• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Generous, elegant and still a witch.

"hmm, i´d like to see them again to be honest, it´s been so Long... but there´s something i have to do first. How about this, you get everything ready and i´ll join you at the Train Station once i´m done."

"okay, just be careful, after everything that happened losing you would put a stop to everything we´ve been working for."
Gleaming didn´t have to remind you, you knew full well that this Revolution stood and fell with it´s leader. the others could organize, inspire and even plan, but None of them could Keep the Thunderstorm together.

"i´ll be careful, don´t worry." famous last words right there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finding the fashionista Rarity, had been amazingly easy, she was well known in Manehattan after all, she was staying at the Palais. a rather high class Hotel famous for Hosting Fashion Shows, big surprise.

okay, first obstacle, front desk.
"Excuse me, i´d like to talk with miss Rarity Belle, could you ask if she´s available?"

"who´s asking?" the mare at the front desk was clearly more interested in getting you away from herself, at least that meant she´d work fast.

"I am a bit of a celebrity at the Moment, that´ll have to do." hehe, if only she knew what Kind of celebrity.

the receptionist doesn´t give you so much as a second look as she dials. a short Moment later she sends you up to the twentieth floor, to Rarity´s room.
Inside you hear two voices however.

"You see Coco, all it takes is a single bout of Inspiration and you can easily do it, you just have to trust in your abilities."
That would be the mare you wanted to talk to.
thinking of a way to get the conversation in the direction you wanted, you knock on the door, which is promptly opened to reveal your gracious host.
A true Lady indeed that one, well groomed, Frame lithe but not starved and minimal make up to only accentuate the natural perks of her Looks. snap out of it hornywing you got a Mission!

"ah, welcome sir, i was wondering what the secrecy was about."

"i´m not fond of being hassled offstage, a Minimum of secrecy was necessary. Miss Rarity Belle, the rising star of Fashion, i presume."
you went off the assumption that talking fancyish made you seem like an actor with the fame to excuse Fashion Shopping and secrecy.
it seemed to work well.

"oh, you flatter me dear, but i´m afraid i do not know your Name." Rarity was speaking as pleasant as ever, but you could hear the unspoken demand to identify yourself."

"i have had many names, and have mimicked the immortals that ever inspire the humble. as of today i am known as Fulgur, the Name is not mine, but the one of the stallion looking for awe inspiring clothing here, is that enough?" this was ridiculous to the Point where you should´ve approached pinkie pie with it.

"A stallion of words and Impression i see, but very well, i will let Fulgur slide. i´m sure i have something exactly your style." go figure, it worked.
"Coco, please be a dear and leave us alone, this is the list of what i´ll be needing, could you get that for me?"

"Of course, miss Rarity."
The younger Pony left the room for her errands.

"A true little angel, that one, Almighty one bless the assistants." you said trying to break off a conversation.

"So very true, Sir. now you strike me as the type for colder Colors, a man of the dramatic, not the warm and comfortable." rarity spoke... odd, as if she meant a lot more than what she said, but this time you had Trouble reading her.
"do tell me, sir, what inspired you?"

"at the Moment? the concept of fighting back, surely you´ve heard of Thunderstorm." she served you the Topic on a silver platter so it was high time to bite.

"I have indeed, a lot of it rather flattering too, i admit, to a romantic it may seem like someone who fights for justice, but i believe there are other motives behind his deeds." Welp, that rules out appealing to the romantic in her.

"like what? he has pointed out rather jarring flaws in the way things are currently, why waste time on it if it isn´t his Goal?"

"I´m not sure what he wants to be truthful, but he seems very set on bringing down the same princess that assured peace and harmony for a millenium." Rarity had taken on an accusing tone now. maybe it was time to accuse back.

"the question is always the Price, working in a Business that is surely something you know. and at what Price did celestia buy the peace? who gave?"

"Peace does not just happen, i know that, but i believe that without her is worse than with her." on the bright side you knew where she stood.
"and maybe in time that Thunderstorm will realize that."

"maybe, there is always hope for peace, even in the worst of times." you sounded like a script.

"a Quote from your latest Show?" Rarity seems unimpressed.

"showponies give the audience what they Need, be it something to awe at, something to cry with or something to be mad at, the words spoken there are no lies just because of that." you think you saw that film.

"and you have definitely given an admirable Show here. a Little critique on my behalf though, don´t make your cover names too obvious, like the latin word for lightning." ...crud.

just as you finish chastising yourself for your stupidity the door Bursts open and a pair of security stallions hop in, accompanied by her assistant.

"i believe orange would look good on you, and Jumpsuits are all the rage for pegasi too." That White virgin eater just had to set one on top, didn´t she?

okay, no Panic, think, what do you do now?

Author's Note:

coming up with anything at all for rarity was hard, and characterizing someone that isn´t straightforward about their thoughts even more so.
may or may not revisit to erase pieces i´m not sure why i even typed them.