• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.60, Forgiveness

Another night spent with Shysage; it was amazing. And waking up in the morning next to each other, we just cried and hugged a while.

We were soon dressed, packed up and 'checked out'.

It was a pretty cold morning, and Shysage and I were both thankful for sweatshirts that matched our nice stylish clothes. Both Raritys had picked these clothes out for us, with the hope they would be durable as well as stylish. They definitely looked nice!

We both climbed into Shysage's nice big Blue car. We were soon heading back, well the Portal was today's destination. And I still don't understand why the 'heater' in the car didn't heat us up right away, but took a while before it was warm.

The drive to Shysage's cubical wasn't too long, and he carefully backed big Blue up into the car port. My wedding dress stayed in the trunk for now, but his Tux went on the bed so his Twin could return it. Shysage left the cell phone there too; we would be in Equestria tonight.

We were soon walking towards the Cake's for some breakfast. Well, where else would we eat! Breakfast was nice, well together. Shysage and I shared what he ordered. It was very good.

After we left the Cake's, Shysage said we were going for a walk. As long as we kept moving, we didn't get cold. We were soon in what he called a residential neighborhood. It was very quiet and peaceful.

After maybe ten minutes of walking, I easily saw our destination further down the road. We were headed back to the church where we were married yesterday. Shysage said today was Sunday, and we were going to drop in on one of the services, whatever that meant.

I didn't think anything of it, until we were inside, sitting down in that large room. Fluttershy and Shyna found us, and we were quickly crying together. I was absolutely thrilled that they sat next to us!

Well, not too much longer, a bunch of the bleacher girls joined us, and we just had an amazing time hugging and visiting together. I think that was Shysage's goal. He knows I so very much appreciate time with all these amazing girls!

Well, there was singing, and the pastor talked for a little while. Shysage said it was new years soon here in the Equestria Girls world. I think that might have been the reason, but the pastor talked about forgiveness. A lot I understood, but some I didn't. Still, starting the year by making sure you weren't holding any grudges, I could easily see the value in that.

After it was over, Fluttershy led us back into the same room we had the reception in yesterday. We just visited together. Fluttershy said they do this after church every Sunday. It was amazing.

We visited a long time with a bunch of the bleacher girls, hugging and crying some more. Our time with them was amazing. I lost track of Shysage for a little while, he was surrounded by some of the guys, and was talking with them. Well, we thanked the pastor again for marrying us too. What a way to start our new year together!

After everypony else finally left, Shysage and I walked Fluttershy and Shyna back to their apartment. I love Equestria Girls Fluttershy so much... She was the first people I met when I first came here. We became close friends immediately. She is my sister's Twin, and so is Shyna. I love them both and we walked slowly, and just enjoyed being together.

This day wasn't even near over, and it was already amazing!

After hugging with Fluttershy and Shyna for quite a while, Shysage and I walked across the street.


Shysage wasn't in a hurry, and we walked slowly around the far side of the bleachers, taking our time as we walked to the Portal wall.

As we walked across the front of the bleachers, we both noticed a lone girl sitting almost exactly in the middle of the bleachers, up at the top.

She wasn't crying loudly, but she didn't look happy, and may have been weeping quietly. It looked to me like she had been crying.

I... Those bleachers were a place where true friendship had played out many times over. I couldn't turn away from this, and I think Shysage felt the same. We have written that frue friendship had gotten us where we are, and we weren't about to stop now.

Well, it was cold, so Shysage and I just sat on either side of her.

"Hey... It's ok... How can we help you?" I asked, then reached out my hand for hers.

This girl took my hand and cried. I just hugged her. She wasn't crying loudly, but it really seemed she needed this.

Shysage just sat there as a wind-break, and tried not to shiver.

"You don't need to tell me what is going on, but please let me know if there is any way I can help" I said softly. I was in no hurry. We had all day as far as I was concerned. And I wanted to help if I could.

A few minutes later, she seemed to calm down.

"I think I just needed to cry with someone. I really appreciate you taking time to do that" she said quietly.

After a brief delay, she continued.

"My life has recently changed a lot, and I am really trying to do everything right now. It is just hard. Besides, I'm from Eq--, er someplace else, and this world just seems harder than where I am from. The last few days have been tough, I don't know."

She started crying again at this point, and we hugged a while more. Still, I think I was slowly realizing something.

"Can you tell me your name?" I asked.

"Sunset, Sunset Shimmer. I guess Shimmer is my last name, here anyway."

