• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 534 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 534

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.42, Twins Unwinding

I think everypony did sleep well. And it was nice and warm in the Audience Hall, too.

Still, a 'Princess Day' had to start, so we all got up a little on the early side, and Cel again had her staff put together a nice breakfast for us all.

Evidently, the storm that blew through most of last night, left milder weather in its wake. It was just cool outide this morning.

All the Twins took turns hugging Cel and Lu (well Princess Celestia and Princess Luna). Fluttershy, Summer and I were last, and had a nice family hug for a few minutes.

All eleven sets of Twins were soon sitting together in the middle of the Commons lawn, enjoying the warmth of the morning Sun.

Well, since it wasn't cold, both Rainbows wanted to have the Pegasi of the group just fly to Ponyville. This would mean fewer trips for Air Coaches after all. This idea was rapidly adopted after Princess Twilight gave it the go-ahead.

Princess Twilight stayed with her Twin, but the rest of the flyers in the group quickly headed to Ponyville.

It took four Air Coaches to get the Twilights, Filias, Fionas, Raritys, Applejacks and Pinkie Pies back to Ponyville, but only one trip was required. And everypony arrived at Ponyville at around the same time.

Especially after the last month, being in the air together like this was so nice...

And we didn't need to worry about anypony having issues with so short a trip; it was only about an hour in the air. Summer's sister Fluttershy had proved her flying ability with us, in the Past. And of course, the Rainbow and Shyna Twins could probably have flown all day.

Well, surprising nopony, the Rainbows and the Shynas set a faster pace, and were soon out of sight. My Twin and I, Summer and her Twin and their sisters; we just took a slower pace and enjoyed the trip. It really was very nice, even though some of us may have wept softly at times.

The Rainbows and Shynas arrived first, followed by the four Air Coaches. I am not sure how the Air Coaches got past us either. We arrived last. Still, within the space of maybe twenty minutes, all 22 of us were back at Ponyville, sitting in the grass outside the Castle.

And it was a nice day, not cold at all. It looked like mid-morning.


Once we were together, Princess Twilight spoke to all of us briefly. She had trouble talking at first. We all knew why, and wept softly with her. The weeks since we had all been together last had been terrible. I think it took us maybe a few minutes, then we all calmed down, thankful that we could all be back together again.

Anyway, the rest of the day would be a Twins day. Then everypony needed to come back to the Castle for dinner. The Equestria Girls would then head back at around midnight.

Princess Twilight smiled and mentioned that the Pinkie Pie Twins faced a pretty tall order fixing the frowns around Ponyville. We all knew this was true. But we were all sure there would be no shortage of smiles by the end of the day.

Before everypony moved, Summer's Twin asked if she could speak briefly. Still trying not to cry, she thanked everypony for their love and concern during her 'two week nightmare', she called it. We all cried softly togather a few minutes. It was a nightmare for all of us.

Summer's Twin mentioned that she and her Stallion would be leaving soon, and they wanted to make sure and hug everypony before they left. My Twin had mentioned that they had left a lot undone the last two weeks or so, and they needed to get back and take care of as much as they could.

For the next maybe half an hour, both our Twins hugged everypony, then cried on Princess Twilight's shoulders briefly, then they headed back through the Portal to the Equestria Girls world.

Summer mentioned quietly that her Twin was almost a completely different person, back to her 'normal' self now. We both cried together briefly. This had been agony for both our Twins...

The sea of Twins then drifted off, and did what Twins do together.

Fluttershys and Shynas headed to the Cottage. I think for the first time, the Shynas and Fluttershys could enjoy some fluffies and some real 'peace and quiet'.

Well, the Fluttershys and Shynas spent quite a while Group Linked, just the four of them. Not everypony could expand the Twin Link like this. I knew the Summers could and I guess the Fluttershys could too.

Both Applejacks walked to the farm together, and wandered the fields most of the day.

The Rainbows flew most of the day, since they could. Winter is just hard on active Pegasi.

Both Pinkies headed off to the Cakes' to cheer up Ponyville.

The Twilight, Filia, Fiona and Rarity Twins spent some time together in the Library 'carefully' exploring the four Red-head's magic skills together. Then the Raritys and Fionas went to the Boutique and worked on fashion projects.


Summer and my Twins were in the Equestria Girls world. I was not real sure what my Mare would want to do. Oh, did I mention I was still amazed that I had her back? I figured whatever we did, we would probably cry a lot.

Still, I guessed that my Mare and I, our first stop would be our neighbor Dawns, and I was right. We didn't even go inside the Canterlot Recorder's house at all.

Seeing Summer again, Dawn and Camille were quickly sobbing, and we all cried together for almost an hour. Everypony seemed to calm down at that point, and Dawn said we could visit some more soon, but she had to go visit a customer.

