• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.14, Equestria Girls World / Looming Cloud

When my Twin, my Stallion and I arrived at Princess Twilight's Castle for dinner, we realized that some of the rest of the Twins had not arrived yet. We just sat and talked together with the Pinkie Pie and Rarity Twins for a little while.

Equestria pony Pinkie mentioned that Derpe was asking about me. I felt bad at this; we had just been busy. Too busy, I guess, and so I made a mental note to try and swing by her house in the near future. I guess I felt stretched pretty thin -- so many amazing friends...

The Applejack Twins soon dragged their tired bodies into the Library. Both were smiling, of course. Both Applejacks said together "Whooo-weeyyy! Country fun today!"

Equestria pony Applejack volunteered "Half the Fall Harvest apples are in now, we are way ahead -- thanks Twin!" They just hugged together.

Well, we were soon all hugging together after that!

Princess Twilight found us like that, when she came to call us to dinner. She and her Twin just joined our group hug for a few minutes.

Dinner was good, and we were soon back in the Library.

We would be going through the Portal back to the Equestria Girls world at around midnight; well some of us would. I don't think anypony intended to do any napping between now and then, though.

Most of the evening, nine happy Twins were sitting, chatting together. Shyna was with the Fluttershy or Rainbow Twins, she moved back and forth. Flying really meant a lot to Shyna, and so the Rainbow Twins did too. This did not surprise nor offend anypony.

My Stallion was very quiet, and he stayed right next to me. I knew he was hurting; I wanted him close for that very reason. I wanted to wander off somewhere, just the two of us, so we could talk. It hurts me when he hurts. Now was just a bad time for this. I think we both understood that.

At one point, when Shyna was talking with the Rainbows, my sister, and I, and my Twin and her sister, we all group linked for a little while. It had been some time since we could do this, and our time in the link was amazing.

I was hoping that our concern about taking Shyna to the past to find her Twin might surface. I have no idea. I do know that both Fluttershys can see and sense far more than most. So I don't know... Still I love these three other mares so deeply. It is like we all have three sisters, now.

Well Shyna makes four, and then maybe five when we find her Twin... That just made me cry...

Happy Twins hugged and cried a little, when Princess said the Equestria Girls would need to leave 'soon'.

Maybe an hour later, the Equestria Girls began heading back to their world, to their lives in a different world. I knew this was a tough time for all of them...

My Stallion and I went last, and together like we usually did. We were all soon in the Equestria Girls world.


After helping Shyna stand up again as a people, we all hugged tightly and cried a little in a small circle near the Portal wall.

I think there must be a camera or something; the Principal sisters quickly joined us, and just cried softly with us.

I couldn't help it... I started to say "Girls, I know that it is hard for you all to come back here..." I wanted to say more, but ended up crying. We all just cried together for a little while longer.

Twilight Sparkle is so amazing... "Girls, repeat after me..." she started quietly.

We all said this together: "Equestria is in our hearts. Some day, it will be our home..."

I knew for these precious people, this was just putting into words what they felt every day. We all cried together some more after that.

Then the girls were heading back to Fluttershys apartment to get their things.

My Stallion and I tightly hugged my Twin, her sister and Shyna for a minute or two before they headed off. THAT made me cry too...

We walked with the Principal sisters to the Computer Lab, and my Stallion quickly replaced another clearly cracked display.

Once that was done, the Principal sisters walked us back out into the grass behind the School. I think this was the real reason we were asked to come. Principal Celestia spoke quietly.

"You both may already know this, but something is really bothering Cel..."

I realized at this point, that the Principal Sisters were now using the same names we use for our girls -- 'Cel' and 'Lu'. Well, Twins are family... Still, Principal Celestia continued.

"The nightmares seem to be an everynight occurance. The dreams terrify her, but she simply cannot remember why, or any of the dream. As her Twin, I am very concerned for her. But since she is the ruler of Equestria, I think you should know.

Vice-principal Luna spoke up quietly.

"Lu mentioned too, that she is sensing some sort of dark cloud, looming nearer and nearer to Equestria. She just cannot discern what or why.

"I think my sister and I are preparing for the worst. We just have no idea what is coming, and we doubt we can help at all..."

My Stallion, quiet up to this point, ever since we had come through the Portal... He surprised even me. He said softly "If things get bad, just stay close to the girls here."

He said nothing more, and the four of us hugged tightly and cried softly together for a few minutes.

They headed back into the School, as my Stallion and I walked back across the grass to the Portal wall.


Halfway there, maybe, I said "Shysage wait...", then I sat down in the grass. He sat facing me.

Neither of us said anything for a minute maybe. Then he picked up both my hands in his, and looked deep into my eyes, and I was quickly doing the same thing. His eyes are amazing...

For a few minutes neither of us moved, and we were probably oblivious to what was going on around us.

Still, I think just this, was very good for my Stallion; I immediately sensed him change.

"Summer, you are very beautiful" he said softly...

I blushed, but didn't move.

But I think this helped his heart 'clear' some, I don't know... He spoke softly.

"Summer, I don't know what cloud is 'looming' on the horizon, for Equestria, for our amazing friends, for us... But as long as you are near me..."

He started crying, then picked me up and put me in his lap sideways. We were quickly crying together, hugging tightly. I felt the same way. I don't ever want to leave my Stallion...

Nopony knew what the future held. But if we could hold each other, we could get through it...

We cried for a while like that. Then we got up, and walked slowly, hugging, over to the Portal. We kissed for a few minutes, then we went through the Portal together, and were soon back in Equestria.

PreviousChapters Next