Shysage didn't look up, but I knew he was processing this.

Honestly, I didn't want to dig up a can of worms. She was a needy girl, and I wanted to help her. I think that talk on forgiveness earlier might have helped. It could not have been her.

"Sunset, we need to leave at some point, but how can I help you?"

Sunset sat up straight and sighed. "You have already been a big help. I know I will get through this."

Sunset stood up, and we hugged briefly.

Still, I took this opportunity. "Sunset, while School is in session, an amazing group of girls meet here, or in the gym since it is cold. I think you can meet some amazing friends there."

Sunset said "Thank you, and I think I know the group you are talking about." We hugged again, then she walked down to the grass, and headed off into town.

The Portal wasn't far, and Shysage and I didn't talk at all as we walked there. We were soon back in Equestria.


Once through the Portal, we laid on our bellies, as ponies, right next to each other, on that thick rug in front of the Portal.

It was quiet for a few minutes.

"Shysage, who was that..." I asked quietly.

It was quiet a few more minutes.

"I think the real question is who it was that you, Princess Twilight and her girls killed" he answered softly.

"I guess... I had never met Sunset Shimmer until today though, so I don't know" I said slowly.

It was quiet a few more minutes.

"I suppose it could have been Sunset's Equestria Girls Twin that took over Equestria. But if that is the case, then she really needed to be killed. I just feel sorry for Equestria pony Sunset Shimmer then. Losing a Twin, under any circumstances..." Shysage said this, but probably couldn't continue.

Shysage and I hugged for a little while. I think we were both just deep in thought.

When I came back here to rescue Equestria, the Equestria Girls and I, we did what we needed to do to liberate the kingdom, and that meant containing Discord and killing Sunset Shimmer.

But we found plenty of reason for doubting Discord's role, and now this... I just didn't know what to think any more.


Princess Twilight came out and found us at that point.

"How are the newly-weds doing?" she asked and smiled.

Of course, we were both up quickly and hugged our amazing Princess.

"Princess, were you going for a walk just now?" Shysage asked. It was maybe middle of the night in Equestria...

"Actually yes, care to join me?" Princess replied.

She helped us get our coats on, and we were soon walking around Ponyville in the cold. We found if we kept walking fairly quickly, we stayed warm enough. We simply adjusted our pace.

But at one point, I said quietly "Princess, we met Sunset Shimmer today..." I really couldn't go on.

Princess stopped us immediately, said "Oh, Summer..." and we quickly hugged and cried for a little while, until we were shivering anyway.

"Lets head back to the Castle, and we can talk some more" Princess suggested.

The three of us ran fairly quickly back to and into the warmth of the Castle. Princess helped us take our coats off, and we relaxed on that rug in front of the Portal on our bellies. Princess Twilight was facing Shysage and I, and she began to explain.

"I guess we knew it was just a matter of time until you met her...

"According to Principal Celestia, Sunset reappeared at Canterlot High School maybe a few months after you and I killed whoever it was that we killed in Canterlot that terrible night.

"Sunset has changed a lot since I first defeated her there, and has even helped me since then. We are good friends now.

"Summer, Equestria's leadership really has no clue who it was that you and I killed..."

"Could it have been her Equestria Girls Twin?" Shysage asked at this point.

"Well, maybe, but we don't think so" Princess said. "Our suspicion is that it was some evil being who impersonated Sunset Shimmer, maybe to confuse Discord, which seems easier to do than we realize." We noted the slight disdain in her voice. Princess continued.

"We just don't really know who it was, and we may never know. It certainly wasn't Equestria pony Sunset Shimmer though."

It was quiet for a minute, then almost apologetically, Princess Twilight continued.

"I feel bad Summer, we really should have told you a lot sooner. But based on what you both have been through, well what Equestria has been through too, there has just not been a decent time for anypony to tell you all this. But we knew it was just a matter of time before you met Sunset in the Equestria Girls world."

It was quiet briefly, then I said softly "Princess, she was having a bad day. I just hugged her and cried with her. I think she really needed that..."

"Oh, Summer, that is so like you. Still, she probably recognized you" Princess answered. Then Princess smiled and said "She was at your wedding yesterday."

I just had to cry for a little while. I am not sure why. The three of us ended up sitting on the rug, facing each other, hugging tightly as I cried. Fluttershy and Shyna came in, and we just made room for them, and we cried together.

We all had really been through a lot...



PreviousChapters Next