Summer and I hugged them both. Camille was pretty much full grown, almost as big as Dawn. She reminded me a lot of the Shyna Twins. Foals grow up so quickly...

As Dawn and Camille walked off together, I wondered where my Mare would want to go.

We were in the air, and quickly off to Sweet Apple Acres.

We found both Applejacks out in the pasture, and the four of us hugged and cried for maybe fifteen minutes. Little was said, we just cried softly together. Then we hugged again and left so they could enjoy their Twin day.

On the way back, the Rainbows found us, and we landed quickly, and again, just spent some time hugging and weeping softly, together.

Next we stopped at the Castle, and did the same thing. Just the Filia and Twilight Twins were there, and the six of us hugged and cried together softly for a little while.

Summer led us to the Boutique next, and the Fionas and Raritys took a break, and we hugged together and cried some too.

The real crying didn't start until Equestria pony Rarity pulled a nice coat off of a shelf, and gave it to Summer. It was just like the one Rare had made for me, but it was just Summer's size, and was... beautiful... (Summer put it on immediately.) We all cried together a bunch more after that.

Well, it was cooling down, so Summer walked us back to our home, and we went inside long enough to get my coat on. Summer had no intention of taking hers off.

Crying together with the Pinkie Pie Twins wouldn't make sense just yet.

We walked quickly over to Fluttershy's Cottage, and spent some time crying with the Fluttershys and Shynas.

Then we wandered off together, hoping to let them enjoy their Twins while they could.


We ended up at 'Summer's tree', which is near Princess' Castle.

Summer and I just laid on our bellies next to each other for a while. Our heads were up against each other's, and that was all that we needed right now. We were soon weeping softly. We said little, and little needed to be said.

Well, I remember hearing Summer's Twin say to my Twin (though the Twin Link) the day after I led Summer's Twin to my Twin...

Equestria Girls Summer said "Just being here with you... This is like heaven for me..."

That is exactly how I felt right then, and I think my Mare felt the same way... After everything...

Fluttershys and Shynas soon came over an joined us. We could only stay outside briefly; it was cooling off rapidly, since the Sun was down beyond the tree-line. Summer and I had coats on, but nopony else did.

All twenty of us were soon inside the Castle, sitting in the Library visiting.

Well, the Raritys and Fionas came in last, carrying two big packages with their magic.

Both Rares are such gems...

Everypony else in the room quickly got a new coat.

And everypony's new coat was the color of their pony coat, and included an exact copy of their Cutie Marks.

Every coat was stunning...

Crying softly, Equestria pony Rarity mentioned that this is how she coped with the last few weeks. Summer's was the only one she hadn't done, but she completed it today.

We all stopped and wept softly a few minutes.

Still, I knew... My Mare and I; our coats would probably need Summer's Cutie Mark removed. That could happen later though.

Princess Twilight had us all circle up, and we hugged an cried together a little while.

I think Summer treasured times like this, and she was quickly sobbing. I guess we all did for a little while.

Princess gently reminded us that the past could stay there though, and we all worked on calming down. I think we were all relieved that this whole thing was over...


Before dark, we were surprised by unexpected visitors; the Celestia and Luna Twins.

We ALL bowed to them though, but Equestria's leaders didn't leave us bowing long. I could tell Cel and Lu were having problems with this, but didn't quite know how to address it.

The rest of us bowed because we all loved them.

Dinner was good, and just being together again was amazing.

And Princess' Castle was warm, and so our coats didn't stay on long.

I think it became clear to Princess Twilight though that she needed a storage room for everyponies' coats before we went through the Portal. For now, they just ended up on two of the tables in the Library. This was a minor detail though.

We talked, hugged and cried the evening away; time was going way too fast...

Well, at one point, I asked Summer to join me briefly.

We walked over to the Pinkie Pie Twins, who were happily talking together.

I honestly explained my 'crisis of trust' in Pinkie Sense, and apologized, then the four of us cried together briefly.

Then one of the Pinkies gently pushed me back, then said "C'mon Shysege, I just wanna see you SMILE!!!"

We all did after that!

Near midnight, the Equestria Girls began heading through the Portal, after last minute hugs and some more crying.

Soon, our amazing Equestria Girls friends were all gone...

We group hugged together for a little while, and wept softly together.

Momentarily forgetting about the presence of Cel and Lu (Princess Celestia and Princess Luna), Princess Twilight asked if we should all stay in the Castle Library tonight, and that was unanimously accepted. Cel and Lu quietly asked if they could join us, and that was unanimously accepted too, of course.

Our family slept together there, on our bellies, on the floor. Our Princess and the rest of our amazing friends just spread out around us.

It didn't matter who was next to who, we were together.

That was all that mattered.



PreviousChapters Next