• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 28,943 Views, 10,574 Comments

The Sparkle in his Eye - Tatsurou



Ratchet balances saving the galaxy with being the father to a purple alicorn foal. Adorable shenanigans and explosions ensue.

  • ...
73
 10,574
 28,943

PreviousChapters Next
4-gotten: Tough Kids

With the lab trial completed and a second mecha part unlocked, the group once more continued to pursue Susie in order to ensure her safety. After a short distance, they encountered another local who seemed to be in great distress.

"The minions!" he called out despairingly. "They're after my friends!" He gestured to where numerous rock platforms rose up and down in a white mist. "Please, you have to help them!"

"That's what we do," Twilight replied, leading the way into the mist.

The platforms in the mist crumbled shortly after anyone stood on them, but the misty segment did not last long, easily allowing them all to get through, fighting their way through more swarms of bots that went down easily. Spotting the 'friends' being threatened by a mine generator, Twilight acted. While Qwark worked a Power Plunger to bridge the gap, Twilight flew over and seized the mines in her magic. Utilizing the tactics she had back in Solana, she surrounded herself with the telekinetically gripped mines and charged the device generating them, destroying it with its own weapons.

"You're a hero!" one of the saved civilians shouted.

"Tell her something she doesn't know!" Nefarious sniped back.

"You have a really pretty mane!" the second saved civilian offered, making Twilight blush with pleasure.

Nefarious glowered in frustration. "I don't know whether to zap him and claim I saw her first, or make a mental note to compliment her mane-do when it comes to the date."

"Yes," Alister replied firmly, grinning impishly.

"Stop encouraging him!" Qwark complained as he stopped Nefarious from reaching for his weapon while grinning wickedly.

"I have to have my fun somehow!" Alister snapped back.

"Hey! I'm the youngest here!" Twilight shouted. "I should not have to be the one making sure the rest of you behave!"

"Yes, Twilight," all three responded sullenly.

Grumbling, Twilight led the way further, the others following along behind.

Before long, they caught sight of Susie, still being dragged along by the Gravoid, and heard her screaming. "Put me down you stupid Gravoid! I'm a Galactic Scout! I have a Gold Arrow in Interstellar Bugology!"

"...that's not a word..." Twilight complained.

As she flew to pursue, a loud, deep voice echoed from somewhere. "Weeks until retirement and I'm hauling around creatures like a day-old minion! What am I, an amateur?"

Twilight hesitated. "W-what was that?" she asked worriedly.

"Sounds like an Elite Mook, or perhaps a High Ranked Lieutenant," Nefarious replied. "Why are you so scared?"

"In case you forgot, I'm one of the creatures these things want to 'collect'!" Twilight snapped back. "I don't want to be probed!"

"Oh, right, forgot about that," Nefarious admitted. "Probably because it's impossible for me to see you as a 'creature'."

"Stop flirting already!" Qwark complained as Twilight blushed happily.

"You're just mad you don't have anyone to flirt with," Alister teased.

"Of course I am!" Qwark proclaimed. "Aren't you?"

"...shut up," Alister grumbled.

In the distance, an exceptionally large creature of some sort that resembled a dark purple octopus was deposited by a flying mecha, where it promptly gripped the rocky islands that formed the path forward.

"Call me crazy, but I don't think that's friendly," Qwark commented dryly.

As they approached, it became plain the creature was equal parts flesh and metal, especially as its limbs whirred as it moved to attack them with the spikes at the end of each tentacle. As each tentacle erupted from the rock platform, they revealed a green, pulsing pustule which proved vulnerable to weapons fire. Acting on long training, each of the group focused on one pustule until all eight were damaged, causing the creature to go slack and open its mouth, allowing the group to launch a volley into its mouth and inflict actual damage to the creature.

This pattern repeated two more times, and then the creature fell from the rocky islands in the sky, descending far below. The group quickly moved to the next platform...where they found Susie jumping up and down on the Gravoid that had captured her, inflicting damage with each jump. The last jump caused the Gravoid to spurt away like a balloon that had been untied. "Did you see that?" she squealed at them all. "That was so cool!"

"Are you alright?" Twilight asked worriedly.

"I'm just fine!" Susie promised as a large bird - obviously tame - flew up and picked her up, letting her fly. "I'm a tough girl, just like Twilight Sparkle! She's the idol of every Galactic Scout! She was saving galaxies when she was even younger than me, so this is nothing!" She blinked at the group. "Say, you guys aren't from around here. Do you maybe know her?"

"Not a word!" Twilight snapped as Qwark, Alister, and Nefarious all started snickering. "I didn't bring my pen, anyway!"

Susie's eyes widened. "Wait...you're Twilight Sparkle?" she gasped out. "The Twilight Sparkle?"

"Well, I certainly hope there isn't another one running around out there," Twilight joked.

"Dear Maker, the universe couldn't take that!" Qwark gasped out despairingly. "It can barely handle one of you!"

"Qwark!" Twilight whimpered.

"But...but all the stories about you are of the adventures of a little kid like me!" Susie complained.

"Well, my first adventure was a decade ago," Twilight admitted.

Susie blinked, stunned. "Wow," she breathed out. "You got old."

"Hey!" Twilight snapped out angrily, flushing as Qwark and Alister burst into laughter.

PreviousChapters Next