• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,013 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,013

no trace? i think not

The safe house was, all things considered quite nice, apparently the storehouses had been empty for a Long time, but sterilised and clean. No rats or rodents, in fact with only a negligible bit of work you could easily house yourselves and any and all Equipment in here. When introductions between Gleaming Metal and the rest of your current crew were finally out of the way, you had sent a squad to her house to pack everything up and bring it here, you also set to think of a way to explain the sudden Business going on in here and make room for the unicorn and his stuff, as well as any assistants either he or Metal needed.

You were looking at the Newsflash, speaking about the utter chaos at the Police Station last night, and the Trouble the guards had with catching all the escaped criminals, there was also a Report on Cloud Haven and director Greasebags failure, according to the media the biggest screw up by an official since the Mayor of Baltimare accidentally declared war on the Griffons, after that an entry about thunderwings and how they were kept in Isolation in Cloud Haven for the sake of Equestria, how only the worst pegasi in existance were sent there, and that every Pegasus could turn out to be a Monster, it baffled you, that the media was openly telling the unicorns and earth ponies to be racist.
"We have to tear the whole System apart and start over, if stuff like this gets approved for broadcast it Shows just how bad things are"

"I´m surprised you care for the crap the media spit out. And you hold still Hulk, i need to get these armor pieces to sit right or they´ll harm you more than help" Gleaming Metal had taken to outfitting your helpers who would mostly fight with a few simple pieces of protection, you had opted for an easy to wear mask decorated with lightning bolts and a Slim Fitting bodysuit instead for the sake of movement.

One of the inmates had also submitted his idea for a Symbol of the Revolution, a Lightning driving itself between the half-sun half-moon seal of Equestria. it had met your approval, the stylised lightning Bolt would be your sign of recognition and the sign of the cover Company "Lightning Express" definitely a good idea to explain all the traffic.
Yes, your Headquarters were established, guarded and thanks to the royal guard salary as well as a few pulled strings with old acquaintances from canterlot Nobility well supplied.
It was time to make further plans now.

When later that day Blitz finally returned she was clearly distressed about something
Bad News, Bad News! the unicorn isn´t a his lab anymore, his Equipment paperwork and everything was there, as well as a bomb i had to throw out but he was gone!
"Grr. of course, first they disappear from the public eye and then they disappear for good. any leads where we can find him?"

"Maybe I can help with that." you look to the door to find a unicorn mare Standing in it. if her attire was anything to go by she was probably working in a lab before too.

"My Name is Coldheart, I have been cooperating with Dr. Splicer before and followed him here to manehattan, the goons that broke into his lab didn´t know i was there. They were talking about him having to respond to those he wronged, and here in manehatten that might be one of the families of his former `volunteers´."

I thought she might know something so i brought her here.

"Tell me more, what exactly happened to his volunteers?"

"well, he was working on ways to improve a ponies Body, endurance, strenght, natural abilities, cybernetics, his volunteers were for testing any Long term effects, and they did help him with finding out that he has to carefully give the bodies a hormone treatment first or else the entire thing would collapse."

"collapse as in-"

"Death, yes. You should know about him that there is always a price for advancement to him, it is a perfect scenario where he doesn´t lose his test subjects, but perfection is something no one is capable of" Miss Coldheart definitely lived up to her Name, she might as well read a phone book.

uh, brother? do we have to help him?

"i know most about his Equipment and can assist you in his stead, his work must be continued, even if not by hmself" Coldheart was actually making plans in case you left him to die? sheesh Lady, you scary.

"Maybe we should go get him and just hear him out ourselves, taking it from the stallion´s mouth so to speak" Gleaming put in her own Suggestion.

This doctor was perhaps not as good a guy as you thought, but if he impressed someone like Coldheart enough to follow him around like this, maybe he was worth it... your choice, as always.

Author's Note:

choices should be visible in the text, but just in case:
A: Leave the doctor to die and kick Coldheart in front of the next Train
B: Leave the doctor to die and Keep Coldheart around
C: Help the doctor and maybe earn a few mad families

Also please comment, doesn´t have to be votes but just give me a Little Feedback.