• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Scoop of the millenium

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~still Apple Cobbler´s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You watch as Blitz moves the Camera into Position now to capture both your and Thunderstorms movements and reactions, they were planning to be sincere, they were apparently very sure of their motives.

"Now, Thunderstorm, I believe the most important question on everyones mind is: Was it really you who staged the Orange mansion massacre?" You realized just a second too late that this question might as well be answered with a Punch.
Instead you see him tense up for a second before replying: "Yes, when a few rich ponies turn murdering a victim strapped to a table into party entertainment, I have no pity for them."

A professional Reporter does not get involved in the stories he talks about, you have to Keep a Level head at all times... Buck that.
"You are talking about a member of the apple Family here. I hope you know that." your tone had just a bit more bite than necessary.
He didn´t react at first, maybe the bosses of criminals were always calm before ordering you killed, Blitz was giving you a really nasty look, but kept the camera on you two instead of murdering you.
When he spoke his voice sounded as if he´d just barely kept it under control.
"The stallion with the orange cutiemark in that mansion was nothing but a psychopath. If he was a nice stallion, husband, father or uncle the day before it doesn´t matter. The death of your Cousin Orange Crush was an accident, no one could´ve foreseen the Tumor, your uncle, Mr Mosely Orange turned murdering his doctor, the very stallion that gave your cousin his own legs back, into a Show and had the gall to Claim it was justice. Do not ever try to make me regret preventing that from happening."
"He wouldn´t... i mean he was really beside himself after... but... he would? *ahem* Apologies, i´m getting unprofessional over this." You had to get a grip, if this stallion spoke the truth, and this is too ugly to be imagined, then Uncle Mosely was not the same stallion anymore.
"I do regret what happened to him, losing his son, just when he thought it would all be better but there is no excuse for what he was trying to do."

"Right, I guess that is that, I suspect the Audience will take this one with mixed Feelings."
"I do not plan to lie to them, that´s why i contacted you in the first place. Now you probably have more questions."
"Of course, the next would be, why do you do all this?"
"That is the question that requires a lenghty answer. The Goal is simple and quickly explained. Revolution, a Long overdue Change in politics, in how laws are handled in how the world moves."
"What is wrong with the current System?"
"A dangerous question, tell me, do you know what a thunderwing Pegasus is?"
"I heard they control lightning and are a danger to everypony"
"The former is right, the latter is racism. Thunderwings are Pegasi, that have a gift, they can control the rawest power the weather has, lightning. They survive being struck by them and can generate them in their wings, practical applications could be endless if they weren´t locked up for life the second Celestia finds them. Every Thunderwing, Mare, Stallion, Foal they all get locked up, their crime: existing. I decided i didn´t want to spend my life in prison, and while i was there i learned many bad things about the oh so noble royal guard, the way they deal with protest, the way public activism is criminalised. The way Celestia systematically prevents all Change for the better from Happening. It had to Change, so i broke the chains, the System has to be made better, the laws can no longer Play favors towards the rich and wealthy, Innovation mustn´t be censored anymore, and most importantly, differences, especially simple things as talents must no longer be used as an excuse to cast somepony out and harm them for being different. Celestia is afraid that Change could cause bad things to happen, she is right about that, but in her desire to fight it on all fronts she represses our Chance to become better, stronger, able to deal with the bad things. I do not Claim that the Equestria i will bring will be perfect, but I promise, that it will Change, grow on it challenges and become stronger for it, rather than stagnate and Keep the ponies shielded and shackled."

After this Long tirade he falls silent, looking over to Blitz, she has tears in her eyes. this were their true intentions, they were not murderers, they were fighting desperately for what they believed in.

"If I heard you right earlier you said you were such a thunderwing."
"Yes, i discovered my gift in a thunderstorm, i survived being struck, my parents were relieved, until the royal guard ripped me out of my mothers hooves. In Celestias Name he is arrested for posessing illegal skills no righteous Pony may have. That´s what they told her, that´s what she was supposed to believe."
"Oh, I am sorry to hear that, what were you doing afterwards?"
"Heard of the big breakout in Cloud Haven?"
"You mean-"
"Yes, I staged the prison Revolution and led the Inmates to freedom, not bad considering the only way i had to Keep my wings in shape was Lifting weights on them and wing-ups."
"I´m sure the pegasi in the audience admire that advice."
"You are not making all that great an Impression with a criminal record."
"Crime is what you make of it, A foal can break a streetlight with a Stone, the Absence of that light can cause a terrible Crash, you find out about the foal, what do you do? Do you hit him for causing that, regardless of whether or not he wanted to?"
"I´d probably Show him what he caused, and hope he learns his lesson."
"The Royal Guard would reject you for being too soft. My Point is, they are not controlled by anyone, the Mayors supposed to oversee them don´t do anything about abuse of power, on the contrary. Cloud Haven, the Maximum security prison gets a lot of harmless thieves for instance."


"I see, now how about that attack on Ponyville General, a peer of mine reported over the Psyche ward being opened and them being let loose on the staff and the mare leading it doing... something... to the nightguard, it is said that he is in therapy and Shows no signs of improvement."
This time Thunderstorms reaction is one of discomfort.
"I am ashamed to admit that i don´t really have her under control, she did her Thing without my knowledge and i was afraid to ask what exactly she did after the Boys accompanying her told me the short Version."
"Do you believe your consorts will be taking the `Initiative´ more often? You surrounded yourself with dangerous ponies, what if not all of them agree to your way of running things?
"The Thunderstruck are enjoying my unconditional trust, as for her, i made myself clear enough towards her i believe. Such attacks will not happen again if i can help it."
You had the Feeling that he couldn´t help it, but one look at Blitz let you decide that questioning that would be suicidal.

Apparently Thunderstorm had enough of this all anyways, because his next words were:
"You know what motivates me now, I only have one Thing to say to your Audience: Watch the world around you, watch what the guard does and question why you do what you do. Celestia hasn´t taken your freedom from you yet, defend it while it lasts. This interview is over. She will bring you back."

You saw the recording light go out. Blitz waving you over before fiddling with some sort of rug, apparently to blindfold you again.
"I really am sorry about everypony that dies, but my Options are limited and I can´t afford to take chances."
That were the last words you heard before something smelling was pressed to your snout and everything faded to black around you.

Author's Note:

Gentlemen (and ladies if we have any), I have written... this Thing.
Let´s see if my Inspiration Returns in time for the coming chapters.
I want to hear your reactions, oh and Apple Cobbler is hanging in the Balance this time.