins, about most everything. It all sounded amazing, but Shyna doubted she would ever...

But the way Filia and Fiona talked about their Twins... Never in Shyna's whole life had she...

Filia and Fiona suddenly started talking, and it was clear they were talking with their Twins.

Shyna was happy for them. But she wanted... It was just very hard...


Shyna quietly excused herself, and walked up the few steps and into the School lobby. She was glad it was deserted, and she quickly slumped down in a corner, and began to cry softly.

Her life had included so much pain, she never cried loud any more. Still, after crying some, maybe she would feel bett--

"Hey, who are you?"

Shyna heard this, and quickly picked her head up, and looked around.

The Lobby was empty.

"Please don't play tricks on me, whoever you are" Shyna said quietly, looking straight across the Lobby, off into space...

"Wait, close your eyes" the voice said, so Shyna did.

"Wow, I can see what you are seeing" the voice said.

...

"Who are you?" Shyna asked quietly. She really didn't even think this part through.

...

"My name is Shyna, and I'm in Equestria. Who are you?" the voice said...

...

...

...

Shyna answered with a question, because she immediately realized what was going on.

"Are you a pony, Shyna?" she asked.

...

"Of course, isn't everypony here?" she heard...

...

...

...

Never in her wildest dreams... Shyna quickly WAS crying loudly...

After a minute maybe, the voice said quietly "Please stop crying... You are making me cry too..."

Of course...

...

"Ok listen..." Shyna said, still trying not to cry. She tried to explain.

"My name is Shyna too, and I am from a different, well, place. You are my 'Twin' in Equestria, and I already know that I lo---"

Shyna got this much out, and started crying again...

...

Both Shynas were quickly crying in the same way, at the same time. Twins do that...

...

Equestria Girls Shyna stopped crying. "Listen, we need to stop crying. I... I am amazed that I can even talk to you, but let's try to keep talking to each other every day, if we can. I need to leave soon, but maybe tomorrow at this time we can talk, I don't know."

Still sniffling, Equestria pony Shyna said quietly "Ok..."

It was quiet for a minute.

Equestria Girls Shyna asked quietly "Are you an orphan like me?"

Equestria pony Shyna answered, also quietly "Yes..."

"I hope I can meet you some day..." Equestria Girls Shyna said.

"Me too..." Equestria pony Shyna answered.

It was quiet for another minute.

Equestria pony Shyna said quietly "Hey, close your eyes a minute. Now, I'm looking into a mirror thing, can you see me?"

With her eyes closed, Equestra Girls Shyna did see... It WAS the 'Twin Link' that Filia had told her about... The mirror wasn't very good, though, and it looked like it was dark where she was.

But she saw a White pony, with maybe Orange hair. She couldn't see much else.

"I will look just like you in your world, Shyna" Equestria Girls Shyna said softly. "That's why we are called 'Twins'..."

"Wow, can you find a mirror there? It looks very bright and I just see some strange room" Equestria pony Shyna asked.

"No, I'm sorry" Equestria Girls Shyna said. Then she asked "Hey, where are you again?"

"Well, Equestria, like everypony else. This is Canterlot though, what city are you in?" Equestria pony Shyna asked.

Equestria Girls Shyna paused a minute, then said quietly and slowly "Twin, I am from a different place. And I look a lot different than you until I am in your world..."

"Wow..." Equestria pony Shyna said, paused briefly, then said "Ok..." slowly.

"It was quiet for a minute, then Equestria pony Shyna said quickly "Oh, gotta go, bye Twin!"

The Twin Link quit right away.


Inside Shyna was elated that her Twin even existed, and that she got to talk to her. She just wanted to cry.

But from her past experience, whenever anything good happened to Shyna, someone else always came and took it away. She knew for sure that Fluttershy loved her deeply, but Shyna decided to be careful with this. She decided to tell Fluttershy, but noone else.

Shyna got slowly up, and walked out to Filia and Fiona. Just then the bell rang, and the three of them headed quickly to their next classes.

School dragged slowly that afternoon, and Shyna couldn't wait for the last bell.

