• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 28,944 Views, 10,574 Comments

The Sparkle in his Eye - Tatsurou



Ratchet balances saving the galaxy with being the father to a purple alicorn foal. Adorable shenanigans and explosions ensue.

  • ...
73
 10,574
 28,944

PreviousChapters Next
Arsenal: Holostar

As the trio arrived at Holostar Studios, they scattered to do the work they needed to do in order to prepare for the movie they would be filming. Ratchet went to get his costume and go over his lines. Clank shifted to his Agent attire while discussing with the writers the changes to the script for the inclusion of Courtney Gears. Twilight went straight to Derek to discuss the various technical aspects of this filming, and her special requests. Courtney Gears arrived soon after, and began being prepped for her role as the Baroness. Luckily for Derek, the entirety of the role was looking pretty, posing provocatively, letting out the occasional scream on command, and swooning when Clank rescued her...well within the pop star's abilities.

With all the preparations complete, the filming began.


"Jeeves, activate the cloaking device," Clank ordered as they rode in their prop car against the moving sky background.

"With pleasure sir!" Ratchet agreed, saluting. He pressed a button. "Now you see us-"

The machinery started to rev up, then sparked and fizzled as a panel popped open. "Heh. Oops," Twilight said, her prosthetic sparking along with the circuitry she was trapped in.

"Sparks!" Clank scolded as he disentangled her. "What are you doing in the cloaking device circuitry?"

Twilight chuckled sheepishly. "Trying to be invisible?" she offered.

At that moment, the circuitry sparked brightly as Clank and Twilight were ejected from the passenger seat.

"Sir! Miss Sparks!" Ratchet called out, managing to stay in character.

"I will keep track of Sparks!" Clank called back as he activated his propeller, getting enough lift to keep both himself and Sparks in camera view in front of the moving sky background. "With the cloaking device disabled, I would have to airdrop in anyway. Get it fixed and pick us up on our way out!"

"Sir!" Ratchet agreed with another salute.

"And cut!" Derek said. "Well done you three. Nice improv when the ejector seat went off like that. No idea why that happened. The tech boys will give the car a once over."

"I'll help!" Ratchet said quickly, unwilling to admit that he had pressed the wrong button...again.

"Sure thing! We don't need you for these next few scenes anyway," Derek replied easily. "Let's set up the next scene, people!" He rubbed his chin. "Pity about the chase scene, though..."

"Maybe Clank can ride me in pursuit of Maximilian?" Twilight offered. "My wings can support me in flight, and he's small enough to strap to my back now that I've gotten a bit bigger."

"Perfecto!" Derek proclaimed. "Let's get a few shots of you in flight, and we'll see how much traffic we need you to dodge through!"

Grinning, Twilight spread her wings and began flying around the studio. While she wasn't that fast when she had to power with her wings in dead air, she was quite maneuverable.

"Excellent!" Derek applauded. "We'll do some work with that later! In the meantime, let's get to the next stage!"


In filming the next scene, Clank made his way through a bar scene and across cars floating up and down to simulate leaping across cars in rush hour traffic. After clearing two groups of ninja minions - which weren't nearly as big or as deadly off camera - he freed 'Sparks' from a tangle she'd gotten into on 'landing'.

"Guess I got a little tied up?" she offered nervously.

Clank sighed, shaking his head, every inch the frustrated guardian. "Just stay close to me, and do as I say."

'Sparks' saluted eagerly. "Sir!"

The rest of the scene went in much the same way their cooperative venture in the vents of Nefarious' Aquatos Base had gone, though much simpler as it was all for a movie. One thing Twilight discovered that she especially liked was that her prosthetic had the same command circuitry that allowed Clank to control Gadgebots, letting her do so as well. She was limited to the same four basic commands that Clank had, but it was still fun.

Once they were clear of the tail end of the ground chase scene, Derek called, "Cut! I love it, people! Sparks, you're free to head over for that scene we talked about regarding building your own submersible gear. Clank, time for the giant monster battle!"


Twilight got back to the set in the background - after finishing filming her own scene of building herself an aqua-pack that was attached to her armor unit - just in time to see Courtney Gears zap Clank, activating his communicator as he shut down.

"What is it?" Nefarious' voice could be heard from the comscreen.

"I have a present for you, snoogy-woogums," Courtney said to the screen, pitching her voice and posing her body seductively.

Nefarious let out a frustrated, growling scream. "I've told you to stop calling me that!" he snapped. "Just bring me Agent Clank!"

"Of course, darling!" Courtney said happily, fluttering her eyelashes.

As the com screen closed, Twilight pressed a button on a remote, and Courtney froze in electro-stasis. "So that's it," she mumbled. "She's working for Nefarious because she's smitten with him." She sighed. "So much for anything ethical we could do to make her switch sides. Then again, even if Clank finds her sexy, the relationship wouldn't last long with 4.5 standard deviations of programmed IQ difference between them. Derek! Is everything ready!"

"Ready and waiting!" Derek called out. "Wonder if this will work for real as well as it did on set?"

Twilight grinned widely as she attached something she'd gotten from Courtney's dressing room to Clank, making the appropriate circuitry connections. "Flawlessly," she confirmed.


"...where am I?" Clank asked as he slowly awoke. "Is someone there?" he asked as he struggled to focus his optics. "I seem to-"

"Yes, Clank!" Nefarious said eagerly. "it is an honor to finally make your acquaintance! I have been following your exploits ever since your first mission, when you defeated the mind stealing snot beasts from Dimension X!"

Clank attempted to explain Nefarious' logical fallacy to him, but Nefarious was blinded by his insanity and ambition, and offered Clank the choice of joining Nefarious in conquest, or joining his 'Squishy' friends in oblivion. Clank was left only able to watch as Nefarious attempted his plan, and saw the trick he had lain.

He hoped his processor was up to the trick Twilight had prepared.


When the Tyhrranoids attacked the studio, Ratchet's first thought was to get to Twilight to make sure she was alright. With that thought firmly in mind, he drew his weapons and began blasting his way through. After fighting his way all the way through the studio from the trailers to where the ship was parked, he encountered Twilight and Clank. "You two okay?" he asked eagerly.

"Yeah, we're just fine," Twilight replied. "I pulled a wing muscle during that last scene, and Clank took me to see a masseuse."

"I had to stay with her," Clank added awkwardly.

"Alright," Ratchet agreed. "That is a good point. But did you at least manage to get any info out of Courtney Gears about Dr. Nefarious?"

"Dr. Nefarious is aboard a star cruiser called...the Leviathan," Clank replied, his voice pausing every so often.

"We can ask Sasha to track it down," Twilight pointed out. "In the meantime, we can pursue that lead about the Obani Moons system you picked up on Daxx."

"Great thinking, Twilight," Ratchet agreed. "I'll send the message and set a course."

As Ratchet turned back to the ship and Clank watched, Twilight grinned widely. Clank was having some slight difficulties, but that was to be anticipated. However, the 'target audience' wasn't exactly sophisticated.

She couldn't wait to reveal the ace up her sleeve this time around. It was going to be so much fun.

PreviousChapters Next