• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.55, Peace, Finally

Well, after we all calmed down again, Princess Twilight reminded everypony that tonight after midnight, all the Twins would be coming to Equestria for a day or two. Evidently school would be out for two weeks, and everypony was coming 'home' for a few days.

It didn't make too much difference why, Twin time is always amazing.

This just meant that everypony had to come back to the Castle at dinner time, and that we would spend the night together until our Twins came.

Cel and Lu needed to head back to Canterlot, and we hugged and cried a little more together before they left. Well, 'we' meant Shysage, myself, Fluttershy and Shyna.

And I tried to hug everypony else as the girls all headed off to see what they could do today.

Soon enough, it was just Shysage and I left in the Library.

It was quiet for a little while. I think we were just enjoying some time alone and together. I think I treasure that more now.

As I talked with Shysage, we agreed he really needed to eat and drink, at some point today. He said it hurt quite a bit to walk, but that he needed to walk to get some of that worked out. It would just be painful.

A little while later, Shysage slowly got up. He groaned a lot, but was soon standing. Walking was painful for him too, at first anyway. I was concerned how he would do on the stairs in front of the Castle, but he went slow, and didn't fall.

We walked very slowly to our home and were soon inside, and I helped him get his coat on. Then we headed out the door, to the meadow. It looked like it was early afternoon. It wasn't a warm day, but it wasn't cloudy either, and Shysage and I were soon eating in the meadow to the East.

I stayed right next to him, well, every minute. I understand why the Portal had taken him to the Past, but still. The last 24 hours were just terrifying. I wanted him close. And I was pretty sure he felt the same.

Shysage ate well and got a drink at the lake. He sat down for a few minutes at the edge of the lake, looking across, then he just sighed. I sat down right next to him and hugged him. I knew what he was thinking.

I said quietly "You are my Stallion. I will wait until you are ready."

Shysage sighed again, then said quietly "I love you, Summer."

Once he got up, we walked slowly over to that little hill, and laid on our bellies next to each other. I was suprised he had walked as far as he had, but he said he needed to rest.

The Sun was shining warmly on our coats and our heads. It was very comfortable. Neither of us wanted to move any time soon. We just talked quietly together, and I wept softly on and off.

After a little while, Shysage mentioned he didn't sleep much last night, but he was very tired now. He asked if he could take a nap, but said he would only do this if I stayed right next to him...

...I started crying, and told Shysage that it would probably be a while before I went very far away from him for any reason.

Shysage turned his neck over towards me, said 'ouch', but then we were quickly rubbing noses. This was the first time since... I just cried...

Shysage was soon napping comfortably next to me. I didn't even want to move.

My two sisters (I love that) came by a little while after Shysage fell asleep. The three of us hugged tightly and cried softly a few minutes, then I was back on my belly next to Shysage. Fluttershy laid on her belly next to me, with Shyna next to Fluttershy. We talked quietly the rest of the afternoon. I love my family...


Later that afternoon, as the Sun headed towards the trees, a few things happened.

First, we all started getting cold, even though we all had our amazingly beautiful 'Rare' coats on. Shysage woke up as an unusually cool breeze blew past us.

Shysage put his head down between my front legs as he worked on waking up. We knew we would need to head to the Castle soon.

Princess Twilight landed near us a few minutes later. She did come to let us know we should head to the Castle for dinner. She was also relieved to hear that Shysage was doing better. Well, we all were, I think.

The five of us were soon trekking towards the Castle. Shysage still couldn't walk very fast, but he said it hurt less to walk.

I didn't care, I walked slowly, right next to him, and was careful to stay there the whole trip. I was his Mare, and I was not leaving his side right now.

Even though I said they could go on ahead, everypony else didn't mind either, and we all just walked slowly to the Castle, talking. It was very nice.

And Shysage made it up the stairs fine, even if he did say 'ow' once or twice. I was glad to get him back inside the Castle though, because it was warm.