She joined everyone else in the bleachers, as usual. She sat next to Equestria Girls Summer, and tried to blend in. Shyna really missed Fluttershy.

At five, Summer and Shyna walked slowly 'home', and talked some on the way. Summer hugged Shyna, then they both went inside the apartment. Summer wanted to check on her 'other' sister.

Fluttershy still had a fever, but it wasn't too bad. Fluttershy asked Summer to pick up some Orange Juice tonight when she and Shysage were together. Summer hugged Fluttershy, then Shyna, then Summer left.

Shyna sat on the floor next to Fluttershy. It had been a long time since she had cared about someone... The growing concern she felt for Fluttershy was pretty new. It was nice and hard at the same time.

Shyna hugged Fluttershy, and realized she was pretty warm. Shyna got up, found a clean wash cloth, got it wet with cold water, and put it on Fluttershy's forehead, and Fluttershy really appreciated that.

Fluttershy was really not feeling well, but still she looked at Shyna and asked her about her day.

Shyna burst into tears, and just hugged her new sister, and cried in her arms.

At one point, Shyna said, while crying "I talked to my Twin today... She's in Canterlot..." and then Shyna kept crying.

Fluttershy just said "Oh, Shyna..." and cried with her.

Five minutes later, Fluttershy was asleep.

Shyna realized Fluttershy probably needed to sleep.

Shyna sat on the floor next to the couch where Fluttershy was. Shyna did her homework there, then looked at one of Fluttershy's few books. This one was about horses.

Summer came home around seven, and hugged Shyna again, right away. Shyna already knew she would not mention her Twin to anyone else, and she had already told Fluttershy.

Still, Summer was certainly caring, and they had a good evening together. Summer made she and Shyna a nice sandwich, and they ate together, then worked on cleaning up in the kitchen.

Fluttershy woke up, and Summer gave her some Orange Juice to drink. Fluttershy went back to sleep.

Soon, Summer and Shyna were ready for bed. Summer was in her sleeping bag on the Cot, and Shyna was in her sleeping bag on the floor.

Shyna started crying. This wasn't too uncommon. Until she moved here, nights were just nightmares for her. Summer was quickly down on the floor, hugging Shyna as she cried. Summer said what she and Fluttershy always reminded Shyna "Shyna, Sis and I love you so much..."

Shyna was so glad for that. Shyna needed that. They really had rescued her.

Shyna was soon asleep, and Summer climbed back into the cot, and she was asleep too.


Fluttershy stayed home the next day too, and, just like yesterday, the entire day seemed to drag for Shyna...

Shyna joined Filia and Fiona during lunch, and again went into the School Lobby, but the Twin Link stayed inactive the whole time.

That evening though, Fluttershy was feeling a lot better. This made Shyna cry, and Fluttershy just cried with her. The two of them were so much alike...

Without saying why, Shyna asked Fluttershy to tell her some more about Equestria. Fluttershy started off on a random talk, and they both enjoyed the time. Mentally, Shyna was taking notes. It mattered now...

The three sisters were soon back together, and the evening was a blur. Summer and Fluttershy clearly adored Shyna, and took such good care of her.

They were all soon asleep.

The rest of the week, Fluttershy was back in School, back with Shyna.

Shyna made a habit of heading for a drink in the Lobby at approximately the middle of lunch, just to check for her Twin.

Nothing.

Otherwise, Shyna just bathed in Fluttershy and Summer's love. Thursday night they went to the beach together with Summer's fiancee. Shyna cried again.

Saturday morning was the Animal Shelter, and Shyna and Fluttershy both enjoyed the time. Then they rejoined everyone else at the bleachers, and the rest of the day was amazing.

Time just moved on as Fluttershy and Summer worked on loving Shyna back to life. Everyone knew it would take a while...

Author's Note:

The lead picture for this account is supposed to show a foreboding gate complex made entirely of jet-black Obsidian. Obsidian is not very 'photo-genic'. This picture is actually a screen shot of a gate in the 'Castle Zvahl Bailey Keep_S' area of Final Fantasy XI which is c2014 by Square Enix. It is extremely difficult to find large amounts of Obsidian like this...

Chapters Next