• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,012 Views, 292 Comments

The other End of Balance - Dostoron



(2nd person) You don´t know who or what you are, but Fate seemingly has plans for you, evil plans that pit you against the princesses of Equestria, a choice driven story of being a bad guy.

  • ...
5
 292
 3,012

Masks are off.

You awoke in a cold sweat, remembering everything that had been said in your dreams.
Did a small part of you actually get posessed? that could turn out badly if it´s true.

"I´ll have to ask Splicer to look into that... bah, he´s busy enough with real Problems."

getting up. you remember that you had contacted Apple Cobbler about a proper speech you were going to hold.
It was high time, if not overdue to get the proper revolt underway and that meant going public, including your identity.


Sure enough your Little base of operations was abuzz with activity and in the whole City supporters of you were getting ready to properly kick out the royal guards and end the curfews, even the majority of the Police was onboard by now.
Mainly because you had taken the liberty of ratting out a few parts of the Underground that honestly deserved it.
Sapper had asked more than once why you did that when their goons could be helpful to you.
Your answer had been simple, if a bit confusing.

"there are harmless thieves, brutal Robbers, and manipulative mobsters.
the former get by with crime because it´s all they have, the second vent their Anger and lose control, the last are looking to make Profit, those guys i hate passionately. they´re like politicians, only worse."

Sapper dropped the subject after that, probably to wrap his head around it first.

You smirked as you remembered the look on his face, a smirk that fell when you came to the infirmary, Lightning Dust had woken up by now, but the experience had definitely left her shaken.
You really wanted to visit her, but Coldheart wouldn´t have it... ah what the hay, you´re the Boss here.

"Coldheart, open up."

"I already said no."

"I just want to talk with her, check if she´s better, besides, doesn´t family have visiting rights?"

"not if that visit threatens to worsen her condition."

"... what?"

"I´m sorry thunderhead but whenever i mentioned your Name her pulse skyrocketed and she was hiding under the covers, near death experiences can mess with your head, i´m afraid she has made a Connection between you and the arrow in her chest."

"She thinks that I´ll hurt her?"

"Thunderhead, she will come to terms with it eventually, but until she wants to see you i cannot let you in."

"... I get it... alright. Later."

You trotted off, Coldheart knew what she was doing, she wouldn´t lie about that.
Hulk walked up to you.

"Boss, everything is set, this evening the media and the People of manehattan will watch as we officially make the City ours. We´re about to take it to reality."

"thanks Hulk. How´s Blitz?"

"peeved at staying in, but i told her why, she understands, she doesn´t like it but she understands."

"heh, maybe the guys who think me and her are related are on to something. Well, time for me to get dressed."

~~Lightning Dust~~

You had kept quiet as Nurse Coldheart shooed Thunderhead out, now you were leaving your hiding place under your covers as the Nurse came up to your bed.

"Sooner or later he´ll lose Patience, i found out a while ago that at some Point he stops listening to reason."

"Family sickness, we all got that from papa. How is he by the way?"

"Thunderstruck is expected to make a full recovery, somepony anonymously alerted the Hospital there just in time."

"Thunderhead."

"Probably. But why do you refuse to see him, don´t worry it is under confidentiality."

"because i am afraid?"

"why?"

"the arrow..."

"the arrow that hit you?"

"no, the arrow that was meant for him."

~~a few hours later, Apple Cobbler~~

You couldn´t believe it, at least half the City was on the streets, Banners raised, the familiar lightning bolt splintering the equestrian eclipse painted on their faces or masks, they were being serious.

A few riot cops and policecolts, as you noticed they too were with thunderstorm had surrounded you and other Reporters, they really wanted you to see everything though.

"Film reel, you got all this?"

"sure do Cobbler, and it´s incredible, they´re on the street, the shouting the Frustration over the princess but not a single Stone has flown yet."

"Don´t jinx it, when that starts we´re in the middle of a battlefield here."

Sure enough the rioters were marching up to town hall, and at the lead were thunderstorm along with his closest followers.
Upon arriving there they were met with the royal guard, the whole Company stood assembled as their leader trotted to the front.

"I am Sergeant Ironhide! break this illegal riot up immediately or you will be met with force!"

He didn´t have to wait Long for an answer.

"I am Thunderstorm! Break this illegitimate Occupation of a free City up immediately or be met with the reaper!"

"I do not bow to terrorists!"

"I do not bow to tyrants!"

Film reel had her own commentary of course.

"just another political debate..."

"they´re getting to the good part."

"In her majesties Name you´re all under Arrest resistance will be met with-"

He didn´t get to finish the sentence as a bolt of lightning shot up into the sky.

"Are you listening now? good, because i will tell you something now, you waltz into this City, lock up the ponies, the Police and even the militia from here, Gas a bunch of foals, attack Reporters, disrupt crime investigations and all that in the Name of celestia and honestly expect that the ponies here still listen to anything you say at all?
Not happening. Now here´s the Thing, you pack your bronzed tin can plot into a chariot, get the buck out of manehattan on the double, or risk your life for somepony you don´t even believe in, i know you are all just in for the salary."

"Guards! Use of force authorized, take them down!" With that bellow the Guards charged, into the bolts from the thunderwings and the rage of the rioters.

Once more, Film reel had something to say.
"maybe it´s the helmets cutting off the circulation to their Brains, but i get the distinct Impression the royal guard are stupid."

You didn´t have the words to mouth an objection, too focused on the sheer number of apparent thunderwing pegasi, many of them were probably fresh out of the Exile colony, even in their state they wanted to fight... they were definitely a step up from anypony you had ever seen.

Author's Note:

... i kinda just tossed words at the Story and saw what stuck... i´ll clean it up at some Point.
also fate vote:
A: a shocking victory for sure, half the guard was mowed down before they could even ask what went wrong.
B: a certain Group of Mares steps in to stop the escalation
C: a Close call for the thunders, but they made it, for now
D: ???´s second attempt.