• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.15, (Portal Beacon) Very Bad Timing

'monsters in the Grass' was still sitting on the table in the Library... I pulled the last page and scribbled in a few more lines at the end...

This all seems so pointless now...


When we came through the Portal back to Equestria, we stepped carefully past two sleeping red-heads on that thick carpet, and onto the floor.

It was probably a few hours before sunrise, but Princess Twilight was sitting, facing the Portal, waiting for us. We guessed she couldn't sleep.

We walked quickly over, and bowed to her, and she seemed unhappy with this. Princess pulled us up right away, and hugged us quickly and tightly.

The three of us hugged quietly, just like that, for quite a while. Nothing really needed to be said...

Then she asked us about our brief time in the Equestria Girls world.

Summer told Princess what her amazing Twin had us all say, and this made Princess cry.

We also told her what the Principal sisters told us about Cel and Lu.

Princess Twilight was lost in thought a minute after this, then she said calmly "I agree with Lu. I just have no idea what we will be facing. All we can do is wait for it."

Princess was clearly thinking some more, here. Then she added "I hope heading back to get Shyna can wait until after whatever we need to face. I think we will all need to face it together..."

Princess had been up all night. We hugged her again, then she headed off to bed.

Summer and I walked home, and were quickly comfortable on our nice rug. I tucked her up under my chest and legs like I usually... We sighed tog... and were soon asleep.


We only slept a few hours, and so were up and out in the meadow eating by mid-morning. Still, it was pretty cool. Summer mentioned to me that we should stop by and ask Rarity about some coats.

I said quietly that half the town had probably already asked her about that.

Still, we stopped by the Boutique, and hugged both Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Rare really was making coats, and already had a huge pile done. We laughed, and asked her to add us to the list.

Then we headed home.

I wanted to get the record of our latest trip to the Past done, so she and I jumped into this.

We spent maybe six hours, both putting together the remaining few chapters (which were recent material), and also doing a complete proof-read of all fourteen chapters.

Summer wrote this paragraph. I'm not changing it...

Sitting next to my Stallion when we are both people, that is just so amazing to me. And our sweatshirts helped us stay warm, even if we did still have our jogging shorts on. I think my Stallion and I both felt, without saying anything, that we preferred... Well, I just like the way he looks in his jogging clothes, and I think he feels the same way.

Anyway, it was late in the afternoon when we finished, and we hadn't seen Summer's sister at all. I was concerned about her, so we changed back into ponies, and walked over to her Cottage.

Fluttershy met us at the door, and we were soon inside, the three of us hugging tightly together, saying nothing. I think she felt the 'looming cloud' too. We all hugged together, right there, for a while.

Fluttershy made us a nice dinner, and we enjoyed being together. We didn't talk a lot, but just spent time together.

After the Sun went down, I asked quietly "Fluttershy why don't you spend the night with us tonight at our house. Will that work?"

Fluttershy started crying, nodded yes, but said nothing.

Weeping softly, the three of us headed across Ponyville towards the Canterlot Recorder's house.

It was pretty dark, but Pinkie Pie soon joined us. She wasn't crying, but she was quiet, and that was different for her.

But Rarity WAS crying softly when she joined us, maybe a minute later.

At that point, we changed our destination, and decided to head for the Castle.

I said softly that amazing friends needed each other tonight. I knew 'something' was up, and told Summer I wasn't surprised.

I guess I was also right. Rainbow Dash and Applejack arrived at the Castle with the rest of us, and the seven of us were soon sitting, hugging in a tight circle there in the Library. Princess Twilight, Filia and Fiona soon joined us.

Whatever the looming 'it' was, I guess we all felt it...

For a long time, little was said. We all just hugged tightly, and wept softly.

We needed each other. We needed this.


Probably at midnight, the Portal Beacon blinked on.

The ten of us had paid no attention to where we sat, as we gathered and hugged there in the Library...

But we were right in the center of the ten foot circle that the Portal Beacon 'orbs' occupied... It was eery as their Orange glow sprang to life around us...

I quickly said, as calmly as I could, "Girls don't be afraid. It's just the Portal Beacon. Princess Celestia in the Past is calling us."

Well, we all heard her voice... "Shila, I need you..."

Still, I said quietly, really to myself "I think this is bad timing... very bad timing..."

PreviousChapters Next