Soon, everypony else began arriving for dinner. Filia and Fiona ended up near the entrance to the Library, and they helped everypony take their coats off as they came in. There was a growing pile of coats on one of the tables in the Library. Well another table nearby already had a huge pile of the Twin's coats.

I hugged Rare again when she came with Fiona, and thanked her for these nice coats. I wasn't the only one; it had been a pretty cold few days. And the coats she made for us were warm and really did look amazing.

Shysage and I were resting together on the thick rug in front of the Portal. My sisters just joined us, and we kept talking. Well, as more ponies came, I guess everypony was soon relaxing on that rug as we all chatted together. I had to work hard not to cry; just all of us being together like this felt amazing.

Princess Twilight called us all for dinner.

Shysage got up ok, but did say 'ow' a few times. He sighed and said I might need to get used to that for a while. I smiled and said he was worth it. He just sighed again.

Shysage took it slow, and we were the last ones to the dinner table, but everypony just waited patiently for us.

I tried to not cry as I thanked everypony for their help with Shysage last night. The not crying part didn't work very good.

I thought I would be ok, until Shysage asked to say a few words too.

He didn't talk a long time, but just mentioned that he and I had been through so much lately, and that he was thankful beyond words for our amazing Princess and the other deeply committed friends around this table (and all our Twins)... Shysage said he was pretty sure things would have worked out vastly different without each and every one around us even now.

I think Shysage had also planned on not crying, but it didn't work for him either.

He and I cried together, and I think everypony else cried with us for a little while.

Dinner was nice, a lot nicer than the last time we ate together here. Hmm, maybe that was only 24 hours ago... I worked on not crying again. There were a lot more smiles this time, and that was a good thing.

Dinner tasted very good too. And Shysage ate quite a bit. He said his body was trying to put itself back together, and so he expected this. The food he was eating was very good for him though.

Maybe an hour later, we were all on our bellies on the floor in the Library talking.

Princess had us all 'circle up' so we could face each other, and we just all talked together for an hour or two. It was very nice.

But we didnt last much longer, and we were soon all asleep.


I think the plan was to wake up and greet our amazing Twins as they came through from the Equestria Girl world, but it didn't work out that way at all...

Shysage whispered in my ear that he loved me a lot, and I woke up. It seemed pretty early to me, but Shysage just said quietly to look around.

We had fallen asleep in a big circle, and our Twins had just joined us quietly in that circle as they came through the Portal earlier this morning... Everypony and their Twin were sleeping soundly together, right next to each other...

I slowly looked around the circle at Twins sleeping next to Twins, and just sighed... I was really fighting back tears. I remembered something similar that terrible night on the train ride to Canterlot(1), seemingly so long ago... Still, the devotion in this circle, and with Twins woven in too... I think this might be as close to heaven...

But as I looked slowly around the circle, most of the way to my right, I saw my Twin laying right next to me... Awake... Smiling at me... I burst into tears... I couldn't help it... My amazing Twin and I were quickly hugging, crying together.

I felt bad, we woke everypony else up too. But as ponies woke up, they did the same thing; Twins were quickly hugging and crying with Twins as everypony woke up. And this included Princess Twilight and Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle.

We all love our Twins. Well, it is impossible to not love your Twin. I guess this makes more sense if you have one.

Well, my Twin apologetically mentioned to me that her Stallion was still trying to get caught up after taking care of his Mare for over two weeks. Well, I heard what she said.

But, I don't know. Maybe it was because we are Twins, or maybe I was sensing in her the same feelings I carried. Maybe it was both. Like I said, I heard my Twin telling us why her Stallion wasn't here. But what I saw and felt was that my Twin and her Stallion were so hopelessly in love... so deeply and fully committed to each other... Just like Shysage and I... We just kept crying.

...

We were all together, and with our amazing Twins.

It was painfully close a number of times, but nopony had died.

It took 'all hands', but that looming cloud, Dark Melvain himself, no less, had been defeated and destroyed. There were no other looming clouds or any other threats (that we knew of, anyway).

This was peace.

We all cried together for a while.



Author's Note:

1. The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Chapter 27

PreviousChapters Next