• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

musings on a statue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Splicer POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your day had gone agreeably enough, thanks in no small part to the fact that Coldheart had gotten a bunch of actual patients and slipped into the caring good Nurse role.

Now you were sitting in Lady liberty´s crown, awaiting Your Special guest, and trusting in her curiosity delivering her to you.

"umm, excuse me, sir?"
As if on cue, the voice of a mare takes you back to the present. a mare with dark blue hair bearing a pink streak in it.

"punctually as a clock, it appears you have the scientific precision down at least.
the Name is Gene, Gene Splicer, Doctor in biochemistry and direct organic Manipulation."

You decided to be the scientist in full, from what coldheart said this was the only Approach where you wouldn´t be obstructed by her worship of celestia.

"Twilight sparkle, i actually read your Dissertation on the Elimination of hereditary sickness."

"ah, i remember that, cancelled because the nobles believed it would falsify their bloodlines,"

"You have so many wonderful ideas, you could really help equestria, why are you doing all this."

"Miss Sparkle, are you Aware of the process of science? of the theories put to the test, about the risk of failure?"

"of course, one enters an Experiment knowing one could fail."

"the ponies volunteering and their families always say they are Aware and can handle it, they lie. they don´t consider the possibility of failure, they expect miracles."

"and when you can´t meet them."

"they try to kill you, and a wanted Pegasus saves your life."

"oh... that´s why."
Her ears folded back, she had heard the Story of course, but apparently your Name hadn´t made it to the media.

"only at first though. He asked me to look into something, and i must say i didn´t know celestia had it in her."

"what do you mean?"

"she would actually go so far as to silence Opposition by force, and has done so since shortly after nightmare moon."

Twilight is evidently shocked.
"that... no, she wouldn´t ever do that."

"it is even the reason the elements of harmony shunned her, the reason she Needs you and your friends. She has by choice made herself unworthy, to cling to things staying the same. only when Change is unavoidable does she arrange for it to happen under her conditions."

She shakes her head.
"the common rights, electricity, outreach in understanding, are that not reforms she made."

"common rights had been fought for bloodily, only when the royal guard was on it´s knees did she sign it, after the last witnesses perished of Age she claimed it was her idea.
Electricity was invented 900 years ago, it was made public 200 years back and that was because he showed it to other ponies before presenting it to the princess, like his predecessor did.
outreach to other nations, there was a Petition for it, 999 years back, the mare delivering it was never heard from again, it did go through because every day ponies would protest for peace, i found out what happened to that mare."

You throw the newspaper before her hooves, the Headline speaking of a stolen statue from the gardens. "the mare with the scroll"
officially a Piece of art.
that same statue you unveil now.

"but why don´t we ask her ourselves?"

You cast the spell and soon cracks appear over her surface, finally the statue breaks and a mare Drops to the ground.

Author's Note:

well, this buys me some time for the next chapter, i hope, sorry for the rant-y part, but when splicer entered lecturing mode there was no stopping him.