• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.46, Helping Our Princess

Well, after such an epic party (Pinkie Pie put it on, so of course it was epic), and everypony spending the night at the Castle, you would think we would sleep in. It didn't work out that way though.

Princess Twilight got us up pretty early, and we had left-overs from the party for breakfast. They were still amazing.

We all thanked Pinkie Pie again for an amazing evening, and we hugged together, then we went our ways.

On the way out the door, we asked Fluttershy if she wanted to come help with some Canterlot Recorder stuff. She and Shyna were soon on their way to our (cold) home. This was good, because Fluttershy was pretty involved in the next few days; well, the next few days we covered of our time in the Past. And we did wish the Canterlot Recorder's home had a fire place...

The next few days we needed to cover in the Past included a lot of amazing events. I didn't remember (well, then), but that didn't seem to stop me...

And, I really cried a lot as my Stallion wrote. Well, Fluttershy and I cried a lot together.

I clearly remember feeling my sister and her pain, and finding her, even not remembering, this just made us both cry more...

Overall, Fluttershy's input was very helpful for this and other things, since she was there, in the Past with us.

Some of the events underscored Cel's yearning for her mom (me), and having to deal with me not remembering... That was just hard for her...

Well, the part where Cel gave Fluttershy the most amazing hairpin... My sister still had it on... That was just amazing. And the fact that it matched her Cutie Mark...

And a couple times during these few days I got to hear about some of the amazing things I was told I had done before I couldn't remember.

My Stallion, Fluttershy and I spent one afternoon talking about what started out as my trip to the Equestria Girls world, but ended up with the Equestria Girls and I rescuing Princess Twilight and her girls, then Equestria. I was just amazed, and scared at all that. Well, maybe I was horrified at times, too.

That same afternoon, Fluttershy talked about she and I growing up together. I was again amazed, but didn't remember anything, and that was very hard for my sister... We cried together...

And one evening, Cel (Princess Celestia) was with the three of us, and she talked a while about me being her mom for over two years... Again, I didn't remember, and so this was just very hard for everypony.

My Stallion and I also spent the night in jail once more, and Cel felt very bad about this...

There was a lot to cover, so we decided to break it into two chapters. One of the chapters showed so clearly that I was often feeling my way back into important relationships, even though I didn't remember them.

But even through all this, it was clear we were no closer to me remembering. And the last thing my Stallion mentioned was him realizing that he was basically out of ideas about what to try anyway.


Well it was near noon, and a nice day. The four of us decided to head to the meadow for a snack, then we would fly together some with the warmth of the Sun on our backs.

We helped each other take coats off, then we headed to the meadow near our home.

The flying was amazing, and everypony else (well, Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash) joined us.

Still, we just didn't know how many more days we could do this. It was a lot of fun today though.

We landed at the Castle, and joined Filia, Fiona, Pinkie Pie and Rarity who were enjoying the warm Sun. We all hugged together briefly, then just talked for a while. Applejack was headed into town, and also joined us.

As everypony started to wander off, Spike came out with a letter from Princess Celestia. He gave it to Princess Twilight, and she read it, since it was to her. But it was basically a request that my Stallion, myself, Fluttershy and Shyna come to Canterlot tomorrow.

Fluttershy and Shyna said that would be fine, then headed off to their Cottage for some 'fluffy time' in the Sun on an afternoon that was not too cold yet.

...

My Stallion and I wandered back to our home; the Sun had warmed it up nicely inside. We were soon sitting back in front of the compy.

The next chapter was amazing, and covered first Cel coming in, crying, and saying that Dark Melvain was calling her. Cel was sure she would not come back... My Stallion, Fluttershy, and especially I cried pretty hard. Trying to comfort me, my Stallion's hand accidently slipped under one of my wings, and I quickly kicked him away...

But THAT is what brought my memory back...

This chapter wasn't extremely long, but typing it in was difficult... We worked hard to capture the utter hopelessness we all felt. And my Stallion got it right, I was furious with myself that I couldn't remember, but none of us knew what to do about that...

Still, a simple mistake turned our entire outlook from deep despair to joy and hope...

Rescuing Cel and confronting Dark Melvain (that time, there in the Past) would wait until the next chapter.


We had spent the better part of the last three days trying to get caught up on Canterlot Recorder stuff. We had made good progress, but my Stallion and I both agreed we needed to stop and take a break. My Stallion said we needed to be 'together and alone', and we both laughed at that.

It was late afternoon, and cooling off, so we changed back to being ponies, got our coats on, and then wandered into the meadow for dinner.

Honestly, just being together like that was amazing.

And we did end up on that little hill, laying on our bellies next to each other, as we watched the Sun drop below the trees. We just relaxed there, until it got pretty cold.

Still, my Stallion and I had our heads next to each other most of that time. We cried together, and also talked to true friend some together. We just enjoyed each other.

Soon after Shysage rescued me from monsters, I fell in love with him. Our love has grown amazingly since that time, I really love him a lot. And I'm sure he feels the same way.

But I think something happened during this last trip to the Past, where he rescued me (again!). He was convinced he lost me, and that shattered him. And I felt all that pain, and knew where it came from...

I think that before this we had taken things, maybe even each other for granted to a certain extent.

