• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Thunderstruck pt. 1

"hmm, the way i see it, Gleaming Metal would immediately have the People, their adoration their Support, she has the Civilians, Gene Splicer is a Genius, not really much restraint but a damn good scientist, both Sound pretty neat, but Thunderhead has an army, pegasi are slightly militaristic by nature already and here´s a prison full of them. This is not an easy choice, but i´ll have to make a big strike fast, and for that i Need Thunderhead and his inmates, he is my choice."

Fate speaks once more to you, for the last time:
"I have arranged for all three of them to meet, but Thunderhead will now be you, The drive behind the Revolution and the leader of the triad, the skills of the others will eventually join your cause, but that is for a later time. when you arrive it will be just another day at Clouds Haven for you and the Inmates, you must make your escape and turn to safe hiding. This was the last Exchange between us, from here, all is up to you."

Around you the orbs vanish, a greenish light envelops your Vision before it all goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Thunderhead, enough laying around, it´s your two hours of sunshine, GET UP!"

you groan as you stand up, you had almost managed to ignore the Warden´s ever so pleasant attitude.

"five more minutes mom, i´ve been a good colt ever since i was brought in, did as i was told, ate my peas, tidied up my room-"

"don´t get smart with me, Thunder, you get up right now or you´re off to the hole." The Guard seems to be on an especially short fuse today, did he catch wind of your plan? maybe he felt the Tension in the air today.

you decide to Play nice a Little longer, after all, this evening you´d finally get a proper meal rather than... whatever that Grey stuff was, you were pretty sure it wasn´t the promised Oatmeal.

"so, anything Happening outside we poor sods in here should know about?"

"we both know that you aren´t going to see outside anytime soon. you practiced a form of weather Manipulation that goes against the law, and wield a power in your wings that is to dangerous to release upon the world."

"As if it was so difficult to just make me keep wearing these highly itchy wingclasps and let me out, i never hurt anybody, this isn´t justice."

"only half the ponies here are in for justice, Boy, the other half, like you, is to dangerous to be free."

The sad Thing is, that colt probably even believes the utter Griffon crap he´s telling. Yeah, being able to generate lightnings in your wings was a bit scary, but this power could be used for good just as well. At least, if someone was willing to give you a Chance to prove it. you pleaded to the judge with These exact words, well that´s what you get for trying to find a peaceful solution. In hindsight, you should thank him though, being brought here got you a lot of knowledge about the pegasi perceived to dangerous, they in turn learned about you, after the director you were the one that really had the inmates under control.

"you know, i´m gonna miss this place when i get out, it´s been a while since i got in, it´s almost my home now."

"and it will stay that way until you die, nopony in their right mind would ever release you."

by this Point you had reached outside, the wingclamps in place to restrain your flight, were put on by a friend you made among the guards, he believed you were well behaved enough and listened to your complaints. he put them on a bit looser just so much that you still couldn´t get out, or so he thought.
the courtyard was nice enough for a fortress on a clifftop. provided a nice view to the sky far above framed by the walls of the prison and at one of the four Corners a Radio antenna to call guard reinforcements.
you passed a few cells and some inmates on the way to work, as well as one on Janitor duty near the master cell controls, you could tell they were waiting for your Signal.

"something wrong?" your guard was the last Problem.

"just lost in thought, remembering how i used to love flying. after so Long i believe i´ve earned at least a slight breeze through my feathers."

"yeah right, we both know that the second your wings are free to move you send a hail of lighnings on us and then Equestria" he is a smidge sharper than average, that is indeed the General idea.

"it´s just that being cooped up in here is making me feel *cough cough* feel *hack* Sick! ooohh!"
you made a Show of coughing and hacking as pitifully as you could muster, all the while letting your Body shake and your wings wiggle against the restraints.

"oh shit are you okay?" a smidge sharper than the rest, but still dumb enough.

"i feel like... a FREE STALLION!" as you yell the last part you quickly snap your wings out of their restraints before using what you learned about your powers to let the antenna experience the first lightning from you in years.
the Sound of multiple of i´ts pieces overloading and exploding is the agreed on Signal, soon enough you hear the fire alert and the emergency release of the cell doors. You quickly leap at the guard and bring your hooves down on his forehead.

"nothing personal, i just had to Stretch my wings. the chains are broken, time to break the chainers."

Author's Note:

no choice this time, but the Show has started.
any and all Feedback is always appreciated.