• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 28,823 Views, 10,574 Comments

The Sparkle in his Eye - Tatsurou



Ratchet balances saving the galaxy with being the father to a purple alicorn foal. Adorable shenanigans and explosions ensue.

  • ...
73
 10,574
 28,823

PreviousChapters Next
4-gotten: Confrontation

As the group rode the platform through the Tower, the computer suddenly spoke up. "Warning! Unauthorized life forms detected in Sector 3!"

"Well that sounds familiar," Twilight grumbled, before gasping in surprise.

At the end of the tunnel, Commander Spog arose, apparently to confront them directly. "Ah, interlopers. Most of you weren't on the Master's list." His eyes locked on Twilight. "But you were..."

Alister, Qwark, and Nefarious immediately stepped between him and Twilight. "Over my dead body!" all three called simultaneously, before glancing at each other in surprise.

"I can fight my own battles," Twilight mumbled, despite her pleased blush.

Commander Sprog chuckled. "That can be arranged, you three. Stuart! Divert platform delta through the steam chattel!"

"Yes, Commander," the computer replied as Spog laughed.

"The equine can handle what lies in there," Spog commented as he floated back and the platform changed paths, "but I doubt the rest of you can."

"I don't like that guy," Twilight grumbled as they passed into a new section of the tower, poisonous green smoke pouring out of various vents.

"Then let's track him down and crush him!" Nefarious proclaimed, carefully balancing the platform with the others so they were able to continue unimpeded.

As the group continued along the new path, Sprog kept ordering 'Stuart' to send in more reinforcements to take out Qwark, Nefarious, and Alister, only for the group to continuously repel the assaults. At one point, they rode down an elevator shaft, only for Sprog to cause the platform to drop out from under them, expecting Twilight to be the only one to be able to fly down slowly. Instead, all four pulled out their upgraded jetpacks to float down slowly until they reached solid platform.

"...you're beginning to grow tiresome and irritating," Spog grumbled.

"And you only just got to know us!" Alister shouted out in a taunt. "Wait until we've really gotten started!"

Spog could be heard sighing. "I'm getting too old for this. Stuart! Alert all forces. I will not allow the Interlopers to disrupt the rehabitation process."

"Sounds like something we need to stop, then!" Qwark offered with a wide grin.

With any chance of secrecy blown out of the water, the group charged full force, tearing through the defenses of the tower guns blazing as they sought to track down Spog and take him down. As they maintained such progress, they could hear Spog complaining about their progress, with how he was "three days from retirement" and the "blemish on his record". For the most part, they found it amusing. Before long, a different conversation could be heard.

"All forces defeated, Commander."

"Not all," Spog replied. "Send in...Mr. Perkins."

Qwark snickered audibly. "I'm sorry, but there's just no way that's anywhere near as intimidating or ominous as it's supposed to be-"

At that point, a massive Tank Minion bot with energy shielding slammed through a nearby glass wall, bracing for combat.

"...of course, I could be wrong," Qwark admitted.

"Look!" Nefarious pointed out. "Those two switches on the walls! If we activate them, it should activate the back up defensive barrier! Given 'Mr. Perkins' position, that should overload his energy shields!"

Mr. Perkins glanced up, spotted the switches in question, and stepped forward out of their range.

"Not really smart shouting out plans where the enemy can hear-" Alister began, only to realize the other three had rushed ahead around the sides of Mr. Perkins now that there was space to get through. "...or not." He quickly raced to keep up.

Seeing his targets getting away, Mr. Perkins dropped his energy shields to re-enter his flight mode...at which point he promptly received a full barrage of Elementally-charged Devastator rockets, destroying him completely.

"Nailed it!" Twilight crowed, pumping her hoof as a weapons satellite dropped out of the sky nearby. Running up to it, she checked the inventory. "Ooh! Darkstar Fission Tether! A chain lightning gun! This'll be fun to tweak later. For now..." Racing forward, she leapt onto a rail platform. "Onward, ho!"

As the others joined her on the platform, it began to carry them along.

"Who sent you?" Spog roared at them from somewhere. "Was it that little Tharpod girl who's been sticking chewing gum in all my machines?"

"I've detected a spike in your neural processing core, Commander," 'Stuart' spoke up. "Recommend you count down from five to enhance your sense of calm."

Spog sighed ruefully. "Five...four...three...you know what? I don't have time for this! I'm in the middle of combat here!"

"Sure could have fooled me!" Qwark called out. "Seems more like you're in the middle of paperwork!"

Spog roared in frustration. "Stuart! Where are my minions?"

"What's the matter?" Qwark called out. "Afraid to fight us yourself?"

"...you know what, Stuart? Nevermind. I'll deal with them myself! Come and get me, if you dare!"

"Well, now you've done it!" Nefarious snapped. "Now we won't have swarms of minions to wade through to collect bolts to arm ourselves for the final confrontation with this guy!"

"Twilight might as well have unlimited funds," Qwark pointed out. "All I did was ensure we're in no danger of running out of ammo, and give you and Twilight free reign to tweak the new lightning gun thingies while we walk."

Nefarious stared at Qwark in shock. Eventually, he found his voice. "Could you go back to being stupid?" he requested pleadingly. "You're making it hard to hate you, and I hate that!"

"I'll try, best buddy!" Qwark proclaimed eagerly.

"Much easier now, thanks," Nefarious confirmed, turning to work with Twilight as they walked.

PreviousChapters Next