• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.43, Needing Each Other

I am trying hard not to cry a lot, but I finally get to do this again. I really missed...

This morning, while my Stallion started thinking about some sort of an outline for our, well, his latest trip to the Past, he suggested that I sit down in front of the compy and try to get some words down about recent stuff.

I just cried for a while, and he quickly was sitting next to me crying too. I don't think he ever expected we would do this together again, and I felt that...

Well, it feels amazingly good to 'be back'. And with Dark Melvain dead now, maybe we can all just relax a while.


We hated to see our amazing Twins head back to the Equestria Girls world, but we knew they had to go. At least the Portal was back in action, and they could even come to begin with! Well, they did help us destroy Dark Melvain too... Still, sending them away is always hard.

After they left, we all decided to spend the night in the Library in Princess Twilight's Castle. And this included Cel and Lu, well Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

I agree with what my Stallion mentioned. We all bowed when Cel and Lu came in earlier that evening, but I don't think they were comfortable with that. Both Princesses are the rulers of Equestria, but I think this group is rapidly becoming a very special part of their lives. It is like we are all one big family now. I don't know...

But I don't mind; I, well we love them all.

...

When we got up the next morning, Princess Twilight had a nice breakfast ready for all of us. We ate together, and it was very nice.

Cel and Lu had to leave, and so everypony hugged both Princesses before they headed out the door. Everypony followed them out, of course.

Fluttershy, my Stallion and I took a few minutes, and hugged and cried with Cel and Lu.

And the three of us cried together briefly after they left. We always cry after they leave...

It was only then that we noticed the pretty substantial guard presence. I am guessing that Cel and Lu were actually planning on spending the night in the Castle anyway. It didn't matter, they are always welcome.

By mid-morning, it was just Princess Twilight, her girls, my Stallion and I, Shyna and Filia and Fiona.

We spent some time hugging tightly in a circle, and wept softly.

We said what we usually say, trying not to cry. Well maybe I was trying not to cry. I was so glad I could even do this. Well, maybe we all were.

Princess Twilight sent us off to our days by saying "Well, girls, try to get back to your 'normal' lives. You all know where to find me if you need me."

'Normal'? What is that?


My Stallion and I walked Fluttershy and Shyna to Fluttershy's Cottage. Fluttershy and I were talking together right away, and my Stallion just walked behind us three girls. I knew he was trying not to cry. Well, he wasn't doing a very good job, and I knew why.

The four of us hugged and cried some, then my Stallion and I headed 'home'.

Well, on the way, we stopped by the Castle to get our coats. We ended up wearing them home, since that was easier for Pegasi than trying to carry them.

Princess Twilight and Filia were in the Library together, and Princess used her magic to help us get our coats out of the pile, and on.

...

After this was done, my Stallion stopped briefly, then changed to a people, and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

Then he said "Princess, I think I need your help--"

He got this far, then Princess Twilight remembered what it was, and broke down and cried. Filia ran over and quickly joined us, and we all just cried with Princess there for a while. Well, maybe quite a while. We decided later that our amazing Princess probably needed this too. We didn't mind.

And I agree with my Stallion that tears would probably not be far from the surface for weeks, for most of us.

After Princess Twilight calmed down, my Stallion turned into a people and tried again.

"Princess Twilight, I think I will need your help with this chapter, if you don't mind."

Princess Twilight took the paper with her magic, and my Stallion turned back into a pony again.

Still trying not to cry, Princess said quietly "Well, this and another chapter; I made some mental notes a little while before the Shynas and the Red-heads came out; we should add that too."

Princess was fighting back tears, and said quietly, looking off into the distance, and not to anyone in particular "I honestly didn't think I would even live through that day... It was terrible..."

Well, we all cried together there for a while longer. I think we all needed that!

...

Well, it was almost noon when we finally headed to the Canterlot Recorder's house. It was cold inside, but we just left our coats on and left the door open a while. Our coats didn't stay on long though.

I... I played a trick on my Stallion. I usually don't, but...

After he thought I died, he turned the new rug in 'our room' over, and I am sure it was because it has my colors and my Cutie Mark on it, and he couldn't handle that reminder.

The other side of that rug is dark Blue.

He had no way of knowing this then, but the other side of that rug is exactly the same color as my Blue coat, mane and tail. That is uncanny; I have no idea how that happened.

Still, as soon as I noticed that, I waited for my Stallion to be busy doing something else. I think he was starting up the compy and checking his 'scope' thing.

I walked quietly into our room, changed into a people, then back into a Blue pony, then I just laid down on my belly in the center of that rug.

Then I called him.

My Stallion walked in, looked briefly, then walked back out, and walked to the front door of our house, then he called out "Summer?"

From in our room, I called him again.

He walked back in again, looked around a little, then turned to walk out.

I really felt bad... I didn't have the heart to keep doing that...

"Stallion, I am in our room, laying on our new rug..." I said quietly.

Right where he was, he sat down, and started to cry... He quickly realized what happened and why...

I felt bad, and was quickly hugging him, and we cried together for a few minutes.

He said what I did wasn't a problem... It was just that having to turn that rug over was a very painful thing for him to have to do...

