• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Kid, you don´t know what you´re getting into.

"When this is over, I will be not Equestria's Leader, nor an Evil to see it burn. After I tear down the System that falsely claims Justices. After I right the wrongs that go unseen in this world. After I see your Sister break.... After all of this." I wave my hoof to emphasize everything, Equestria, the Revolution, Me, Her... "I will just be another Cog on the Wheel of life. Go back to visit my Mother, my Father. Find a nice Mare and settle down somewhere. Maybe get a Job that shows the reason of my Imprisonment, these Thunder wings, can be used to help Ponies.

"I don't wish you harm Princess, nor your Sister and all her subjects. But Equestria need to change! And Nopony will stand in my way to change it! I ask you to keep my identity, and those of my Revolution a secret. Or help support us in anyway you can. If you so choose to run to Celestia and tell her of everything. Know that it will only slow us down. Change is coming, and she cannot stop it..."

Following your answer, Princess Luna remains silent for a Long time. When she finally speaks she sounds saddened.
"You are really not a Monster, that makes this rather difficult. I hoped that i could confirm you to be a beast, a threat. But all i see, is a stallion that wants nothing more than to better the world. I shall take no Action yet, but you have to prove yet, that you can work with something other than force. Now awaken, for a new day is beginning, and it may very well define your future."

before you have time to ask what she is talking about, the sight of her is replaced with that of your bedroom ceiling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work with something other than force... of course she was right. You had neglected the bigger Goal, to win the hearts and minds of Equestria over for your cause. The massacre was inexcusable, but maybe salvageable. you would Need the News to listen without the guard nearby though.

Come to think of it, you were the Kind of top Story a Reporter would sell his Soul for, maybe you could arrange an exclusive Interview.
The newsreport of the Train raid has given you a pretty good idea which stations would be best suited for that.

You were just about planning your next few steps when Gleaming Metal interrupted you
"Thunder, there´s a bunch of Teens out there that said they saw the Train raid first and want to talk to you"
"WHAT? ... alright, we can do this, lead them to warehouse four and have a few of our guys around, just in case. Now where did i put my mask?"

A few moments later you entered the warehouse, flanked by Gleaming Metal and Gene Splicer, Hulk was already inside blocking the door. What you saw were three Colts, probably around sixteen each, punky Looks, a self declared street gang you guessed, looking closer they were probably not too bad off, all well groomed and they definitely rolled in dirt to get mommys shampoo smell out.The one in the middle seems to get his balls back together as you Approach.
"See, i told you this was the right place, you there with the mask. we want to join up with you."........................
one look over at your guards and you know what must be done.
"Permission given Boys, no Need to hold back" the following uproar of laughter goes on for a few minutes before you wave to silence it. "Kid, this isn´t a field trip, we are going all the way to canterlot in here and you and your friends really should go back to playing hoofball in the streets unless you wnat to find out that the pointy end of a spear hurts. I´m building an army here, no use in that for foals."
"We ain´t foals, chummer, we´re the Street Sharks, the best gang in all of manehattan."
"Hulk? is that true?"
"Street Sharks... i think one of the prison bitches was from there, lowest end of the Foodchain though he was in for a burglary, nothing to write home about, did do nicely in the showers though." at this the three definitely aren´t so tough anymore.
"Didn´t he say he was respected while he was in?" one of the goons says.
"He lied, big whoop." you finally catch their Attention. "Now as i said, there´s no use for you in the army, but i like your initiative, how many are you street sharks?"
"Around 20, 30 if you Count the fillies."
"What drove you to us?"
"We have been learning about sociology and history and stuff and most of us agree we don´t like it, the way Mares and stallions rights are treated is just bad and then we informed ourselves about thunderwings, you get locked up for something you can´t Change. You are fighting the power, man, that´s about as cool as it gets and we wanna help."
"I see..."

These Kids were clearly way useless in battle, but maybe you could think of other ways for them to make themselves useful.
Test subjects for Splicer?
Yelling voices in the crowd for Gleaming?
maybe a whole new Student uprising?

Author's Note:

Special thanks to DarkAscension for providing the reply at the start
and everyone who voted, as in Anonymous Unknown
short chapter i know, but Inspiration and Motivation both require votes.