• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.38, Princess Twilight: Final Entry

This is Princess Twilight again.

The last entry that I did, I actually scribbled quickly down on a piece of paper in the Library, before the girls and I headed down to the Council Room in the bottom of the Castle. I hastily finished it right before I left the magical shield over that small 'circle garden' in the Commons lawn in Canterlot. Then I just dropped it on the ground...

That was all maybe six hours ago...

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and I have been trying to keep this monster from killing us for all that time...

Well, even this is not true. I am convinced he could have easily and effortlessly killed us right away, if he wanted too..

It is so clear that Dark Melvain has absolutely no fear of losing, and just wants to make us suffer as much as he possibly can, until he finally decides to kill us.

And his terrible taunts... Each one crashing home like bullets...

And, just for 'fun', every so often, he quickly moves the 'point of impact' between our magical beams and his, maybe half the distance between the center and us four Princesses... This instantly terrifies us...

But I think terror is his goal...

Early on, Princess Celestia would say things to encourage the rest of us. I think Dark Melvain didn't like that, and just 'bumped up' the pressure a little so none of us could even talk... We had to concentrate fully on pushing his beam away with our magic, or we would immediately die.

After a few hours, he started telling us to just give up. If even one of us did that, we would ALL quickly die...

And from that point, he also started saying repeatedly and loudly, that there was no rescue for us this time...

I fear he is right... I feared that when I first read Princess Celestia's message... The Leadership of Equestria was already hurting so much... We just weren't ready for this... But it really doesn't matter any more...

It was very cold at first this morning, but the Sun soon warmed us nicely. Still, if we manage to last until night-fall tonight, we will certainly freeze and die...

And even if Fluttershy were here, I could not just 'take a break and use the Elements'; we would ALL die if I left my Princess friends...

Like I said before, I see no way how we could possibly survive this day... Summer, well, the Phantom Alicorn is dead... And Fluttershy is buried somewhere in the Past...

And I didn't even get to say 'good bye' to Spike...

...

...

...

I can't write this down, but I think this is as close to a 'final entry' as I will ever come.

I think it is just a matter of time.



PreviousChapters Next