• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,130 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,130

Rule 87

Domination of Equestria - T+48 days.

“Now, if you look here Supremeness, figure one here clearly shows the benefits of the new route on guard patrol efficiencies. Patrol routes in the area can be cut down by four minutes due to not having to backtrack from the Solar Furnace, instead they can loop through the chamber.”

“Indeed your Overlordness, not only that, but you can reinvest that time elsewhere in the castle! By having guards come off shift four minutes early, by the end of the week that adds up to a whole half an extra shifts worth of time, as demonstrated here by figure two.”

“Quite right brother mine! And with that extra half a shift you can reduce the number of bureaucratic staff in the public areas of the castle. And with them freed up…”

“You’ll be processing paperwork at an expected 12% speed increase! Very important for the nascent totalitarian government!”

“Excellent point! And here’s another, with properly installed Flim-Flam highrise walkways in your castle, you can save even more time by not having to cover those giant vats of burning hot plasma!”

“Quite so! See here in figure 5-”

Enough! Take these two imbeciles outside and shoot them.”

“What?”
“Huh?”

“No, even better. Throw them in the plasma storage tanks and record the whole thing. You can use it in the training videos.”

Overlord Rule No:87 My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I will not construct walkways above them.