• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,013 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,013

from nothing to life, but whose?

"I take the way of the Rioter, i will bring the Princesses down with those that serve them."

"An interesting choice." Fate sounds almost surprised at this.
"I would´ve expected a less subtle Approach, but I have given you free reign. As the first tool, you are given the power of speech,so that your words can conquer the minds of your listeners and the innate ability to make a Pony, especially one that is easily swayed, see things from your Point of view, you will find this ability to be excellent for negotiations."

Fate continues speaking in a tone that sounds alarmingly teacherish:
"As your first choice defined your future, your next choice will define your past, ponies come in many forms, and even in Equestrias current state there are those that seek to Change things radically, those dissatisfied with the princesses, be it their laws or personal Vendetta. and three of those might just start to make plans if given incentive. which of them, is up to you."

As before, three orbs materialize, you look into the first, an orange hue surrounding it, and see what you know to be an earth pony mare, she talked about something or another with a stallion behind a desk was seemingly rejected, despair evident on her face she seems to beseech the stallion. this continued for a bit until a pair of security guards came in and threw her out.

"Her Name is Gleaming Metal, she is divorced, a blacksmith by Talent and she was just told that she had no visiting rights to her own foals, an archaic law that was never even brought to the princesses Attention is giving the stallion siring them full custody in case of a divorce, the lawyer of her ex is abusing every loophole and the officials refuse looking into the matter, something has to change and while she may not have flight or magic, she has a burning, contagious passion."

you nod, no matter what, a lot of things would Change once you were down there. you peer into the second orb, surrounded by a red glow. Inside you see a unicorn stallion. packing up his belongings hastily and apparently fleeing a City on a mountainside... Canterlot is the word that Comes to the Forefront of your thoughts.

"He is known as Gene Splicer, a scientist with great ideas and little restraint in terms of ethics. He conducted many experiments, hoping to build a better future for ponykind, after a small accident involving one of his test subjects, princess Celestia cut his funding. He continued experimenting on his own and the result caused quite a bit of damage. He has been sent out of Canterlot to never return and he swore to Show them all."

hmm, simple vengeance, sometimes simple was better... you decide to wait with your decision until after you saw the third Orb. This one is surrounded by a blue glow and inside you see a pegasus stallion, in an orange Jumpsuit, he is being escorted out of a cell and under cheers of the other inmates, apparently he is popular in there.

"This one is called Thunderhead, a weather Pegasus brought in for performing the falsely illegalized art of lightning control, he made a lot of friends in the Pegasus prison and he is convinced that the current System must be replaced with a better one, he will see to that, and to his friends´ freedom as soon as he has the Inspiration."

intriguing, a tried and true criminal for a crime that isn´t even one...

"So, i can unleash the fire in a mothers heart, the genius of a slightly mad unicorn, or the repressed anger of an oppressed pegasus?" you were beginning to like this.

"After you enter the life of your choosing there will be no going back, you won´t even remember that you were ever here. you will be them, with their memories, personality and their goals."

"and i will do anything to achieve These Goals too, right?"

"you will pursue them with all you can, your methods will be questionable at times and at others undoubtedly cruel. you will be faced with more choices along the way, but this is the last one you will be Aware of. Choose wisely, because this is the second most important choice."

It was indeed time to choose, you would take on a Life and live it out, or die trying.

Author's Note:

may be a bit on the short side, this one, but this chapter will set the General direction for the rest of the fic, then i can lenghten them out a bit more.
choices in summary for those that missed them:
orange: Passionate earth Pony mother, able blacksmith and infectious in her drive.
red: Unicorn scientist, angry at his former colleagues and the princess and capable in both Magic and science.
blue: Pegasus inmate, lots of friends in shady places and capable of lightning control.