• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 533 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 533

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.63, Picking Apples

Fluttershy, Shyna, Pinkie Pie, Shysage and I, after we were all back into Equestria through the Portal, we just sat together on the rug and talked quietly. We knew it was early, and we didn't want to wake anypony up. We also knew it was probably very cold out right now. Nopony wanted to brave that. We just sat together and talked about our visit.

Filia and Fiona must have heard us, because they soon came bouncing out and were quickly talking quietly with Shyna, getting caught up on her visit.

Princess Twilight came out a little later. She looked like she had a rough night, and quickly mentioned she had a bad dream about us. We took turns hugging our amazing Princess, then we all laid back down on the rug.

Together, we told her about our amazing but brief time in the Equestria Girls world. I hoped this would help cheer her up. Well, we told everypony about Julia and Rick because nopony else knew about that.

I realized though that everything fun we did, our Princess really enjoys too; doing Canterlot Recorder stuff, and bleacher time... I think it just made her sad she couldn't come.

It was quiet after we were done, then Princess said "Well, at least the Twins are coming here soon." I think Princess missed her Twin a lot.

And I think that, having us all back, Princess began to relax and calm down. It is so clear Princess Twilight needs her girls! Well, we need her too.

Over the next hour, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack came to the Castle and joined us on the rug. We had to tell about our day again, which was fine, but Twin lonliness was the probable result.

Princess reminded everypony again that the Twins would be here in a few more days.


It was quiet for a minute or two.

Shysage asked quietly "Applejack, did you and Rainbow get the apples in yesterday?"

Applejack put her head down and said "I wish... It is just so cold..."

Well, I knew where Shysage was heading while he asked this. I quickly jumped in and said "Hey, lets all go help Applejack today!"

"Aww, you girls don't need..." Applejack started to say.

The volume level rose dramatically in the Library right then. Everypony wanted to help Applejack with this.

Princess Twilight insisted on feeding us first, which would also allow it to warm up a little more outside.

Then we got our coats on and were soon walking together to Sweet Apple Acres.

On the way, Applejack explained that the problem wasn't getting the apples down, it was getting them into the buckets and carting them all the way back to the barn. This field was some distance away.

Well, Princess had us do this. Applejack and Rainbow headed out to the orchard and started getting apples down.

A bunch of us ponies got on the bucket harnesses (one bucket on each side). Then we headed out to that orchard.

Filia and Fiona used their magic to fill one ponie's buckets, then that pony headed back to the barn, and Big Mac emptied the buckets. If the pony was cold, they could thaw out in the house for a bit, then again head out for more apples.

Well, we worked all day. Everything had to be done slowly. When somepony got too cold, somepony else would take their place as they sat by the fire a little while.

And maybe around noon, I crunched up a dead tree in the middle of that orchard, and set it on fire. That pile of wood burned nicely all afternoon, and it was a lot easier for everypony to get warm.

And by the end of the day, and with so many helpers, almost all of the apples were in. We all took turns hugging Applejack as she cried, this had been a big help. Applejack said she was tempted to ignore the few that were left, unless it warmed up some.

As the Sun set, we all enjoyed an amazing dinner there at the farm. Granny Smith is a very good cook, and we were all hungry. And it was WARM in the farmhouse too!

And after dinner, it was very cold outside. Nopony really wanted to be outside at all, and Applejack didn't have to do much pursuading to convince us to spend the night. The furniture was still moved around from last time, so we just spread out on the floor in front of the fireplace and relaxed.

We basically chatted the evening away. It started getting quieter, the later it got.

In a lull in conversation, Shysage quietly said some stuff.

"I don't know if it matters, but it is New Years Eve in the Equestria Girls world tonight. It is their way of bringing in the new year, I guess. It often seems like an excuse to drink a lot, I don't know."

Applejack laughed and said "Someponies don't need an excuse here..."

Shysage smiled, then kept going. "Well, it is the same there too, I'm afraid. Still, I try to use the evening to look back over the last year, and maybe too, think through some possibilities for the coming year. It is sort of like Summer's mental inventory, I don't know."

It was quiet for a minute, then Shysage finished.

"Well, I just want you girls to know that you are all amazing. I have never met such a close-knit, loving group. Whatever our future holds, I think having you special ladies close will make it amazing."

That made me cry, and I hugged him briefly.

We were all soon asleep.



PreviousChapters Next