• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.32, Desperate (Shysage's Mare)

For the next hour or two, Summer and I said very little. We sat facing each other and just hugged. This felt really amazing for both of us, after what we had both been through.

Still, in the back of my mind, I was thinking through what other things I could tell Summer about, that would have the greatest chance of spurring her memory.

I decided I could not go on with Summer's first Chronicles. Explaining how two horrible 'people' in the 'Equestria Girls world' had viciously abused Summer... I think that was a 'bridge too far' for me, and I doubted it would help anyway.

The next volume talked about Summer's dream, and I didn't know... The volume after that was about our trip to the Past, but Cel had talked about our experiences there quite a bit... And since most of the rest of the chronicles included both Equestria and the Equestria Girls world...

There was a lot I could talk about, but I had no idea where to 'jump in' next... I decided that PonyRos' takeover ('Faded Memories') might be a good next step, when we had some more time to talk about this, anyway.

Thinking this through went very slowly. To be honest, I needed time hugging Summer as much as she needed to be hugging me.

We stopped once and rubbed noses a little while too, but hugging together felt so much nicer, for right now anyway...


Maybe an hour before noon, Cel (Princess Celestia) brought Fluttershy in...

Both were crying...

The four of us hugged, and it was a while before Cel could even talk...

And when she did, she cried a lot even between each sentence...

...

"Dad, I killed a crazed bat...

...

"Dark Melvain is calling for me...

...

"I have to meet him at his Bastion...

...

"And I don't think I will be back, either..."

...

Cel cried a while after this, and we were crying with her...

Still, Summer said, really pleaded, something about giving us some more time... Even with no memory, Summer was very concerned about this, about Cel too...

Cel said solemnly, while crying "Mom, if I don't go soon, Dark Melvain will send his Unicorns to start killing my ponies... I have no other choice... It's me or them..."

We cried a little longer, then Cel got up to leave.

...

"If I fail to return, there are papers on my bed spelling out the leadership in my absence...

...

"I doubt it will matter... Dark Melvain will probably quickly take over Equestria anyway...

...

"Mom, dad, if you see my sister, tell her I loved her so deeply until the end..."

...

Cel started crying again... We all hugged a few more minutes, then Cel left...

There was just nothing anypony could do...


After Cel left, Summer, Fluttershy and I cried together for a while.

Summer understood that this Dark Melvain would kill Cel if he had the chance, which seemed a foregone conclusion now...

Summer could stop that if she could 'remember'...

And Summer was angry with herself that she couldn't remember...

And Summer was deeply hurting for Cel...

I just didn't want my girl to die...

But I didn't know what to do to stop it...

And I didn't know any better than Summer how to 'fix' her memory...

...

While Fluttershy sat crying, Summer was soon laying on her side on the rug... Sobbing... She was drifting towards hysteria...

I couldn't blame her...

...

Nopony wanted this...
Cel and nopony else deserved this...
For this bully to just kill ponies...
To kill amazing leaders just to destroy the kingdom...
Because that's all wicked leaders ever do anyway...

...

I stopped thinking about that, it was true, but it wasn't helping...

My mare needed me...

She was the only pony I could help right now...

...

I changed into a 'people', and just began to gently rub Summer's back again.

My arms were still aching, but I did it anyway. Summer needed it...

And it did seem to stop her 'slide' into hysteria...

...

As sad as I was at the probable outcome for Cel, Summer and I needed to continue trying to 'fix' Summer's memory...

...I got frustrated immediately as I thought this. I had no idea what to do next... We were out of time...

I stopped thinking about that too...

So many dead ends...

...

I asked true friend for help...

Then I just sat there...
dazed...
as I rubbed Summer's back...

Well she was calming down anyway...

...

It was like time just stopped...

...

I was thinking about nothing, because thinking about anything hurt so much...

...

My arms hurt too, but my Mare needed this...

...

I kept rubbing Summer's back with my hands...

...

My hand slipped under Summer's wing...

...

Summer rolled, immediately and quickly, over towards me, and with her hind legs, she kicked me six feet across the room into the wall...

Fluttershy shrieked...

"STOP THAT!!!" Summer yelled...

There was fierce anger in her eyes...

"I'M SHYSAGE'S MA--"

...

I couldn't even breath...

...

Summer's eyes suddenly grew very large, and her mouth opened wide...

...

...

...

The universe had righted itself...

Summer remembered...

Everything...


Summer changed into a people, and was quicky by my side.

There were tears in her eyes, but she wasn't crying loudly.

She just held me close until I could breath again.

Then she quietly asked me if anything was 'broken'.

I had tears in my eyes too, but I looked into her eyes and just replied softly "Not any more..."

Then we kissed briefly.

We both got up, and she walked back over to the center of the carpet, turned back into a Blue pony, and laid back down on her side where she was before.

She didn't need to tell me what to do.

Still a people, I sat on the floor behind her, put my hand back under her wing, and just rubbed her coat there for a little while. She was my Mare and I was the only one who could touch her here...

...

Both of us only then realized that Fluttershy was sobbing, almost hysterically...

Still Blue, Summer got up and hugged her hurting sister... I turned back into a pony and joined them... We hugged and cried together for a while longer.

...

Nopony could even talk...

Summer was alive...

Summer remembered...

This... changed... everything...


And, this...

I should have known...

Both Pinkie Pies were right, after all...

'Pinkie Sense' still is amazing...



PreviousChapters Next