• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,013 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,013

Restless Nights

"You know, just for the part where you bragged about dragging me to Celestia i should really just off you right now,
but in the end you are only Pony too. And first impressions aside i am not a Monster. You get to live, once you wake up."

You learned where to aim to knock a Pony out without causing to much damage.
"They´ll help you out of your binds when they wake up, tell the News what I told you, and for your sake they´d better not try to spin the Story." News companies had a nasty Habit of doing that, but they wouldn´t risk other ponies over it, bad press and all.

"You will be repeated word for word, sir..." apparently they were not so keen on crossing you after seeing your wings bristling with electricity.
"Good. Boys, you about finished out there? Blitz probably got the runner but i don´t want to find out the hard way if she didn´t! Let´s go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Typical Blitz, she did shoot him down halfway from the Station but still Close enough for someone to notice, good Thing too as that got him medical attention as well. She said, signalled, she checked out the Hospital, high alert was an understatement, the place was a bucking fortress. You instructed your Boys to try and stay unhurt until you find an alternate way to get medical supplies.

After such a tiring evening it was Long overdue for you to get some sleep, except that your sleep was probably gonna wind up just as tiring.

Shortly after you fell asleep you dreamed, at first as usual about your life before prison, your fathers screaming when the storm hit both of you and you were struck by lightning, your mothers relief when you somehow survived and your own surprise when you found out it was because the lightnings were your friends. Shortly after that, word spread about you and one day the guards showed up and put you in chains, no word about why, no word about who ordered it.

"You have been wronged for certain, Young stallion, but doth that be your only reason for turning against your own People"

The surprise of this other voice almost wakes you up.
"I heard of the last creature in this world who talks like that, what do you want, princess Luna?"

The Scene around you changes, now surrounded by stars on all sides, you find yourself face to face with the princess of the night.
"We wished to ask about your motivations but everything was taken from you, so you needn´t answer that."
"Neither is it my sole reason for doing this, you will not find the truth anywhere outside a prison, I´ve seen the faces of the doomed and the criminals. And you know what, those are ponies too, the way they were treated was a clear sign that something needed to happen. Until now I´ve seen the dark side of order well enough to know that without a proper cleanup every once in a while, justice becomes a hollow word used by the powerful to Keep the weak in chains. You were once the very Symbol of Change, the phases of the moon, the Tide, you let them stagnate to please your sisters Obsession with control-"
"QUIET INSOLENT CUR! You do not realize what Celestia has done for you. She has assured peace and prosperity to everypony. She-"
"...Helped the ponies with influence to increase it so that they would do as she says. Face it Luna, she is no different from after Discord, she is no different from before Nightmare Moon. She is a control Freak, her peace is based on flase belief, obstruction of historical Facts and wearing the mask of benevolence while ordering everything that could bring Change or Innovation silenced, destroyed or killed. If she was as powerful as she Claims to be, the injustice as it happened to me, would not go unpunished. Neither would i be alive now, after what i did."

"She seeks the best for our ponies, she tries to Keep them safe." She sounds unsure, you struck a nerve by pointing out a few holes in Celestias Version of history. You had filled them with speculation but it seems you were right. You press further.

"She is failing, and it´s not `your´ little ponies, it´s `her´ little ponies. She is afraid of the inevitable Change, she knows she can´t stop at but she still tries to fight it, you don´t have to be like her, you should return to the good sides of your old ways, not Abandon it together with the bad. You can probably stop me now, but believe me, something worse than destruction is waiting down her path. just don´t follow her on it if you care at all for Equestria."

"Do you realize what you are asking of me?" She clearly doesn´t know what to do now.
"I ask you to do nothing, i ask you to Keep silent about who I am, about why I am doing this, i ask you to remain neutral, because Change Needs to happen and you know it. When it all is over, Celestia will have to face the truth about herself and her Nation. And she will inevitably break. Then Equestria will Need you, the princess of the night, to assure them, to let the tides rise and fall, to let the moon take all its shapes and to let the day be followed by night. You don´t have to heed my word, but i want you to consider what is at stake and i want you to look more closely at the world your sister has created and ask yourself: Is this the world i want to live in?" You let your words sink in, knowing full well already that you have shaken the faith of the princess of the night in her own sister, you would be ashamed, but you knew you were right and so does she.
"When this all is over, what would you do? Take control, arrange for a new order after the ponies´ wishes or would you just set Equestria ablaze to see it burn?"

Author's Note:

another one out, it actually gets easier when you come back from work, huh.
the possibilities mentioned above are not the extent of what you can answer, feel free to write your own Responses, i will let comment upvotes Count to see how much Support the Suggestion gets. This Kind of vote may or may not Pop up again in the future depending on its success