• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,013 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,013

ties that always hold

"Gleaming, please don´t be mad at me, but you´ll have to give me a few minutes." You wisely decided to leap up into the air before she can say anything else, you had made your decision, your sister was the first stop.


the local weather Management Office was located on a few permaclouds above the town, the mare at the front desk was thankfully the nice Kind of secretary and you soon knew where you´d find her.

an errant Group of storm clouds, wild weather as it´s called, and These seemed particularly nasty, black, full of water and some even charged up electrically, this could cause Major Trouble if it unloaded at the wrong place.

And there she was, yelling instructions to the other weather ponies on the clouds that they were, apparently, trying to get to rain themselves out.

"get away from that one it´s charged! that one seems to have spent it´s electricity, now get it to rain! hop carefully, that´s what´s charging them up!"
Yup, mom had described in her letters that she´d developed quite the attitude.

"Looks to me like you Need help."
She turned around, not recognizing you evidently.

"Sorry, but unless you canshrug off lightning like nothing, this isn´t something you can help with."
You smirked.

"Is that so? allow me."
You fly up to the nearest cloud, that is crackling with Voltage, any normal Pegasus would fry himself inside out, but to a thunderwing this was a tickle, a thrill even.
Sure enough, the second you touch it the voltage seeps into your wings and crackles around them before dissipating, you of course were careful to direct it around your heart, that was the one place where it could still seriously harm you.
With the electricity gone a few bucks set the clouds to rain out and the last one finally dissipated them.
The deed done you turn to the slack jawed Weather ponies.

"well, that was rather refreshing... don´t you have more things on your route?" That seemed to have snapped them out of their Stupor as all of them, except your sister flew off.

"I´ve seen that before, Thunderwings, what are you doing here."

"You still don´t recognize me, Lightning Dust?" Now you had rattled her memories.

"Thunderhead!" she didn´t give you the time to smile and nod as she had already tackled you in a fierce hug.
"You´re back! I heard that you and everyone else broke out and even that you were fine, but you´re here! you´re really and actually here!" At this Point you were both crying, this time however not over being torn apart but over being back together.

"It´s been so Long."

"Ten Years, my sweet Little sister is a big Girl now. I heard you were even in the wonderbolt academy."

"I´ve had... setbacks with that, in fact i´m lucky to have been vouched for to get a second Chance."

"Me popping up in the Background check of you probably didn´t help, i´m sorry."

"NO. never be. this was never your fault. had i been stronger back then."

"hey, i´m the big brother, the guy that´s supposed to protect you."

"Heh, I´m really glad that you´re free, on the run or not, the skies are your home, not the Cage they threw you in."

"you know, with my breakout you´re probably not gonna make the squad, they´ll boot you for being my sister."

"hahaha, as if i Need your help to get booted."
You were laughing along, although only halfheartedly, she had a Talent for getting into trouble, simply by overshooting her Goals.
"But tell me, have you been home yet? We get no lifesign from you for days and then some stranger Drops off two foals and a letter from you before all goes quiet again."
That question now, was a bit uncomfortable.

"yeah, i guess i should let them know... how are they?"

Lightning Dust´s mood seems to diminish a bit
"Worried, Mom doesn´t want me to know, but she gets up early in the morning and then stares out of the window, i think she´s really hoping for you to return."

"then i won´t make her wait any longer." you turned back towards the ground.

"Heh, my shift´s over anyways, Race you there!" and she already shot past you.

"Oh now it´s on!"

Author's Note:

So, yeah, this happened.
a Little Fate vote this time. for clarifications, These are Events that "YOU" are not in the know of.
their nature depends on whether or not you want something to go well.
basically, a good day, an odd surprise and a cruel Twist of fate are the Options. may or may not scrap the idea if i realize it´s a bad one.

EDIT: thanks to jolan5 for proofreading.