I think we both are beginning to really treasure each other now. And slowing down and just spending time together like this is just so amazing. I suspect we will be taking more breaks together like this.

Our afternoon was just amazing. We were together, and alone, but focusing on just enjoying being around each other.

And I know I am probably not doing a very good job explaining this...

...

Well, tonight was the first night we would spend together in our home during the Winter, and it wasn't even real Winter yet! Well, I had not spent the night in this house for almost three months... That made us both cry for a little while.

But Shysage and I talked some about how we would sleep. We really didn't want to sleep with our coats on. He likes me next to him, and with a coat... Well, I like him next to me too.

Still, it worked out fine. He had his coat on, then he laid on his belly on our new rug. He had me lay on my belly next to him, then he pulled his huge, old 'pony blanket' over both of us. Then he just rolled over onto his side, and the blanket didn't move as I just climbed up against his chest and neck like I usually do.

We were together and warm. What more could we ask for?

And, I don't know if this should stay in, but my Stallion did feel some urgency to 'make me feel like a Princess'... He took care of me a few times in the Past. But now, it was really too cold for a trip to the Lake, late at night, anyway.

But I told him honestly that just being next to him is amazing, and easily enough until we had the opportunity.

We talked, and hugged, and sighed together the rest of the evening. But I think we needed to sleep, because we both 'conked out' before the Sun was down.


I don't know how to explain it, but both my Stallion and I woke up together, maybe around mid-night. We were still toasty warm under our blankets; it wasn't because we were cold. And it wasn't because of 'desires' or anything like that.

Still, something wasn't quite right in Ponyville.

Without even talking, my Stallion and I were on the same page. We both got up, and he helped me get my coat on.

Then we went outside. We didn't have to go much further.

Princess Twilight was sitting in the broad path outside our home. She was wearing the amazing coat Rarity had made for her. She wasn't crying, not now, she was just sitting there, motionless.

I just said quietly "Princess, can we walk with you tonight?"

After a brief pause, Princess smiled and said "That would be very nice."

My Stallion and I walked on either side of her as we wandered around Ponyville. I think we were both trying to help our amazing Princess keep warm.

Still, my Stallion soon mentioned quietly "Princess, even though it is cold, please feel free to get us up when you walk like this."

And I also added "Princess, we really treasure our time together walking with you at night."

It was quiet for a minute, then Princess Twilight said softly "I know, thank you both. I am just glad I didn't have to wait very long tonight. That breeze is pretty cool."

For the first half hour we just talked together. Still, I think my Stallion and I both sensed that something was up, something was bothering our Princess. And again, I am not sure how to explain that.

Out of nowhere, my Stallion said quietly "Princess Twilight, we both love you a lot. How can we help you?"

It was quite for a few more minutes, then Princess Twilight answered, also quietly "You are both already helping me, and I really appreciate that.

It was quiet a few more minutes, then Princess Twilight began to weep softly. Still, she tried to explain.

"I have mentioned often to you girls just how much I need each and every one of you. You are all, individually, so precious to me. And, magically, the Elements of Harmony are crucial to what we do together.

"Still, sending Fluttershy away like that was just heart-breaking. I know everything worked out fine, and she and Princess Celestia became good friends helping each other through a terrible time.

"I just felt so much at a loss without her..."

It was quiet a few more minutes, then Princess continued.

"But that's not all...

"The magical amplification of the Group Link is amazing. But we can't always just stop everything while we get it set up. After five minutes of trying to keep Dark Melvain from killing us, I realized that, even if Fluttershy were with us, I couldn't just get up, move and use the elements...

"And the Red-head's magic, together, is very strong, and growing. They could have probably killed Dark Melvain within minutes; their magical ability was growing quickly just as they used it together against him. But we would have all died when he blew himself up..."

We were back in front of the Castle at this point, and Princess sat down facing it, but she was clearly looking far past it.

We just sat next to her.

Princess Twilight said quietly "No matter how many times I try and replay the last two years, and your sudden appearance among us... I need... we need... Equestria needs... the Phantom Alicorn..."

I honestly wasn't expecting this. Like I said, I would rather be the Canterlot Recorder's assistant, and Shysage's Mare, until Equestria needed me.

I just said quietly "Princess Twilight, my Stallion and I are completely devoted to helping you any way we can. You know that. I am delighted to be able to use my powers to help you, to help Equestria."

Princess Twilight started weeping softly, and said "I know..."

Then she burst into tears, moved to face me, and hugged me tightly. Then she said, well almost shouted "Summer, please don't ever die again..."

My Princess, my Stallion and I cried pretty hard together for a long time. Maybe we all felt that way...

My Stallion was able to move us into the Library since it was so cold outside.

We just kept crying.

Strangely, nopony woke up and joined us. I guessed our amazing Princess just needed this and us, I don't know.

We cried together for maybe two hours, I think.

Then our Princess calmed down, and we did too. She asked if we could sleep together with her on the thick rug in front of the Portal.

We had done that the first time the Beacon jumped to life. Still, I think my Stallion and I hoped it wouldn't blaze on again.

Still, we were happy to be able to help our Princess in so simple a way.

We were all soon asleep.



PreviousChapters Next