• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Birth of a nation

Your mind was made up and once Coldheart cleared you you set everything in Motion.

Fortunately for you, the General public of manehattan was still with you, you had made sure that Blitz was all over City and County, a sizable Stretch of land and with enough trade Connections to make it even if equestria itself decided against trade. a few neighbouring cities had apparently agreed too, except for a smaller place called Dawnville. Said place was now facing a good chance of being cut off seeing as it was surrounded by sympathizers.

"Dawnville will become a Symbol of loyalty, and i´m pretty sure the Nobility is not above making them martyrs. I want to hear ideas, good ones are appreciated." You had once more gathered your most trusted companions, trying to figure out what to do.

"hmm, when you think about it Thunder, the solution is immensely simple. make it your stage." Gleaming Metal offered.

You must have heard wrong. "What? Gleaming, in case you didn´t notice Dawnville is nearly 80% behind the princess, they´re hopelessly devoted to her."

"Think about it, you´re about to clear up a great lot of immensely important Details, particularly about us. if this is about to convince the ponies of equestria at large, why not start by convincing the live audience? Dawnville is one way or another about to be the focal Point of Attention, make sure everyone sees you go there and say what you Need to say, let them know you will speak with or without royal approval."

"hmm, that could work."

Hulk speaks up. "When it all Comes out, the good and the bad, a whole lot of idolization will drop, the ponies will Keep a keen eye on your leadership and decisions."

"good, that´s what i´m aiming for in the first place... Alright the plan is made time to let Dawnville know exactly what i want."

----------------------------------------------------

Your Timing when you arrived in the small Hamlet couldn´t have been better, a stage was prepared for a mayor´s speech and most of the town was already gathered.

Gleaming smiled at you. "Showtime, Thunderhead."

"Indeed."

on stage the Mayor was addressing the town.

"Dear citizens of Dawnville i´m glad to see so many of you having shown up to our town council, as you are Aware, a Rebellion against equestria is raging around us, our town surrounded. The very ponies we call neighbors are following a stallion with the singular goal to remove Celestia from the throne. Our loyalty is not doubted, however our Situation may not be good once they make it official, as they will be able to cut us off from everything. We have to look for Solutions to that, does anyone have an idea?"

That was your cue, wearing your helmet you entered the stage.

"I have one."

The crowd fell silent, evidently startled. the sputtering Major shivering like a leaf in the wind.

"T-Thunderstorm!"

"the very same, Mayor, we´re on live broadcast as i have a lot to say, but here is the first Thing."

You took the stand, the Mayor stepping off to the side with no fuzz, and addressed both the crowd and the running cameras.

"Citizens of Dawnville, you have my admiration, you have not cowed when faced with being surrounded, you have not been afraid when faced with my Reputation, for that I thank you. It is too easy to tell tall tales and Forget that the one in Charge has a heart, Soul and flaws.

I want to clarify from the start, i am not about to let innocent civilians suffer for something that they shared no hoof in. Dawnville will not be cut off by Tempesta, as the very cities and counties about to become a state will call themselves henceforth.

Your town retains their sovereignity and trading rights and will not be denied entrance or passage either, i will try my best to leave the innocent unaffected, that is the promise, not of Thunderstorm..."

You took off your helmet, showing your real face to the entire world and speaking to the cameras.

"...But of Thunderhead, the stallion behind the mask. It is high time i revealed in full my intentions."

a few Reporters present frantically scribbled on their notepads

"my intentions which started 10 years ago, when i was ten, and almost died of a lightning strike. i survived and gained the power behind it, a power that marked me. a power that made canterlot guards Show up and pry me from my sister´s hooves. a ten yer old colt neither the first nor the last, was placed in prison with the worst of the worst, for no other reason than being alive. That is what i fight against, that is what will not happen in the new sovereign state that is Born today, the constitution of Tempesta is drawn up, with manehattan as its´ capital."

Photos were made, more frantic Scribbles.

"but you have seen in manehattan, not all hiding behind me agree with the Intention to make a better place, a stallion that protected me for ten years, looked out for me and became something resembling a father in prison. betrayed everything i stood for, he filed me into his escape tool for ten years and finally got tired of letting me think he cared. and you can Quote me on this one: Khan, you are a wanted stallion in Tempesta, bad deeds will not go unpunished, regardless of how highly the rich will attempt to bribe. And you, Celestia, i am glad to see that you´re waking up and seeing what your underlings did under your nose, but i will not trust you with leadership, i had ten years to lose faith in you. maybe in twenty it´ll grow back, but until then, stop your attempts to interfere with the decisions of free ponies, i have never forced any of the cities to join me."

You stepped back, you had dropped the biggest bomb yet and the Reporters had stopped scribbling in favor of staring slack jawed at you.

"That was all i had to say, Mayor, thank you for your time."

--------------------------

The return trip was thankfully uneventful, a small entourage of security saw to that.

"what do you think, Gleaming? i just painted target signs on my whole Family."

"the fate of any politician, but you´re not the only one watched over by loyal Boys of the thunderstorm... Tempesta though?"

"the storm is my motif, it just came out."

"actually, i find it has a ring to it, which reminds me, the same ringing was apparently heard by the Griffons, remember that griffonstone is not exactly sunshine and lollipops?"

"gleaming... i´m not entirely caught up on the world."

"well, griffonstone offered to join as well, but i have the suspicion they´re in it for their own gain like that one Redscale, a Dragon that offered his Services as well. the call is ultimately up to you but you should pick allies carefully, now that our ponies and the equestrian are paying Attention."

"i´ll Need to think on it."

Time to consult yourself what to do and what other diplomatic Relations you may want to look into.

Author's Note:

holy cow my Hiatus took forever, i do blame work and sudden lack of Inspiration, trying to get back into the swing of things so please do bear with me.

Comments ( 10 )

welcome back, and thanks for a good read =^_^=

6065548
(terribly late to the Party there, sorry, that Train rushed out on the 10th of September 2013)

Well Holy Hell. Welcome back! Glad to see this updated. As to the question of Diplomatic Relations, I guess I'd find out everyones true intentions, and welcome them depending on what they are. Also I'd try and contact the Crystal Empire and Zebra nations for potential Allies.

This comes down to tatics. You need aloes for a rebelion but sinse we are trying to go peacful it would not benigit us. On that same hand, they might atack the moment we refuse.

I say we acept the red and griffiobs with the knolege that they will try to kill us at a moments notice.

I tried to read this but I'm sorry, your grammar is just too awful.

Welcome back

will you ever do an alternate universe vision of this, cos i really want to see the path of a warlord :pinkiehappy:

I vote dragon because that will make guards think twice

You know what, this'll probably sound weird, but if I had to decide on a diplomatic ally to help I'd choose Equestria. Let me explain because Twilight basically formed a peace treaty and Thunderhead announced Khan is not him, if they resolve the revolution by splitting into two countries then they, for common interest, could root Khan out together before he does any real damage. Afterwards, they don't have to like each other, but you know "Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend" sort of thing.

Login or register to comment