This is why I avoid playing tricks on anypony, you just never know...

We cried together a while after that.

After he calmed down, he walked over to the Compy, turned into a people, and started to do something. I think he was looking over what he had already done, I don't know...

Well, I turned into a people, and turned the rug back over, as quietly as I could, so my Tan and Gold colors and my Cutie Mark were showing again. Then I turned back into a Tan pony, and laid back down on my belly, in the center of that rug. Then I called him again.

He came right away. He didn't have to look for me either.

Still, this was evidently a very meaningful thing for him, and he burst into tears, changed back into a pony, and we hugged and cried together in the middle of that beautiful rug for quite a while. I think my Stallion needed to cry with me some more. Maybe we both needed that.

...

I think Shysege's hope was to 'jump back in' to our Canterlot Recorder stuff... ...and work on what was probably the most gut-wrenching few weeks of our lives.

We just couldn't... It was too early... We both realized that...

We got up, and both turned into people. He turned the Compy off, and I got my White Sweatshirt back on, and pulled my jeans on over my jogging shorts.

Then we both changed back into ponies, and hugged tightly in 'our room' for a while. Well, my Stallion wanted me Blue. I am sure he loves me deeply no matter what color or form...

A while later, we got our coats on, and wandered out into the meadow to the East, and had some dinner together.

We ended up on that little hill, and talked to true friend some, but mostly we just cried together.

We spent the rest of the afternoon there together, hugging, crying... That's what we needed to do.


Fluttershy and Shyna found us there as it was starting to cool down. Both were weeping softly.

I knew exactly what they wanted. Well, Fluttershy is my sister, and I just knew.

"Fluttershy, we would be delighted to spend the night at your Cottage with you both" I said softly.

Fluttershy couldn't talk, and just hugged me tightly.

Still, we decided to go to the Castle to get Fluttershy and Shyna's beautiful new coats.

We found Princess Twilight, Filia, Fiona and Rarity in a circle in the Library, hugging tightly, weeping softly.

We just joined them. Within an hour maybe, Rainbow, Applejack and Pinkie Pie joined us as well.

...

My amazing Stallion suggested we all spend the night together again, and he was right. I don't think we could have done anything else. We still needed this. We still needed each other.

I found out from my Twin later, that the Equestria Girls did the same thing. Well, they all spent the next few nights together in the small apartment, out behind the Principal sister's home, and the Principal Sisters joined them.

This whole thing was just hard... It was over, but it was hard...

We ALL needed each other, we ALL needed together, and we ALL needed time.


The next morning, I think we all felt a lot better.

Most of us were up at around the same time, and we were soon hugging and weeping softly together.

Princess Twilight fed us too, and being able to eat without wandering around in the cold was very nice.

Then we all got our amazing new coats back on, and group-hugged Rarity and Fiona. These coats are amazing...

Still, Princess mentioned we could spend the night in the Castle again if we felt like it would help. Then she sent us off to start our days.

...

It was still early in the day, maybe mid-morning.

It was cold in our home. So we kept our coats on, left the door open, and then laid on our bellies next to each other, and just talked some. We basically just spent some time 'together and alone'. (Adding this made my Stallion laugh. THAT was worth it!)

He mentioned that he might spend some time on Canterlot Recorder stuff today, but just enough to see what he had actually gotten done. He also mentioned that the chapters about our (his) most recent trip to the Past would be very difficult to write, and that he wanted me close for that. And having Fluttershy involved would also probably really help.

Well, any time I can spend with my sister...

...

After that we just spent time together. We rubbed noses a while, but mostly just spent time as close to each other as possible. We did cry some, and that was fine. We could cry together. It was ok.

I really love my Stallion.

Still, I think that, maybe around noon, I just sensed that my sister needed me.

Well, I think also that my Stallion knew too.

Without saying anything, we just got up together, and headed off to Fluttershy's Cottage.

We walked in to find Fluttershy sitting in front of her fireplace weeping softly.

Shyna had a pretty apologetic look on her face.

Fluttershy sensed my presence, and ran quickly over, and we were soon hugging tightly, weeping softly.

"Summer, I think I will do some light Canterlot Recorder stuff, then I will come back later this afternoon" my Stallion said quietly. Then he walked off, back towards our house.

I spent that afternoon on my belly next to Fluttershy, hugging her tightly, as we cried together softly. Evidently that was what my sister needed. It wasn't a problem. Shyna was sitting on her other side, hugging her too.

I love my sister... Well, I love both of them!

My Stallion returned later that afternoon, weeping softly. He mentioned that, before he left, he had most everything written down until he and Fluttershy headed back to the Past this last time, after seeing a broken Portal Beacon.

But, just reading through as little as he did...

We all actually got up and the four of us sat in a circle, and hugged and cried together for a while, then everypony calmed down.

...

Still, we all had our coats on, and so walked slowly to Princess' Castle. Pinkie, Rarity and Fiona joined us on the way, and Rainbow, Applejack and Filia were already in the Library when we got there.

Princess fed us again, and we all really appreciated that.

And we all spent the night together in the Library again.

My Stallion was next to me, and my Sister was on the other side, but it really didn't matter who was where.

We just needed to be together again.



PreviousChapters Next