• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,131 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,131

Rule 43

Domination of Equestria - T+193 - days.

This was just too rich.
“Tell me again Miss Rarity. I can honestly say, flattery will get you everywhere.”

“Well, most Supreme Overlord, I simply couldn’t help but admire how big and broad your sword is.”
“Why yes, it is a very fine blade. I actually had it made after your friend Rainbow broke my last one in Ponyville.”
Hah, that made you wince. Nice try at hiding it though.

“Well, you made a fine choice. It looks like it would make a great implement of...terror.”
You’re floundering already. Silly mare.

“Anyway, what were you saying, before you got distracted by my sword.”
You’re doing well, but I can still see the shivers running through your coat. Up your spine, those little involuntary spasms.

“Why yes, I was saying how I’ve had a lot of time to see your new regime. I admit, I was worried at first-”
“You reduced our Manehatten manufacturing capability by forty two percent in three months. On your own.”

“Ha-ha...well, yes. Well as I said, I was just a little worried at first, but after seeing what you’ve done with Canterlot, I must say Darling, you’ve made a real miracle.”

Oh please, I can see your tongue tripping over every single word. You’re good at this, but you’re reaching further than you ever have.
“Oh yea, Canterlot has changed a lot by now. Police states feel quite different from what you’re used to I suppose. As you found for yourself though, we’ve managed to spread that now out to all the major cities in Equestria.”

“Well of course. Your crack police squad had me dead to rights within days of arriving in Manehatten. I have to say, I do admire someone who’s so capable at projecting their power in such a way.”

Hah! I wonder if anyone else saw her diaphragm heave just there? And are you seriously going for a- Yeup, there’s the saucy hair flip, and even the fluttering eyelashes.
“Oh dear, Miss Rarity, you seem to have caught me a little off guard. I would never expect any of the Element Bearers to be this reasonable.”

“Well, Darling. I simply could not resist myself in the presence of such a powerful individual. You simply must tell me all about how you’ve completed this astounding transformation. Perhaps somewhere a little more secluded, with a drink or two?”
“Well, I confess, I’m finding it hard to resist myself. Why don’t we have this conversation somewhere a little more...comfortable?”

Oh wow, that look! Please tell me the cameras caught that! Even Celestia never managed to look quite so revolted. It’s like every fiber of her being is rebelling. It’s priceless. I wonder if she can still fight through it?

“Of course, Oh Mighty Overlord. Let us, retire.”
“Please, go on ahead. I’ll just wrap up here.”

She gone yet? She gone yet? Aaaannnnd, there’s the door.

Buahahahahaha! That was priceless! Make sure she goes directly to her reserved dungeon block. If she kicks up a fuss, threaten to shave her or something.”
“As you command, My Master.”

Oh gods, that was just too rich.
"Oh stop giving me that look Luna my darling, I was hardly going to jump her bones."
"Forgive my scepticism."

Overlord Rule No:43 I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the beautiful rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let her in on my plans.