• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.24, Princess Twilight: Dark Melvain in Canterlot

Hi, this is Princess Twilight. The Canterlot Recorder is in the Past with Fluttershy right now. We had hoped they would come back right away...


After Shysage and Fluttershy left, it was very quiet in the Library for a while. We just hugged tightly in a circle, weeping softly.

We were all still hurting... And we didn't have Fluttershy's 'element'... And we had no idea what today would hold... This was just very hard...

"Girls, we should try to get some sleep" I said quietly.

The rest of the girls and I laid on our bellies in a circle, and were soon asleep.

Maybe a few hours later, Spike woke me up.

He knows that I usually need a few minutes to wake up before I am coherent.

Then Spike gave me a letter from Princess Celestia. And only then did I realize that Spike may have been crying...

Princess Twilight,

Dark Melvain is in the center of the Commons lawn, and he has challenged the Princesses of Equestria. He has already killed some other ponies. I think you and the girls should come quickly.

Princess Celestia

I just sighed, and worked hard not to cry.

As gently as I could, I woke the rest of the girls up.

When we were all awake, I read the letter out loud, and we hugged together and wept softly a minute.

Then, I led us down to the Council Room. I climbed up into my chair, and the room blazed to life. The rest of the girls then climbed into their chairs. And everyponies' 'Element of Harmony' was quickly out and rotating above our heads.

Well, Fluttershy was not even in Equestria Present, right now...

I directed Filia to join me in my chair, and Fiona climbed up next to Rarity. Shyna climbed up into Fluttershy's chair without being asked.

I think Equestria took over at this point, and we were all immediately somehow 'moved' to Canterlot, to the Commons lawn, to that small round memorial garden along one side. This included Filia, Fiona and Shyna...

Just like last time, there seemed to be the same magical shield around us, around this small, round island. But we could see out, and I'm sure everypony could see in...

I had never seen Dark Melvain personally before; he was huge... He had little fur left anymore, and his very dark Purple coat still included more, well, flickers of light...

And I noticed that Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Princess Cadance were already standing in a line, maybe fifty feet away from him, waiting for me...

And I learned later that Dark Melvain had already killed nine ponies that got too close to him. I suspected this traitor didn't need much of a reason to kill...

Dark Melvain bellowed loudly "Princess! Come join the fun!"

Then he laughed loudly and with disdain...

That 'looming cloud', it was here...

"Girls stay put please..." I said, then I walked out and joined the rest of Equestria's Princesses to face this bully...

As soon as I was there, Princess Celestia immediately launched her beam at Dark Melvain, and he just as quickly stopped it in the center. The rest of us added our beams with Princess Celestia's, and Dark Melvain was again able to easily push the 'zone of impact' between our beams and his, back to the middle...

He began bellowing taunts at us immediately. I think the Group Link with Summer had prepared me for this. Still, it was terrible...

It was dawn... This would be a long day... If we survived... Honestly, I couldn't see how...



PreviousChapters Next